GreaseSpot Cafe

Ode to the Headquarters Waydisciples

OldSkool

Well, we all have probably been told that Headquarters is the spiritual nerve center or some sort of similar rubbish. Buuuut....I have a little news. HQ is known around da ministry by those in the know to be a very dysfunctional place. I think even Rosalie knows that.

A few years ago they used to send a team of Way Disciples to HQ each year. It was always billed a special assignment where they could serve God's Word all day working on Staff and then in the evenings they would help strengthen the buffer zone around headquarters by joining the local fellowships in Sydney or wherever and moving the word. Anyway, the last year they were at HQ it seems that two of them working in the bookstore were treated rather harshly by their department coordinator. So a couple directors go into the bookstore for damage control and reassign the way disciples to way publications and grounds and the bookstore dept. coord. repented and it was all supposed to be ok.

Well Rozie was :realmad: and she let the cabinet have a piece of her mind and said "it would take a real good reason to change her mind about not having way disciples at HQ, because they would not be coming back after this team was finished." Thats to paraphrase.

But I thought HQ was the Jerusalem of our day and time? I thought HQ set the pace for the way of the usa and international? Please say it aint so.....that HQ is really so dysfunctional they can't even host a team of way disciples without treating em badly.... :confused:

As for the 2 way Disciples they could not get away from HQ fast enough and left at the end of the year. Maybe thy are back on staff now...?.....?

I seem to remember the public spin was the way disciples aren't coming back to HQ cause the in-rez way corpse were coming to HQ...but we know that isn't really true.

15damagecontroll.jpg

I suspected that Way Disciples at HQ was a back-door way to get some extra staff on board.

That's exactly what it was. That was the biggest complaint from folks is losing the labor. Of course now the in-residence corpse program is there so the free labor has been abundantly filled.

That's exactly what it was. That was the biggest complaint from folks is losing the labor. Of course now the in-residence corpse program is there so the free labor has been abundantly filled.

Abundantly?! That must be the kool aid talk of how wonderful everything is there with their "abundant" supply of in-rez corpse.. I mean, there's what, 10 of them?! Abundant.. lol..

Yep, I put that there to be a smart azz :anim-smile:

The graduating numbers are lower and lower. I got a chuckle a couple years ago when there were more directors and Gunnison leadership in the graduation photo than corpse.

Just curious ... since the in-res Corps was moved to HQ, are there no Corps at Gunnison now? Who is in charge there now? Seems like the last I remember hearing, Bob and Dottie Moneyhands were ...

Last I knew it was Bob and Dottie and there were no in-residence corps there on a regular basis. I think they do lead out there now so obviously the campus is still somewhat used by the in-residence corpse. Gunnison was being used as a vacation spot for believers. They also were running classes from there as well. Camps. That's what they called some of the events.

LEAD is conducted at a local Ohio state park....A local branch coordinator who used to be at Gunnison is now in charge of the evolution...

Local park? What a mind picture! Newbie corps-wannabe scaling the monkey bars, believing to hang on during a mean session on the swings, etc. :dance:

JT

LEAD is conducted at a local Ohio state park....A local branch coordinator who used to be at Gunnison is now in charge of the evolution...

Yes, they had it a John Bryan State Park in Greene County one year and the finished up with a DUO session is the wooded lot behind founders hall. They were planning to do them at Gunnison as well, I do not think John Bryan was a permanent move, but perhaps it's changed again since I left. And yes, Ed H@rn3y was involved in the session at John Bryan state park.

JT,

They NEVER parted with the $20. You had to give it back when you got back, and when I went (May 1985), it was $10...and you had it and your driver's license so that you could not be arrested for vagrancy.

I remember the way ds to be worn out all the time because of doing both. Our dept coordinator was a real dink. Somehow thinking he had more clout. Trying to make them commit to normal staff commitments when in fact Way d was supposed to be their first assignment. Or so they were told.

This is slight digression but, word on the street was that in recent years the only people going on staff were young and naieve or people who mentally needed help. And now there is the rest of us who need mental help after leaving.