GreaseSpot Cafe

I Found My WOW Pin Last Week

dmiller

Hey, I remember that jacket now you describe it.

Did Uncle Howard used to wear one? Often?

(When did he go WoW?) (LOL)

I don't mean to pizz on anybody's memories, really.

I just can't relate to anyone's warm feelings with regards to anything Way-flavored. Saving a W.O.W. pin to me is like an ex-addict saving a favorite hypodermic needle to remember all those wonderful "highs" he had. Unseemly, at best.

I just can't relate, sorry...

Heh heh heh - we're in the same boat George - along with Groucho and a few other n'er do wells here. Would ya mind passing me another ale?

Because as one leadership mucky muck put it, "anyone who survived the WOW field, deserves a medal of honor"

That pin, to me, is that.

The jacket, I won't wear it; besides it has the name Bob on it, doesn't do me any good, although easier to pronounce for sure. but it might mean something to a dead man's children.

It's not about whether or not TWI suckedass or was fuked up, it's about something else to some.

I remember those jackets , now that you describe it. Like I said-they weren't giving them to the wow's-the wows only gave them a chunk of their life to push their program. Those part time McDonalds jobs should have covered shiny jackets as long as they were abundantly sharing.

I get what George is saying-I've got all sorts of crap tucked away I'm not necessarily proud of-maybe I am an ex addict .

I think I still have my wow pin somewhere (not planning on looking for it).

I remember the jacket, never got one.

My wow year sucked. My "wow family" tolerated each other :nono5: . After the year was over I only heard from one of my wow sisters when she wanted money because she was in the corps :realmad: .

If I found that old pin would I get rid of it.... Most likely not. It would serve as a reminder of a place I was at (figuratively and literally) that I never want to go back to. The funny thing is, I was tempted to throw it on the ground and stomp on it right after I received it. But I was a good little wafer back then :asdf:

Good, bad or indifferent, I am what I am because of all the decisions I made and experiences that I have had, and that includes twi. Currently, I am happy with myself :dance: , I have a decent job :) , and a never been twi girlfriend :love3:, a half brother that I just found out about 1 year ago that I am building a relationship with :) .

We keep different things that represent different things in our lives. Most often our accomplishments and/or happy times, but sometimes we keep items that represent a time that could be a starting point in our lives. For example a wow pin. After my wow year, I joind the Army, and that was the start to where I am today.

The WOW pin was one of the last things that I got rid of. I think that I dumped it and all my old name tags the same weekend. One thing that I probably would have kept was my Corps Spoinsorship ring: silver with carved leaves and a dove on it. But I lost it at a Weenie Roast. :biglaugh:

During the late 90's, after the WOW program had been scrapped in favor of the Way Disciple program, we were told that wearing a WOW pins was "old wineskins" and was therefore discouraged. That made me want to wear it more. Old green advanced class nametags were frowned on too.