GreaseSpot Cafe

Choosing leaders

Tzaia

Recently I was reading in a worship magazine where retreats where people were isolated from the world for a time (like 3 days), and involved emotional intensity, were useful for identifying people with sociopathic tendencies and weeding them out.

It appears to me that at the higher level of involvement in TWI, the higher the incidence of control freaks, narcissists, and sociopaths. Is it possible that the same strategy was used in TWI to identify those people to put them in high places?

• Upvote 2

Recently I was reading in a worship magazine where retreats where people were isolated from the world for a time (like 3 days), and involved emotional intensity, were useful for identifying people with sociopathic tendencies and weeding them out.

It appears to me that at the higher level of involvement in TWI, the higher the incidence of control freaks, narcissists, and sociopaths. Is it possible that the same strategy was used in TWI to identify those people to put them in high places?

Momentus

• Upvote 1

Momentus..

heh..

Maybe its destructive testing.. weed out the sheep.

hold harmless required. If you end up running off a cliff trying to prove you're a wolf with a parachute.. when you're not, its your fault or something..

they never considered me for a branch position.. no less "recommended" going into the corps..

maybe I'm a nice guy after all..

:biglaugh:

That may be the case ----but I am also of the opinion that anyone who adhered strictly to way doctrine would of necessity become any of these things because of the complete insanity of the doctrines. In a manner of speaking it was what they were striving for, hoping for and building

To me the place was/is a place to learn severe social dysfunction...and if one isnt already then to become a control freak, narcissist or sociopath....as "our father in the word" ( :rolleyes:) and Rev. Okie put forth the example for us....

Im sure they were watching somewhere but it was also the natural result of what they taught and exampled