GreaseSpot Cafe

Story book God's alleged ' love '

if i may say...most all of those who care for and serve in the fields of dying are typically not doing so out "fascination." So few show up.

and...if the ancient scriptures were inspired by and for ancient workers of these fields, the Bible may be pointing at ancient versions of something very different than we think.

...something more like what Dr Byock is pointing at.

"Ministers of fire"

Death is overated. I've seen too much of it.

If another person never dies in my arms or before my eyes I will not be upset.

I've buried too many loved ones, too many friends.

To me death is very much an enemy,... I do not like it, no sir, no ma'am. No Thank You!

not so much death as the end of this life Gen-2,

thoughts die as new ones spring forth

keeping the good of the old if there was any

I too have seen death,

and will again.

This is why the enemy is faced in each of us.

Because of love, we can, we will.

and we learn what it is by seeing it happen

in our hearts

in our minds

in nature

in the heavens

God first

thanks Cman

Death the reason I thank God the Children I hear about

Birth is the beginning of life

but death is the end of life maybe fleshly life but spiritual it a new beginning

that why we joy in death because will overcome death to live on

I talk to my mother many times

and she die in 2005 but not end of her

three days she got up like Christ did

the birth took three days

just my birth took nine months

my mother won over death

with love and a holy kiss Roy

To me death is very much an enemy,... I do not like it, no sir, no ma'am. No Thank You!

While death can be an uncomfortable and inconvenient truth, it is necessary..

John 12:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

1 Cor 15:35ff "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body."

Death is seen daily. Our lives are a testament to that. Whether it be our cells that pass away, or our idealogies that must die so that we can grasp greater ones. Passing from one form to another, one season to another, all by the hands of this enemy, death. It is an enemy only because God has made all things with a purpose that is to be sustained, but since we screwed those purposes and perfection over, death has come until perfection, in which case, there will be no need to transform again!

I love to challenge ALL religions (I'm a successful religion buster) but unfortunately they invariably hide or run away when faced with the Truths I (and some others bring) and soon ban me from their Forums, so they can only get opinions and present comments that suit them, as they continue to deceive themselves and others that get trapped in their web of deceit and propaganda.

I'm curious as to what you believe, and not what you don't believe, mind you. Care to elaborate?

I reread this thread and it reminded me of this from RC Sproul... I think I have posted it before...but, maybe not. There are many ways to look at things and sometimes it helps to see "another" way of explanation. Take it for what you want....or not...the thread simply brought it to mind. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> Edited by geisha779

I'm curious as to what you believe, and not what you don't believe, mind you. Care to elaborate?

In brief I beleive ALL religions are man made.

The legitimate evidence that ANY acclaimed Holy Book is the words of a God given to man remains a constant zero.

I DO believe in an Intelligent Designer (God for want of a better word) however it is unworthy of my worship (especially unworthy is the story book trinitarian acclaimed one)

Thanks for asking!

No offense, but it's interesting how - in each of those three statements, what you believe - relies on what you do not believe. Sorry, I'm just looking at the rather obvious there. I'm somewhat disappointed with your answer Composer. I guess I expected something better thought out than what you gave, but that's cool.

In brief I beleive ALL religions are man made.

The legitimate evidence that ANY acclaimed Holy Book is the words of a God given to man remains a constant zero.

I DO believe in an Intelligent Designer (God for want of a better word) however it is unworthy of my worship (especially unworthy is the story book trinitarian acclaimed one)

Thanks for asking!

What is 'my worship'?

What is 'my worship'?

My 100% respect for all the acclaimed story book alleged Godly attributes.

I freely acknowledge the wonders of creation, however I am a mere human being and those things are wondrous to me because I don't have that ability. However they are NOT wondrous to an Intelligent supreme designer, they are just unique innate attributes.

The fundamental problem for " God is a God of Love ' believers, is that the evidence available refutes that hypothesis and this Thread itself also demonstrates that ' when asked ' those who claim their God is a God of Love unambigiously FAIL to legitimately demonstrate that.

As with the recent Haiti disaster and subsequent events, in themselves alone, belies the claims that this ' ID / God ' is a God of Love ' but rather exposes it as a monster unworthy of my worship / total respect.

The trinitarian story book hypocrytical monster of a God is even less worthy of my worship / respect.

God first

thanks Composer

this Thread itself also demonstrates proves nothing so prove it

you have prove nothing

what have prove that you can blow a lot of hot air

you are just a fool sounding off just I am a fool too

anybody can be a fool

I am more fair than you are

you one sided but I see both sides

I am a Atheist and I am a believer

you confess Hate for a God because can see the truth but I confess love by my hate

i have a good side and i have a evil side

God helps my good and the Serpent help my evil side

I understand good by the evil I do or by evil I understand good

with love and a holy kiss Roy