GreaseSpot Cafe

Merry Christmas

cheranne

thanks rumrunner! Sometimes I have extra time between diaper college for 2 grandsons

but, I will say this I think about twi and people to be healed from that mess.(and they are

on a special prayer list)

"diaper college"

:biglaugh:

You're probably working on your PhD by now, no?

cheranne, that is one fine Merry Christmas greeting! T'would be fun to see the looks on the faces of the wayGB when they open it up!

Bring it on I ain't skeerded,I have special forces training and most of all raised teenagers

to be quite nice people now. :biglaugh:

I only want people of twi past ,present and future "potential victims" to not be SUCKED

into a MONEY PIT. :cryhug_1_:

:offtopic: Yes, the statue of Christ is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It wasn't by Gutson Borglum though.

From Wikipedia:

Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa designed the statue; it was sculpted by Paul Landowski, a French monument sculptor of Polish origin. A group of engineers and technicians studied Landowski's submissions and the decision was made to build the structure out of reinforced concrete (designed by Albert Caquot) instead of steel, more suitable for the cross-shaped statue. The outer layers are soapstone, chosen for its enduring qualities and ease of use.

Back on topic, I don't quite understand what the statue has to do with TWI or why it was used in the slide show.

Back on topic, I don't quite understand what the statue has to do with TWI or why it was used in the slide show.

Sorry if I derailed the thread - I just happened to recognize it having spent a lot of time in South Am.

• Upvote 1

:offtopic: Yes, the statue of Christ is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It wasn't by Gutson Borglum though.

Well, I'll be dipped. I was drawing on my extensive research from a 7th-grade book report. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. Geeze, I remember even pasting a picture of the statue in my little folio thingy. Now all I can find is a vague reference to a statue of Christ that Borglum planned, but never executed.

Hmmm...

• Upvote 1

Well, I'll be dipped. I was drawing on my extensive research from a 7th-grade book report. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. Geeze, I remember even pasting a picture of the statue in my little folio thingy. Now all I can find is a vague reference to a statue of Christ that Borglum planned, but never executed.

Hmmm...

The memory is the first thing to go. I forget what the second thing is....

Sorry if I derailed the thread - I just happened to recognize it having spent a lot of time in South Am.
well ...I just love the statue of Jesus in Rio!

I do too. And Rumrunner, you didn't derail the thread. I'm just trying to understand how the statue fits with the other images in the video, about TWI and "the wrong way" and all that. Maybe I'm just too analytical. (I've been trying to figure out why I'm like that!)

Now I am thinking of that late 60's song "And Merry Chistmas and a Happy New Year". Was that by John Lennon?

omg! That was great!

Does anyone have a video like that for Scientology? One of our dearest friends has been witnessed to by a Scientologist who has invited him to a meeting and given him a book. YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Anyone ever involved in TWI needs to read this. Please and start out the New Year out of The Way.

Cult Information Article

...ritual abuse groups may share the following characteristics with coercive cults: ...dogma is more important than people, ... a radical separation of good and evil,... a demand for purity," members are watched all the time and their loyalty is tested "... the dogma is enacted through rituals,... regularly observe(d) rituals, rituals frequently invoke supernatural intervention,... staged events such as planned spontaneity... mystical manipulations, cults capitalize on members' fear and ignorance,... a sense of separateness (is promoted) through an "us" and "them" mentality, ... siege mentality with a paranoid view of the outside world, humor is forbidden, resistance of members is worn down through physical and emotional manipulations, a person's identity is destroyed... to create a new one," members give up their autonomy to be approved," mind control is used to indoctrinate the victim into the group's belief system, individuality is uniformly suppressed,... a well-defined hierarchy," members are used to benefit leader(s), "mind control is used ...to convert the victim to the group's belief system,... to insure secrecy... and to carry out cult instructions. (Safe Passage to Healing p 47 48)

Survivors in cults may be taught to feel superior to others. This creates feelings of alienation. They may be programmed how to behave outside the cult and who to have as friends.

Can people "unknowingly" reporting back to the original cult or other cults (online or offline)?

Safe Passage to Healing states that protector or maintainer alters, may sound like they are still cult active.

