GreaseSpot Cafe

What gender are you?

ex70sHouston

I just got back from taking my wife to get an MRI.

One of the forms ask for gender. There was a box for male, a box for female, then a box marked OTHER.

Ok I know I am a hick red-neck out in the sticks.

Even after you take a bull and cut him he still is a male.

My bitch dog we went and got fixed and she was still female.

I thought that when they did a sex change job they changed the sex.

So what is other?

Edited by ex70sHouston
  • Upvote 1

There are people who are intersexed, meaning they have parts of both male and female. It's not necessarily outward parts. There are those who appear to be male who have ovaries or a uterus even though they have a penis. There are women who have a vagina who have testes internally.

These people did not have surgery to make them look one way or another. They were born that way.

Edited by Nottawayfer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Difficult for those suffering this condition.

The way the athlete Caster Semenya has been treated is humiliating and if she didn't have difficulties before, she's likely to have them now.

But what do you make of those who claim to be" trapped in the body of the 'opposite' sex"? (More usually men who prefer to live as women).

If they do go through with "gender reassignment" surgery, do you think that they are then of the "new" sex? Is such a surgery-adapted [male] now really a [female]?

If they don't have surgery but just dress up in the attire more usually adopted by the "other" sex and give themselves a new name (Jack now calls himself Jill), do you call them by their "new" gender identity (she) or their previous one (he)?

A long time ago, I worked pretty closely with this guy named Tom who seemed a pretty decent sort. He really knew his trade. I asked him how he knew so much about it and he explained that he had grown up in the business. We worked well together. One day, we stopped after work for a couple beers and small talk. During the course of the conversation, I asked him where he went to high school. Well, I thought he was making some kind of joke when he casually offered the name of an all girls school. Then, he explained that he had been born a girl but was now a man. Even had an estranged teenage son who didn't know about the change and still sent him Mothers Day cards. At the time, I was still in The Way. So, what changed for me? Suddenly, due to all the teachings on devil spirits and such, I was now obligated to be very cautious about any information I shared with him because telling him anything was like telling something to devil spirits. And, I felt like I was really "missing it" spiritually because it took me so unawares. Shame, really. He is a genuinely nice person who deserved better treatment from me. I ran into him some years later and we jabbered for a bit about the old place of employment. Clearly, he hadn't been put off by my sudden aloofness all those years ago. I'm both ashamed and thankful at the same time for that.

what gender am I.. hmm.

maybe.. I'm a squirrel, in a man's body. Or is that a man in a squirrels body.. or is it a woman who thinks she is in a man's body who's in a squirrel's body.. or is it..

now as a squirrel, I suppose I would like nuts. No, not human nuts. Squirrel nuts. Nooooo..

:biglaugh:

too confusing for me..

:biglaugh: