GreaseSpot Cafe

Pssst.....

OldSkool

Things seem to keep coming back to me. I have known several obese followers of the way international who wanted to get into the Way Corpse. They were not allowed. I've heard low whispers from those in the know that Rosie doesn't like obese people to be in the way corps and would do whatever she could to discourage overweight folks from joining the ranks.

Things seem to keep coming back to me. I have known several obese followers of the way international who wanted to get into the Way Corpse. They were not allowed. I've heard low whispers from those in the know that Rosie doesn't like obese people to be in the way corps and would do whatever she could to discourage overweight folks from joining the ranks.

LEAD is conducted at a local Ohio state park....A local branch coordinator who used to be at Gunnison is now in charge of the evolution...

Yes, they had it a John Bryan State Park in Greene County one year and the finished up with a DUO session is the wooded lot behind founders hall. They were planning to do them at Gunnison as well, I do not think John Bryan was a permanent move, but perhaps it's changed again since I left. And yes, Ed H@rn3y was involved in the session at John Bryan state park.

I haven't heard that people haven"t been accepted based on physical appearance. I think that that is bull. If anything it is due to health issues related to a weight problem. Big difference. I went through the training more recently than Old-school and there was people I would call heavy. Oh and the duo is not done behind Founders Hall. Fact

Billy,

so many things happened right under your nose that since this is 2 other posters'

words against yours, & I have to choose the more reliable source,

I know which to choose.

(Besides, even Jesus drew the line at "two witnesses" (Matthew 18:16.)

Edited by WordWolf

You should read those posts again. They clearly say it was there one year. It was a year when the program moved from Gunnison to HQ. It is no longer done this way. That is why there is so so so so so so so much misinformation on here. People hear something, a whisper, and everybody assumes that is how it was and still is.

I'm not saying that obese individuals are always allowed in. I'm saying that there may be more practical reasons that they are not accepted. Like a doctor not signing off on a physical because a person could fall over with a heart attack at any moment. Insurance and liability seem to have more to do with it than people blushing because they are graduating ministers with 40 in waists.

Uh, ya...you're right BillyG - we just all get together and post misinformation about the way international in our spare time :rolleyes: Damn dubul sprrts...you can see em moving .... bunch of lying sprrts.... :smilie_kool_aid: Hopefully, you are so way brained you won't notice I am using my carnegie skills of not being able to win an argument. So I will condescendingly make you right....especially since I seemed to have misplaced the ignore button. :biglaugh:

Which mountains?

I believe they moved lead back out to Gunnison.

I'm not saying that obese individuals are always allowed in. I'm saying that there may be more practical reasons that they are not accepted. Like a doctor not signing off on a physical because a person could fall over with a heart attack at any moment. Insurance and liability seem to have more to do with it than people blushing because they are graduating ministers with 40 in waists.

or

I haven't heard that people haven"t been accepted based on physical appearance. I think that that is bull. If anything it is due to health issues related to a weight problem. Big difference. I went through the training more recently than Old-school and there was people I would call heavy. Oh and the duo is not done behind Founders Hall. Fact

BillyG, let your yes be yes and your no be no. Do yourself a favor and drop the circular double speak. On one hand you say that people aren't discriminated against for being over wieght and on the other you say it happens but would have a doctors note attached. Are you speculating here BillyG? For privacy sake I will leave the details out with the folks I know that this happened to, but you go ahead an live in denial there dude. Here.... :smilie_kool_aid: .....that was a kool aid on the house.

You should read those posts again. They clearly say it was there one year. It was a year when the program moved from Gunnison to HQ. It is no longer done this way. That is why there is so so so so so so so much misinformation on here. People hear something, a whisper, and everybody assumes that is how it was and still is.

So because someone stated accurately that the Lead duo was done behind Founders and didn't specify that it was only that way for one year in a transition period this is why there is so (many times repeated) much misinformation here? Did they train you in how to perform large leaps of logic like this in your in-residence training?

There's an underlying truth here that is worth examining. Rosie along with her large rear are ensuring low amounts of risk in insurance and liability to cover her large rear. So first the fact that she has a large rear AND she is not allowing other people with large rears in the training program is what the Bible calls "hypocrisy". A little humor there :anim-smile: And besides the humor, that is how Jesus taught us to recognize Pharisees. They are hypocrites. They place large burdens upon other people they themselves won't lift a finger to help with.

But secondarily and this actually is serious, BillyG. This pattern is that the Way absolutely does not care about your life and continues to do what's in its own organizational interests only. They will lie, cheat, steal and excuse their actions with reasoning it is "so the ministry be not blamed". Yes, top leaders will lie directly to your face. The politics at the way are worse than any corporation because people there actually believe they are acting for God. It is the worst of human nature, and worse than the world will ever treat you.

