GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?

Jim

VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. VPW and the Snowstorm - What do you believe?

• God miracled a snowstorm for VPW
    • God miracled a snowstorm in VPW's head
    • VPW hallucinated a snowstorm
    • VPW saw a freak hailstorm and interpreted it as a miracle
    • VPW made the whole thing up
    • None of the above

Yeah.. more believable than (at least one) alternative..

That the God who created the heavens and earth.. with infinite wisdom and foreknowledge, would choose to reveal the "secrets of the universe" to a (if not at the time, very soon to be) drambuie breathed, lecherous, plagiarizing, thieving, abusive, arrogant, conceited, egotistical, LAZY, but opportunistic swindler, (did I miss anything? :) ) a half an excuse of a *man* to subsequently bury the "secrets" under an unbridled trail of sexual abuse, druggings, drunkenness, and general mayhem.

Really.. I'd find the aliens, dmt, and lead pipe scenario much easier to believe..

and to the "other side".. let me just say, if it were a matter of the vicster JUST being a wine bibber and friend of publicans and sinners, and was just an otherwise "nice guy", I wouldn't have an issue here.

don't compare him to Jesus or Paul.

the only way I know of to get to newspaper archives is call the local historical society or public library. they can usually help you get to the right place... but, it costs some money to get a researcher to go in and copy everything for you, or a couple of days of your time to scan microfiche (unless they've been digitized and are available to order on CD). it's been a while since I did that kind of research.

I don't see this as reinventing the wheel. Juedes' article with citations doesn't seem to be complete, and it would be nice to see what can be put online for everyone to see.

• Upvote 1

C'mon you guys...the guy was drunk every day by noon...he screwed young girls and copied other people's writings word for word...

do you need a roadmap?

There was no snowstorm, he lied...plain and simple.

this is not about anyone here.

• Upvote 1

There's statements made that at least imply the snowstorm can be disproven based on records of the weather. That would be great for simple arguments with simple people. This may not be true and it's misleading. Just want to clear it up.

• Upvote 1

The random snow squall argument is a bust. Not a cloud in the sky. Wrong time of year. No supporting records.

Plus, according to TW:LIL, it was a "phenomenon" which means it could not have been a naturally occurring event anyway. So a random squall would not qualify as phenomena. And, if it was possible for it to be a naturally occurring random squall, why would he be so amazed at it anyhow? So, the possibility of it being a random squall is a moot point. Not even worth considering.

The only thing left is phenomena.

But Wierwille himself taught that the fleece deal in the O.T. was a one time event and that you can't order God to give you a sign, order up phenomena. Well, if he was right about that, he disproved his own snowstorm. If he was wrong, and he really saw it, the snowstorm would contradict his teaching on the subject and thus flush his credibility down the crapper.

But personally, I like Groucho's take on it the best.

• Upvote 1

October.. hmm. Perhaps.. just perhaps..

maybe the old vicster was "taken" by aliens.. you know, one of those cosmic socks full of sand, or lead pipes over the head.. when he woke up all he could see was stars.. I could see how one could mistake the experience for a massive undocumentable snowstorm. Everything just kinda goes black at first..

or maybe he experienced some kind of "missing time" experience.. due to whatever.. or maybe the same effects from the above explanation..

or *they* just brought him back in the middle of January.. he just THOUGHT it was still October..

:biglaugh: quote} Maybe he got his name Doctor from our favorite TimeLord or The Master. Now that I think about the poem"The touch of the Master's Hand" VPW substituted sexual intercourse for playing the violin. :offtopic:

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

BTW,

for an event that supposedly was the second most important day in his life,

he can't keep the simplest detail straight.

The account in TWLIL said the sky was suddenly in a WHITEOUT condition.

The other account before the book (Mrs W documented it in her book)

has him saying the sky was BLACK with snow.

Surely, for a significant day, if the sky is filled, you can remember if

it's all white or all black...

unless you made the whole thing up.

Significant moments for me as a Christian- I can often recite the MINOR

details decades later.

• Upvote 1