GreaseSpot Cafe

How many PFAL are Way Corps Grads?

themex

From the thousands of PFAL grads how may are Way Corps?

I found a link that said:

"The Way College of Biblical Research was used for 20 years to teach The Way International's leadership program,

with nearly 6,000 students and staff being housed there between 1977 and 1997".

http://www.kpcnews.net/special-sections/re...lections36.html

but how many do you think finished the program?

SUPPOSING THOSE NUMBERS ARE ACCURATE-

and twi was always fond of stacking numbers of people who NEVER EXISTED-

it doesn't mean

"that many people were corps on-site there."

It means "that many people were on-site either as STAFF or AS STUDENTS."

"STUDENTS" doesn't mean "corps". It also includes anyone who visited the site for a

long weekend, for the Advanced class, etc.

The same site says "Many accelerated biblical research seminars and advanced classes were held at the campus from 1979-1996,"

which is NOT the same as saying "corps."

The main corps training facility started as hq, then as the Emporia location.

The Rome City location was never the PRIMARY corps facility.

(In each case, all sites hosted different events, not just corps.)

Leave us not forget the 'college division'-a decidedly lesser program for those who wish to excel in their professions.

To my knowledge, the way never helped or cared about ANYONE's profession ( well, they cared about the money they could glom-or using a person's status, if they had any). But training people? forget it.

(# of people on earth during the time frame) X (fraction witnessed to) X (fraction who went to fellowship) X

(fraction who signed a green card) X (fraction who finished the class) X (fraction who took other classes) X

(fraction who signed up for corps) X (fraction who finished) X (fraction of those who would admit to any of this) = ????

about 42.

Leave us not forget the 'college division'-a decidedly lesser program for those who wish to excel in their professions.

To my knowledge, the way never helped or cared about ANYONE's profession ( well, they cared about the money they could glom-or using a person's status, if they had any). But training people? forget it.

Hey there... watch it... some of us here are Red-taggers (College Division alums) and proud of it!!!

I think those numbers might actually be "valid". When I lived at Emporia in the College Program the bulk of the 15th and 13th corps were housed there (the HQ dorm hadn't been built yet), plus a multitude of staff and interim corps, plus the college program folks. Then, as someone mentioned, you had some special weekends and classes run from the campus, and of course they did their own Sunday Night Service back then and a lot of locals came in for that so I can see how they would come up with that number with just a little stretching.