GreaseSpot Cafe

Do Branch Coordinator's get paid?

I think that it depends on the size of the branch.

Several years ago "branch" was redefined as two or more fellowships so that all Way Corps could be classified as "branch coordinators". I believe that these days anyone drawing a salry is state or region coordinator.

• Upvote 1

Back in the day, when the hierarchy went something like this:

Twig

Branch

Area

Territory

Limb

Region

Trunk

Area leaders could take a partial salary; everyone aobove that was paid full-time. Twig and Branch Leaders were on their own. Since now a Limb may be comprised of two or threee Twigs, though, I'd be surprised if even Limb Leaders got more than a travel stipend.

George

It's pathetic, really.

In The Way Tree class (1974), a twig was defined as "a fellowship of 3 or more members in a specific local area which meets nightly or not less than once a week." A branch was defined as " a fellowship of all twigs in a local community area which meets monthly or not less than every 3 months." A limb was defined as " a fellowship of all branches in a statewide area which meets every 6 months or not less than once a year."

In the early 1970's, in Cleveland, we had branch meetings every Sunday that attracted 60, 70, 80+ attendees.

Today, I would be surprised to see anything even close to that number for entire states. In fact, there are probably some states that couldn't honestly muster up a faithful twig.

So, the point I'm making is that the term "branch leader" is meaningless unless it is actually seen in light of how many members exist and what sort of classes and functions are being presented. I can remember when branches would run 2 classes of 10 or 12 students simultaneously and then turn around and do it again. Today, you'd be hard pressed to find 10 or 12 people in an entire state involved as students in a foundational class. (And that's GOOD news--IMO.)

I think "branch leader" may now be a "promotion" for aging staffers. No, it's likely not a paid position anymore.. but the one here (and I think technically he's a branch leader..) makes pitches for twi's wares..

Just curious if Branch Coordinators get any form of compensation?

yes they do.

after they die, after Jesus comes back, at the bema, they might get a crown or something.

Although nowadays they may get a green or blue hockey puck before they croak. I think you have to serve at least 10 years to get this little trophy.