It is very important to cut all contact with possible cult members and/or unhealthy groups that may have handlers (people that know the triggers and use them for their own or someone else's benefit.)

The strong need for some survivors to be a part of something, anything, even if it may be harmful to the person. Ends justify the means. Doing immoral things to help "protect" the group. Survivors join the group to heal, but the malevolent survivor groups hidden goal could be to keep them from healing by "messing them up." This survivor group may be controlled or may have been formed by an outside group, cult or organization.

It is difficult to know when one is brainwashed, esp. if this is occurring in an alter. Codependency characteristics can be used by some groups to revictimize survivors, making them emotionally dependent on the group.

Codependency can be defined as a condition marked by an inordinate reliance on person(s), thing(s), or activities, for personal well-being and self-esteem (Breaking the Circle... preface section.) This could include the use of guilt or strong emotions to bond a person to the group.

Hassan's (Combatting Cult Mind Contro) criteria for mind control in a group.

The leader is always right and dissent is frowned upon or squelched.

The organization considers themselves a team and not allow others in, or other survivor orgs. are considered bad.

They are the best org. their team is the best.

The leader or leadership group makes all the important decisions, all must follow, public dissent is squelched.

Some people may take the name of the leader or imitate the leader.

In a malevolent org. those that follow the leader's rules are complimented, those that dissent are told they are difficult or impolite, their opinions are dismissed as an attack, not acknowledged that they might have some validity.

Anyone ever involved in TWI needs to read this. Please and start out the New Year out of The Way.

Cult Information Article

...ritual abuse groups may share the following characteristics with coercive cults: ...dogma is more important than people, ... a radical separation of good and evil,... a demand for purity," members are watched all the time and their loyalty is tested "... the dogma is enacted through rituals,... regularly observe(d) rituals, rituals frequently invoke supernatural intervention,... staged events such as planned spontaneity... mystical manipulations, cults capitalize on members' fear and ignorance,... a sense of separateness (is promoted) through an "us" and "them" mentality, ... siege mentality with a paranoid view of the outside world, humor is forbidden, resistance of members is worn down through physical and emotional manipulations, a person's identity is destroyed... to create a new one," members give up their autonomy to be approved," mind control is used to indoctrinate the victim into the group's belief system, individuality is uniformly suppressed,... a well-defined hierarchy," members are used to benefit leader(s), "mind control is used ...to convert the victim to the group's belief system,... to insure secrecy... and to carry out cult instructions. (Safe Passage to Healing p 47 48)

Survivors in cults may be taught to feel superior to others. This creates feelings of alienation. They may be programmed how to behave outside the cult and who to have as friends.

Can people "unknowingly" reporting back to the original cult or other cults (online or offline)?

Safe Passage to Healing states that protector or maintainer alters, may sound like they are still cult active.

It is very important to cut all contact with possible cult members and/or unhealthy groups that may have handlers (people that know the triggers and use them for their own or someone else's benefit.)

The strong need for some survivors to be a part of something, anything, even if it may be harmful to the person. Ends justify the means. Doing immoral things to help "protect" the group. Survivors join the group to heal, but the malevolent survivor groups hidden goal could be to keep them from healing by "messing them up." This survivor group may be controlled or may have been formed by an outside group, cult or organization.

It is difficult to know when one is brainwashed, esp. if this is occurring in an alter. Codependency characteristics can be used by some groups to revictimize survivors, making them emotionally dependent on the group.

Codependency can be defined as a condition marked by an inordinate reliance on person(s), thing(s), or activities, for personal well-being and self-esteem (Breaking the Circle... preface section.) This could include the use of guilt or strong emotions to bond a person to the group.

Hassan's (Combatting Cult Mind Contro) criteria for mind control in a group.

The leader is always right and dissent is frowned upon or squelched.

The organization considers themselves a team and not allow others in, or other survivor orgs. are considered bad.

They are the best org. their team is the best.

The leader or leadership group makes all the important decisions, all must follow, public dissent is squelched.

Some people may take the name of the leader or imitate the leader.

In a malevolent org. those that follow the leader's rules are complimented, those that dissent are told they are difficult or impolite, their opinions are dismissed as an attack, not acknowledged that they might have some validity.