GreaseSpot Cafe

Thank you

tagalong

For allowing me to be here and participate I'd like to say "thank you" to all who have made it possible. I have been very impulsive in my first posts and the members here have helped me to see things and learn. I will visit as often as I can. It is humbling for me (someone who never was a leader, a Way Corps or even an Adved Class person) to be allowed to express my thoughts. God Bless you who run this and again thank you.

Words of advice from a friend of mine (non-way), but they're applicable.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways - coffee in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride"

:dance::biglaugh::beer:

Welcome aboard, eh? :spy:

we're all the same, tag

so glad you're here

You help me to be glad to be here. I have been getting more interested in fellowshipping again with believers since being here. I have found Pressed Down shaken...etc on my space, Bob Stanley on my space and some good teaching on Speaking in Tongues on you tube. It is all very good and none of it is with twi I am very confident of that. I think (no I really believe) that there are believers who want to help others with God's Word and we ARE "ambassadors for Christ" like in II Corinthians. I have a passionate desire to apply 1st Corinthians 13 and do what I can for God. I had an earthly father who was not loving and so I have had a difficult time applying that love of God agape love but I know it is there inside of me for I am born again. Even though I can seem mean and nasty (because I sometimes feel the need-whether imagined or real- to vent) but deep inside I want to be the best believer I can be. As a Roman Catholic youngster I was at some kind of Church meeting it was led by lay clergy and they said to silently think of something you want between you and God (very unusual in the RC Church,lol). I said to God I wanted to be a better servant of Jesus Christ. Soon after that was when I came across believer and the (notorious, at least here it is notorious) Way. lol I don't know how I woulddah ever heard of what is available without the Way even though so many suffered. I personally suffered less in the Way than I did in football (where I was bullied). Anyway sorry to ramble but I am really blessed to read "so glad you're here". My prayer for you Excathedra is that God shall bless your heart Ephesians 3:20 style. Sincerely, Tag.

God first

Beloved tagalong

God loves you my friend

I hope you visit us a lot my friend

some of these have seem a lot of pain in their lives from living through a cult

but after you think about most church are cults

our were no worse than and better than others

it all about money for some

while put money last we still want things

they be as good has George Muller how he ran that children home

but I sure he made his share of mistakes

but not in his book

you can bet I have my mistakes in the but like George Muller I will not show everything

but when writes about me what will they say

will i got off subject

i love you

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

For allowing me to be here and participate I'd like to say "thank you" to all who have made it possible. I have been very impulsive in my first posts and the members here have helped me to see things and learn. I will visit as often as I can. It is humbling for me (someone who never was a leader, a Way Corps or even an Adved Class person) to be allowed to express my thoughts. God Bless you who run this and again thank you.

Everyone's allowed their voice here.

(Except, of course, when it's an attempt to silence the voice of another or punish them for speaking.)

Some of the discussions can get a little rough- but that's true over most of cyberspace.

I've posted lots of places. Many have been much more civil. A number have been a lot rougher.

Even when some, many, or most of us think you're a chowderhead, you're still welcome to come back

tomorrow and post some more chowderhead stuff.

Free speech is well worth the rough-and-tumble, in my opinion.

Tag, your opinion is as valid as that of any other person here. You have the right to speak. Welcome!

Some people have greater insight than others of the "bigger picture" or generally have more wisdom. Many people here still profess to be Christians; others say they don't believe in any of it any more. You will have to choose for yourself (yes, for yourself! You get to choose!) who you think are the most reliable posters, and who you think has an ax to grind. You do not have to accept anyone's opinion or advice: but it's a fool who ignores the lot. You will find posters who have thought deeply about issues who can disagree, but who do it politely. Allow your mind to be flexible and to change opinions.

I'm glad you found PFAL helpful. You did learn some things - some things that are true and worth holding onto. Many of these things are hard to find in churches. I never learned much of anything in my Anglican church, either. Just as ignorant as you in the RCs. Many people here have similar reports. PFAL seemed like the answer to a prayer for me, too. Perhaps it was. But just because that was the answer - doesn't mean that I should have stuck around as long as I did. Should have observed the red flags in word and action as displayed by the "believers," and not brushed the red flags off as "It's just that person."

The difficulty is working out what is true without the TWI private interpretation of what they say is true. That's why it helps to consider the views of mature posters here.

• Upvote 1

Tag, your opinion is as valid as that of any other person here. You have the right to speak. Welcome!

Some people have greater insight than others of the "bigger picture" or generally have more wisdom. Many people here still profess to be Christians; others say they don't believe in any of it any more. You will have to choose for yourself (yes, for yourself! You get to choose!) who you think are the most reliable posters, and who you think has an ax to grind. You do not have to accept anyone's opinion or advice: but it's a fool who ignores the lot. You will find posters who have thought deeply about issues who can disagree, but who do it politely. Allow your mind to be flexible and to change opinions.

I'm glad you found PFAL helpful. You did learn some things - some things that are true and worth holding onto. Many of these things are hard to find in churches. I never learned much of anything in my Anglican church, either. Just as ignorant as you in the RCs. Many people here have similar reports. PFAL seemed like the answer to a prayer for me, too. Perhaps it was. But just because that was the answer - doesn't mean that I should have stuck around as long as I did. Should have observed the red flags in word and action as displayed by the "believers," and not brushed the red flags off as "It's just that person."

The difficulty is working out what is true without the TWI private interpretation of what they say is true. That's why it helps to consider the views of mature posters here.

Thank you Twinky. Awesome comment and very thoughtful. Very well said and honest.

My prayer for you Excathedra is that God shall bless your heart Ephesians 3:20 style. Sincerely, Tag.

thank you, i appreciate that very much

and thank you for inviting as your friend. i don't know how to accept it. never have done that. but i thank you.

you are a wonderful person. good luck here and everywhere.

Even when some, many, or most of us think you're a chowderhead, you're still welcome to come back

tomorrow and post some more chowderhead stuff.

Free speech is well worth the rough-and-tumble, in my opinion.

I believe WW is writing hypothetically here, and no insinuating that your posts are "chowderhead stuff." :)

George

I believe WW is writing hypothetically here, and no insinuating that your posts are "chowderhead stuff." :)

George

Thank you George. God Bless your heart. I took it as "hypothetical" but I am genuinely thankful that you took the time to make sure my heart was protected (from hurt feelings). So I truly thank you.