GreaseSpot Cafe

Satellite view of International Headquarters

GarthP2000

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen, the Sydney House was a beautiful estate, lovely wood interior, stairway, floors railings, lovely bedrooms upstairs. It was TWI's historical museaum and fine art, or pieces of note VP collected along the way or that people gave him.

It was also used for weddings, receptions, banquets, special events, various department dinners. It really was lovely - and was taken care of well and got a lot of use. I have some fond memories of weddings and a few other things I went to there.

Gen, the Sydney House was a beautiful estate, lovely wood interior, stairway, floors railings, lovely bedrooms upstairs. It was TWI's historical museaum and fine art, or pieces of note VP collected along the way or that people gave him.

It was also used for weddings, receptions, banquets, special events, various department dinners. It really was lovely - and was taken care of well and got a lot of use. I have some fond memories of weddings and a few other things I went to there.

Thanks Sunesis,

Really, the whole reason for my asking, was - I went through photos of my dad's old paintings in an album and I couldn't find one from that time that matched the description he gave of the place. He seemed to have liked the architecture {later in his life he became an Architect} but he was also a very good ameteur painter (artist?...whatever). Mostly he did houses or old-timey cityscapes He loved places that remind me of Ghost Houses with odd architectural elements to them. As an architect he did a lot of his own art for clients of the buildings he contracted to build for them, before they were built. But he also taught me how to paint, and I thought it might be nice to do that painting he never had a chance to do of the House in Sydney. I'll be in Ireland for most of the summer. I own some stuff there, businesses & buildings. One's a Bed & Breakfast like the Sydney house is nowadays. The B&B I own in Ireland is well run by family and family friends. When I visit there I'll be sure to ask way too many questions about the business, and maybe, armed with top-notch knowledge (lol) I can convince the current owners of the Sydney House to allow me a little freedom to paint that they might otherwise begrudge me of. It will be fun for me if I can do that before I have to go back to grad work at Princeton this fall.