GreaseSpot Cafe

Surprise in the Central Market, Valencia, Spain

dmiller

No - - - It's not banjo or fiddle or blues, but you've gotta love how music adds to folks lives. cool.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last year at the central market in Valencia, Spain, opera singers disguised as shopkeepers were selling produce at the various stalls there. Suddenly Verdi's Il Travatore starts playing over the loudspeakers and they burst into song. None of the shoppers has a clue what's going on. Sort of like candid camera, but completely charming.

Click on this & watch and enjoy the music and the faces in the crowd.

No - - - It's not banjo or fiddle or blues, but you've gotta love how music adds to folks lives. cool.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last year at the central market in Valencia, Spain, opera singers disguised as shopkeepers were selling produce at the various stalls there. Suddenly Verdi's Il Travatore starts playing over the loudspeakers and they burst into song. None of the shoppers has a clue what's going on. Sort of like candid camera, but completely charming.

Click on this & watch and enjoy the music and the faces in the crowd.

Much excellent. And OMG if you have ever had a jamone (ham) in Spain you won't buy another one in the USA. Did you see all of that fine jamone just hanging off the ceiling?

that is positvely great! Thanks for bringing it David. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have stuff like this happen everywhere now and then? It might make the arts more real to people.

I saw another youtube for, I think, Sound of Music in a train station by a troupe awhile ago. These things would be fun to be a part of, and oh the memories to tell!

I have never had the hams from Spain but my grandpa had hams hanging from the ceiling in the smokehouse. Once you eat that homegrown stuff the grocery store junk just doesn't get it. It is the same with chickens.

Can you imagine an open air market here in the US trying to get away with hanging hams, and displaying all kind of meats and fish the way they do in Europe!??!! The FDA and DHEC would go ballistic.