GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?

Jim

VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?

• God miracled a snowstorm for VPW
    • God miracled a snowstorm in VPW's head
    • VPW hallucinated a snowstorm
    • VPW saw a freak hailstorm and interpreted it as a miracle
    • VPW made the whole thing up
    • None of the above

I guess I don't get it.

If it was just a rogue snow squall that nobody else happened to see, what makes it so phenomenal?

I mean, if it was just a rogue snow squall, that would make it a natural occurrence, not phenomenon.

Edited by waysider

I seem to remember being told in the library (at HQ) that the New Knoxville newspaper from that most wonderful day was there and mentioned the snowstorm.

Why I didn't have a look-see I don't know.

Maybe I was daydreaming.

I guess I don't get it.

If it was just a rogue snow squall that nobody else happened to see, what makes it so phenomenal?

The timing was significant to VPW.

It's short duration was also attention getting to him.

I never said nobody else saw it, only that it didn't get reported by the Weather Service.

October.. hmm. Perhaps.. just perhaps..

maybe the old vicster was "taken" by aliens.. you know, one of those cosmic socks full of sand, or lead pipes over the head.. when he woke up all he could see was stars.. I could see how one could mistake the experience for a massive undocumentable snowstorm. Everything just kinda goes black at first..

or maybe he experienced some kind of "missing time" experience.. due to whatever.. or maybe the same effects from the above explanation..

or *they* just brought him back in the middle of January.. he just THOUGHT it was still October..

:biglaugh:

Bolshevik seems intent on reinventing the flat tire.

Do you have more information to share Mike?

didn't Juedes already research the papers?

At HQ, they hounded me with "The Research has already been done!! No need to reinvent the wheel!"

verify, . . . verify . . . verify . .

Fort Wayne, Indiana

spanks

or maybe it was just a massive dose of dmt..

people have experienced something resembling a snowstorm in such a manner..

Kesey even claimed to have seen Lou Costello materialize out of a pipe full of that stuff for about a minute and a half..

Edited by Ham

or.. maybe it was just a simple combination of the above.. massive dose of dmt, administered by aliens.. followed by "administration" of said sock, or lead pipe.. then the missing time..

hey.. to me, it's more believable, than the alternative..

Yeah.. more believable than (at least one) alternative..

That the God who created the heavens and earth.. with infinite wisdom and foreknowledge, would choose to reveal the "secrets of the universe" to a (if not at the time, very soon to be) drambuie breathed, lecherous, plagiarizing, thieving, abusive, arrogant, conceited, egotistical, LAZY, but opportunistic swindler, (did I miss anything? :) ) a half an excuse of a *man* to subsequently bury the "secrets" under an unbridled trail of sexual abuse, druggings, drunkenness, and general mayhem.

Really.. I'd find the aliens, dmt, and lead pipe scenario much easier to believe..

Lad - let's not forget drug induced RAPE. The only people who still believe in the drunken Vic are clearly as mentally unbalanced as he was.

Yeah.. more believable than (at least one) alternative..

That the God who created the heavens and earth.. with infinite wisdom and foreknowledge, would choose to reveal the "secrets of the universe" to a (if not at the time, very soon to be) drambuie breathed, lecherous, plagiarizing, thieving, abusive, arrogant, conceited, egotistical, LAZY, but opportunistic swindler, (did I miss anything? :) ) a half an excuse of a *man* to subsequently bury the "secrets" under an unbridled trail of sexual abuse, druggings, drunkenness, and general mayhem.

Really.. I'd find the aliens, dmt, and lead pipe scenario much easier to believe..

TW:LIL

Page 177

" After I met Rosalind Rinker in Indiana, I invited her to visit us in Payne, and she came for a week that summer of 1942. Maybe it was August. I remember it was near the end of summer------------"

Page 178

"Then Rosalind left. It was the fall of the year. Kids were in school already. It must have been September."

Page 180

"The sky was crystal blue and clear. Not a cloud in sight. It was a beautiful early autumn day. I said, 'If that was really you, and you meant what you said, give me a sign. Let me see it snow.' My eyes were tightly shut as I prayed. And then I opened them.

(Even "random squalls" require clouds.)

"The sky was so white and thick with snow, I couldn't see the tanks at the filling station on the corner not 75 feet away." Doctor relates this phenomenon in a joyous voice.

Growing up in Ohio, I can remember how crazy hot it always seemed to be the first two weeks back from summer vacation.

There was no air conditioning back then so the memory is still quite vivid.

Edited by waysider

He goes by JJ here. Here's a link to his profile.. you could pm him through that.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showuser=2723

I have read a significant amount of his work. And I do not agree with a far more significant amount of his work. He may be meaner than I, maybe. Doctrinally, sorry (well, I want to be polite), I am not buying in. Sincere, yes, his work is sincere, however to me, very incoherent..although not dysfunctional...

I have read a significant amount of his work. And I do not agree with a far more significant amount of his work. He may be meaner than I, maybe. Doctrinally, sorry (well, I want to be polite), I am not buying in. Sincere, yes, his work is sincere, however to me, very incoherent..although not dysfunctional...

What is being looked at here is really a supposed chronological, historical event, devoid, for the most part, of doctrinal matters.

Edited by waysider