GreaseSpot Cafe

Tribute to Waydale

OldSkool

I thought I would share this. I know Waydale had to come down and now we have GSC. However, the funny thing about the internet is it is usually archived somewhere for folks to find in all of it's glory.

Enjoy!

http://web.archive.org/web/*/waydale.com

Edited by OldSkool

I've known about this for a few years now. TWI is too internet stupid to know it's there. Be interesting to see if they try and get their lawyers to take it down. I believe all the relevant documents are at GSC but I have enjoyed seeing the original...lol

Interesting!

Can't get into the forums, though.

Like the "Love Letters" section. Would be interesting if anyone here was the beneficiary of such a letter, and it helped them make the decision to leave.

TWI is too internet stupid to know it's there. Be interesting to see if they try and get their lawyers to take it down. I believe all the relevant documents are at GSC but I have enjoyed seeing the original...lol

Uh, excuse me, but TWI will know about it NOW. You realize they have at least one designated reader of this site, right?

That's one of the nicest things anyone's said!!! Kinda like "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in the Beatles!"

Yeah, some people miss going to the Home page of this site and just log into the Forums all the time. They miss stuff like the list of all the Waydale stuff that's there... :unsure:

Edited by penworks

Uh, excuse me, but TWI will know about it NOW. You realize they have at least one designated reader of this site, right?

They'll have a hard time getting rid of it. The guys that run the site are all about free speech and freedom of information.

http://www.archive.org/about/about.php

Besides, all the pertinent information is here at GSC.

Edited by OldSkool

They'll have a hard time getting rid of it. The guys that run the site are all about free speech and freedom of information.

http://www.archive.org/about/about.php

Good

That's one of the nicest things anyone's said!!! Kinda like "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in the Beatles!"

:rolleyes: okay I have seen the front page but I had never heard of WayDale(like from

anyone before that)

I got out of TWI in 1982 and got busy with my NEW life until 10 yrs later PTSD came back

full blown to bite me in the a$$(literally)therapy is expensive and I never had a computor

until a few years ago.

I was less than happy when Waydale came down, to be honest.

I don't mean that comment as a dig to the Allens or anyone involved in the lawsuit. I knew what the information was going to be used for and it was clear. I just wasn't prepared for it to *poof* like it did. I grumbled for a few weeks about it... Yes, of course, I understand it had to happen. I shouldn't have been surprised. That isn't to say I embraced the change.

Waydale was my first connection with others who were out of TWI and had gone on with life.

I don't have the words to describe how fearful for my life I was when I first started pondering leaving TWI. I remember my heart racing as I argued with myself about what I knew was true vs. The Truth that had been fed to me via TWI. I was on a fence - and if you know me, you know I *hate* indecision. I knew I needed to get off that fence quickly but I just didn't know how. The TWI that I had joined and the TWI I knew in 1999 were two different animals. I had burned thru a marriage, my 20's, and missed more opportunities for school, jobs, and even owning a farm, than I care to think about right now - I gave it up to be part of something that was really... well, nothing.

Waydale was an oasis in all that fear. There were people who had lived it and knew both sides of life - in TWI and out of TWI. They were approachable, willing to share experiences, and I connected with many of them via chat, telephone, email, etc. Many are still dear friends today.

Waydale is what I found when LCM told the twig coordinators not to surf the internet. I guess I still owe him a thank you letter after all these years.

Yes, of course, I understand it had to happen. I shouldn't have been surprised. That isn't to say I embraced the change.

We all know why Waydale went down, don't we? ... One explanation that was _not_ the reason is this (oft recurring, unfortunately :( ) _rumor_ that The Way reached a settlement with the Allens on the condition that they shut down Waydale. ... FALSE! :nono5: I mean, think about it. TWI was literally on its knees, and wanted to settle out of court before the trial happened, one that they were sure to _lose_. Ie., The Allens had TWI where they wanted them. So TWI was in _no_ conditions to demand terms. ... At all! I mean, what were they going to say? "Give in to our demands, Paul & Fern, ... or else TWI will continue to trial and LOSE!!" :biglaugh: ... Right!

Paul himself clearly indicated that Waydale was taking up his and Fern's lives, and they both just wanted to get on with their lives quietly. They saw Waydale as accomplishing its mission culminating with the victorious lawsuit. And as a bonus, Pawtucket kept the ball rolling by starting up Greasespot Cafe.

Thus, TWI wouldn't have gotten what they wanted anyway. :evilshades:

Edited by GarthP2000

We all know why Waydale went down, don't we? ... One explanation that was _not_ the reason is this (oft recurring, unfortunately :( ) _rumor_ that The Way reached a settlement with the Allens on the condition that they shut down Waydale. ... FALSE! :nono5: I mean, think about it. TWI was literally on its knees, and wanted to settle out of court before the trial happened, one that they were sure to _lose_. Ie., The Allens had TWI where they wanted them. So TWI was in _no_ conditions to demand terms. ... At all! I mean, what were they going to say? "Give in to our demands, Paul & Fern, ... or else TWI will continue to trial and LOSE!!" :biglaugh: ... Right!

Paul himself clearly indicated that Waydale was taking up his and Fern's lives, and they both just wanted to get on with their lives quietly. They saw Waydale as accomplishing its mission culminating with the victorious lawsuit. And as a bonus, Pawtucket kept the ball rolling by starting up Greasespot Cafe.

Thus, TWI wouldn't have gotten what they wanted anyway. :evilshades:

Yes, we all know why... Yeah, it's not like I was there or anything.... :rolleyes:

Yes, we all know why... Yeah, it's not like I was there or anything.... :rolleyes:

Waydale was only in operation for, I believe, 18 months. It had an impact still felt today. It closed 9 years ago. It put the crack in TWI's glass house. Someone asked earlier about the records from the trial. Much is available from the courts. I had the documents, most of which is legalese. Nothing earth shattering. The summary judgement says it all. Anything that could be sealed, were. TWI does their best to make sure that is part of any settlement. So the depositions of the TWI board, including Martindale, will not see the light of day. If I remember the sequence of events, Martindale was fired a few days after his deposition. That would be a document to see, but we won't.

In the nine years since, many people have been able to sort out their lives and the role that TWI played in it. Dealing and overcoming the damage has been a daily challenge for many, but the healing happens.

The problem of the TWI mindset continues in groups like, CES/STFI; CFFM; River Road and many others. Hopefully we can put cracks in some more glass houses.

Mr. Allen spearheaded this great mission.

• Upvote 1

A good crack in that glass house! :eusa_clap: Gee and I was looking and wondering what happened to "everybody"?

My first contact with ex twi was here but only a year or so ago! I felt happy and also

sad because I knew we all understood eachother having been through the same bible mill!

So Thanks for not leaving people like me behind. There is healing for us all. :cryhug_1_::knuddel::rolleyes: