GreaseSpot Cafe

craig martindale compared to david

brainfixed

david koresh that is. i was watching the history channel's "decoding the past" about cults and the part about the "branch davidians" perked my ears up when they started talking about "the present truth" being one of the "foundational" doctrines of the 7th day adventists, and how david koresh was "hand picked" by the "prophetess" to be her successor, and how david koresh got "special revelation" concerning "the promised land" and all the correlations to the verbage of craig martindale and i thought "sheesh! the way international may have been a bastardized offshoot of the branch davidians!" then i looked up the branch davidians and got a real surprise! on conservapedia i found a list of their beliefs in part and part of that part are these:

• That the fourth commandment requires the observance of the seventh day Sabbath, and that Sabbath falls on Saturday.

• That after death, one is unconscious until the resurrection and judgment day.

• That there shall be a resurrection both of the just and of the unjust. The resurrection of the just will take place at the second coming of Christ; the resurrection of the unjust will take place a thousand years later, at the close of the millennium.

• That the sinful, including Satan, will be reduced to a state of non-existence.

• That the second coming of Christ is near at hand.

• That the millennial reign of Christ covers the period between the first and the second resurrections, that at the end of the millennium, the Holy City will descend to the earth.

• That God will make all things new. The earth, restored to its pristine beauty, will become forever the abode of the saints of the Lord. The promise to Abraham, that through Christ he and his seed should possess the earth throughout the endless ages of eternity, will be fulfilled.

maybe i'm full of bs and maybe the way international was just a bastardization of everything. i'm just saying, ya know?

Looks like most of the doctrinal beliefs are pretty common with most of Christianity. However, the similarities in practice sent a shiver up my spine.

"most of christianity" from what i've experienced celebrates the sabbath on sunday, believes that when you die it's your immediate judgement and you go to heaven or to hell (or to purgatory) and that satan will live in eternal chains and that unrepentant sinners will live in eternal torment. the thing that got me was that i was raised to believe that "christendumb" had it all wrong and the way international was the only place that had it all right and then here i find out that the way international wasn't just plagarizing some study materials, but had stolen a whole religion!

LCM vs. David Koresh?

Douchier. And with tights and a rainbow colored headband. And he was doing the seed lady.

i don't understand this?

• That the fourth commandment requires the observance of the seventh day Sabbath, and that Sabbath falls on Saturday.

• That after death, one is unconscious until the resurrection and judgment day.

• That there shall be a resurrection both of the just and of the unjust. The resurrection of the just will take place at the second coming of Christ; the resurrection of the unjust will take place a thousand years later, at the close of the millennium.

• That the sinful, including Satan, will be reduced to a state of non-existence.

• That the second coming of Christ is near at hand.

• That the millennial reign of Christ covers the period between the first and the second resurrections, that at the end of the millennium, the Holy City will descend to the earth.

• That God will make all things new. The earth, restored to its pristine beauty, will become forever the abode of the saints of the Lord. The promise to Abraham, that through Christ he and his seed should possess the earth throughout the endless ages of eternity, will be fulfilled.

I guess of the list, only two couldn't be considered mainstream. Seventh Day Adventist like Saturday's and I'm not sure who else out there believes the dead are dead until resurrection, but given Wierwille seemed to lack the ability for original thoughts, I would say that there are others.

Douchier. And with tights and a rainbow colored headband. And he was doing the seed lady.->>>> Here the poster is calling Martindale a bigger douche than Koresh, and poking fun at King Douche when he starred in athletes of the spirit. Apparently, he was boinking his co-star, the seed lady....ROFL!

Craig Martindale vs. David Koresh

One was a crazy cult leader who slept with married women whose husbands were loyal followers and had numerous screwy, nutty, and stupid doctrines who isolated his followers as best he could in order to dominate them...........

and the other was David Koresh!? :jump:

Craig Martindale vs. David Koresh

One was a crazy cult leader who slept with married women whose husbands were loyal followers and had numerous screwy, nutty, and stupid doctrines who isolated his followers as best he could in order to dominate them...........

and the other was David Koresh!? jump.gif

Regardless of what David Koresh was actually like, that was really funny, Jeff! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Waysider, just saw your clip. Too funny!

With that extra layer of meaning for ex-Wayfers, LOL.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

"most of christianity" from what i've experienced celebrates the sabbath on sunday, believes that when you die it's your immediate judgement and you go to heaven or to hell (or to purgatory) and that satan will live in eternal chains and that unrepentant sinners will live in eternal torment. the thing that got me was that i was raised to believe that "christendumb" had it all wrong and the way international was the only place that had it all right and then here i find out that the way international wasn't just plagarizing some study materials, but had stolen a whole religion!

i don't understand this?

have to read it in the "original"..

:biglaugh:

Atheletes of the spurt (Satan's Alley)..

in a very suggestive way in the "production".. he *did* the seed lady..

I understand he *did* most (or at least a lot) of the female dancers in that little "production"..

hmm.. one born of the false gawd's seed.. why not..

he should have.. stood "firm".. denied them his essence.. deprived them of his precious bodily fluids..

grain alcohol and rainwater may have saved him..

maybe.. they should have named the production.. "how I stopped worrying, and learned to love the boob, *ahem*, the bomb.."

what a frigging moron..

no wonder all he can do now is unload trucks..

sowie.. sometimes I can't help myself..