As you can read on the placements thread by OS, your life is at the whim of a group of people who themselves have questionable morals. So as long as you're young, fit the corporate image, and do what you're told you're fine. But if you start having ideas and communicating them about how to make the Way better, if you have personal or family needs, if people don't like you and complain, you will be used and cast off like the vast majority of the people who entered the Corps training. What is the attrition rate there? 95%?? Greater?? I used to look on that with pride and ego to think I was part of the few, the proud, the "high quality". But all it really means is a pattern of top TWI leadership not taking care of their best people. I remember RR teaching some BS about her sailing lessons, and trying to sound profound about how you look at the trail behind your boat to see how well you're steering. Well lady, the trail behind your boat is littered with bodies. And it's the same with your cronies.

So go bury your head back in the sand. The information that's here you don't want to hear, even though it is the truth.

• Upvote 1

Ole' BillyG - Comes through, does a little trolling, snipes a post or two, fans the flames - then off again.

Sorry I've been at work and I don't get on that often.

I didn't mean to communicate that the reason people with weight issues aren't accepted isn't because of weight issues. I don't know that and I never said that. I just don't assume the crux is physical appearance. It may be because their bodies may not be healthy enough to walk a mile let alone run one. I don't know. You say that you have friends with that experience and I believe you. All I meant to say was that there are other factors to consider. Insurance, liability...I had to get a physical to play Jr. High baseball for gosh sakes. To me that is more logical. I know a minister who is literally huge. But she is amazing at loving people and she can push push push all day long. She gives and can go all day giving, teaching and loving. Nobody gets on her case about her weight cause they see how she can serve without reservation or hindrance and she is healthy.

Not trying to fan the flames. Just offering another viewpoint. Flames will be flamed by it but that forum claims to be open discussion, but it seems to being leaning to personal attacks now./ But that's ok. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

• Upvote 1

I didn't mean to communicate that the reason people with weight issues aren't accepted isn't because of weight issues. I don't know that and I never said that. I just don't assume the crux is physical appearance. It may be because their bodies may not be healthy enough to walk a mile let alone run one. I don't know. You say that you have friends with that experience and I believe you. All I meant to say was that there are other factors to consider. Insurance, liability...I had to get a physical to play Jr. High baseball for gosh sakes. To me that is more logical. I know a minister who is literally huge. But she is amazing at loving people and she can push push push all day long. She gives and can go all day giving, teaching and loving. Nobody gets on her case about her weight cause they see how she can serve without reservation or hindrance and she is healthy.

Well, of course you're not going to know the exact reasons. Directors will speak of it in private in their little meetings, and deny an application being sure to give a reason that is legally defensible and non-discriminatory. They won't tell you about it.

And you will never know the evil that is in their hearts unless you are exposed to it. And you will never believe that it is there until you are exposed to it. And yet it is still there. The voices that bear witness to that are true and God hears them even if you don't. They will reap what they sow.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I've been at work and I don't get on that often.

Hiya. From reading your point of view you assume a lot and seem take the "high road." That's what I used to call it. Recognizing the truth is not thinking evil. I really believe you mean well but you would probably do better by not allowing circumstances such as this to allow you to make logical reasonings on another's behalf, especially when the other keeps their dealings extremely confidential.

On another note, sounds like you live either in Southern CA or Chicago area. Either way I will guarantee you that at some point their leadership has privately counseled them to drop some pounds.

Not trying to fan the flames. Just offering another viewpoint. Flames will be flamed by it but that forum claims to be open discussion, but it seems to being leaning to personal attacks now./ But that's ok. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

I am glad you took the time to explain a little more. Sometimes intent gets lost in cyberspace. I apologize for giving you the impression that I have attacked you. Not my intent at all. I appreciate your view and as far as I am concerned they are welcome here. People will respond, and you have several posters seemingly trounce on you when you post, so I will assume you are strong enough to handle that. But please do not take that as a personal attack, it's not. My apologies again.

Billy G

The Way does not want people who don't appear to typify the product they are pitching. (Kinda like Avon would prefer not to have a representative who is so homely, you have to tie a pork chop around their neck to get the dog to play with them.) That has been the modus operandi of The Way from day one. Unless, that is, said person is particularly skilled at generating revenue for the corporation. (WOW Ambassador program) It is, after all, a multi level marketing scheme.

Edited by waysider

Thanks for the open ears. Sorry I'm gonna keep the positive "high road" as you called it and assume the best. Nobody can know for sure except them and God what the heart's intention is. I'm not from California or Chicago but those individuals you refer to are the absolute best! They're Way Corps to the core and I love them for it!!!! (Did that just make you throw up in your mouth a little? hahahaha)

And I do agree with you, they probably have been "counselled" to drop a few through the years and I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that but that's my opinion:)

Billy G

The Way does not want people who don't appear to typify the product they are pitching. (Kinda like Avon would prefer not to have a representative who is so homely, you have to tie a pork chop around their neck to get the dog to play with them.) That has been the modus operandi of The Way from day one. Unless, that is, said person is particularly skilled at generating revenue for the corporation. (WOW Ambassador program) It is, after all, a multi level marketing scheme.

What's the product they're pitching? Any examples?

• Upvote 1

The product that's pitched is the way international's interpretation of scriptures. That product is sold in classes, seminars, STS CD/DVDs, way magazines, etc. The way corps are the poster children of this belief system and that burden is shared with the lower caste grads. Witnesses if you will. I find it ironic that the book of Acts has not one record when people went witnessing. The witness were the signs, miracles, and wonders done by the 1st century church. The explanation and teaching followed but was not the witness.

The product they are pitching is "The More Abundant Life" via subscription to their particular brand of theological doctrine.

You can review the rather long list of benefits of said subscription on the back side of the now infamous "green card."

The product has been modified and repackaged but the essence of it remains the same.

Oh. I thought he was referring to a specific "look" as the product we pitch. Anyways...

No records in the book of acts where people went witnessing? Don't really get your point.

Acts 1:8; all the records of Paul's travels and preaching. The meaning of the word commonly translated Marturia means to testify. Speech is implied. You basically tell people what God has done for you. It is where we get the word martyr. Other words for signs (semion) and miracle (teras) also bear witness. I guess I don't get what your point is. Are you trying to say that The Way tells people to go witnessing with no scriptural backing?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the open ears. Sorry I'm gonna keep the positive "high road" as you called it and assume the best. Nobody can know for sure except them and God what the heart's intention is. I'm not from California or Chicago but those individuals you refer to are the absolute best! They're Way Corps to the core and I love them for it!!!!

Well, as you are I once was. But calling an eggplant a banana doesn't change anything. In the end it is what it is no matter what you and I call it.

And I do agree with you, they probably have been "counselled" to drop a few through the years and I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that but that's my opinion:)

Well, you see, there in lies the problem. Sometimes a person being overweight, or heavy, or whatever isn't related to eating junk food and laying on the couch. Sometimes it can be related to other health issues, it can be a side effect of certain medications, it can be glandular. Therein lies the evil. Because in the "counseling" session the person on the receiving end would likely feel coerced to explain personal details regarding their situation. Sometimes, and especially with women, that can be very embarrassing. In the end the way international have no business assuming responsibility for another's body composition, even if it's under the guise of having best interests at heart.

Acts 1:8; all the records of Paul's travels and preaching. The meaning of the word commonly translated Marturia means to testify. Speech is implied. You basically tell people what God has done for you. It is where we get the word martyr. Other words for signs (semion) and miracle (teras) also bear witness. I guess I don't get what your point is. Are you trying to say that The Way tells people to go witnessing with no scriptural backing?

Nope. I am saying that the way international pithes empty promises based on wrong interpretation of scripture. Who have you healed? What miracles have you done? Assuming you are fully instructed you should be able to do these things. My references to the book of acts are to point out that the witness was in the healings, signs, miracles, wonders. The preaching was the explanation.

Well, as you are I once was. But calling an eggplant a banana doesn't change anything. In the end it is what it is no matter what you and I call it.

Well, you see, there in lies the problem. Sometimes a person being overweight, or heavy, or whatever isn't related to eating junk food and laying on the couch. Sometimes it can be related to other health issues, it can be a side effect of certain medications, it can be glandular. Therein lies the evil. Because in the "counseling" session the person on the receiving end would likely feel coerced to explain personal details regarding their situation. Sometimes, and especially with women, that can be very embarrassing. In the end the way international have no business assuming responsibility for another's body composition, even if it's under the guise of having best interests at heart.

Again easy for you to take the negative viewpoint and easy for me to take the positive. I don't know if they got talked to about it or if they didn't and either do you. You know they could have gone for counseling about it for all we know. Thats how I was trained. I don't go barging into people lives. I make my life available to minister and when the door opens I can teach, help, guide.

Nope. I am saying that the way international pithes empty promises based on wrong interpretation of scripture. Who have you healed? What miracles have you done? Assuming you are fully instructed you should be able to do these things. My references to the book of acts are to point out that the witness was in the healings, signs, miracles, wonders. The preaching was the explanation.

Where are your references in the book of acts? I don't see them. Many times teaching preceded healing and miracles or people just got taught and spoken to and believed with no sign or miracle. Maybe this needs to be moved to a doctrinal discussion.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if they got talked to about it or if they didn't and either do you.

That's where you are wrong. I know that one of them was talked to. You are on the outside looking in, trying to excuse what you are being told. I spent many years, some of those years in top leadership assignments. Sorry, I've seen the things I post about first hand. I've experienced far more than I post but being it's a personal as it is I leave most of the details out.

Where are your references in the book of acts? I don't see them. Many times teaching preceded healing and miracles or people just got taught and spoken to and believed with no sign or miracle. Maybe this needs to be moved to a doctrinal discussion.

Perhaps. My point there is no such thing as "witnessing" in the book of acts. No pressure to go out and promote an organization. Acts shows Christ as the head directing the affairs of the Church. Not an organization of men moving in place of the absent Christ.

Top leadership assignments huh. We probably know eachother

Probably so.

Probably worked with each other. HQ? What top leadership graduated under B&olck$l%?

Anyways. I don't know what book of acts you read. I just read in Acts where the disciples prayed to go out and speak with more boldness. I also read where Paul got the right hand of fellowship from the leadership to go speak, i.e. to Witness!!!! love it. Makes me want to go witness right now!!! (if you brush your teeth really good it will get rid of the puke taste.)

Edited by Billy G