GreaseSpot Cafe

Agape

OldSkool

When did the way international bastardize the term agape into a circular definition that clearly does not define the term, but states it's origin, and erroneously states where it is located?

the way international definition:

Agape - the love of and for God in the renewed mind in manifestation.(The Forehead added "in the household" but it was later removed as his memory was erased.)

Yes - it circularly defines love with love and then gives the origin - God. Then it tells where to have it. In the mind, but how do you manifest something in your mind? It's just a garbled mess to me. Plus they say it is a spiritual quality inherent in the gift of holy spirit but it must be "put on" in the renewing of one's mind.

To make matters worse, in reality it's "manifestation" is reserved for 1950s style table etiquette that is religiously drilled into advanced class students / grads / way disciples / in-residence way corps.

Even worse than that is the magical application. You guys remember the oral traditions of how "everything gives off something?" So it became some magical essence that is imparted by running retemories and thinking happy thoughts while handling physical items. I even had a fellowship coordinator tell the fellowship he saw the love of God in a paint job some believers volunteered to do in his place of business. I wonder if he saw green. Anyway.

I think a biblical definition by example is simple, God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Christ displayed the love of God in giving himself. Perhaps I could define it loosely by saying loving others to the end of selflessly giving what others need. What is given is not mentioned only that it's what is needed.

Does anyone have the background on this?

dontcha think?

Why, yes - yes I do.

Probably something he "already gave", sitting there in the treasure house waiting for his kids to walk right in and claim what's rightfully theirs! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if the idea there wasn't ripped off form someone else by Weirwille, re-packaged to meet his needs.

Very likely considering he starts his agape indoctrination as early as page 9 in the "blue book."

If we keep our minds renewed on God’s Word, the

love of God is perfected in our minds, and thus we

give no opportunity to the flesh to hate (dislike) or

slight a brother in Christ.

Strange how many people were wronged by people who supposedly had renewed minds where the love of God is axiomatically "perfected."

Not to completely derail your thread, but the whole renewed mind is a cult tactic. It was used to get us to do things (or not do things) even when everything inside us screamed it was wrong. It was a way to convince us we needed to ignore that still small voice inside of us, no matter how loud it got.

When did Martidale remove the in the household part? That must have happened after I left.

Many of their definitions were twisted beyond comprehension. Again, a cult tactic. What exactly does it mean to love someone in the renewed mind in manifestation? It is a bunch of gobbly gook invented so we would have to rely on THEM to tell us what it meant.

When did Martidale remove the in the household part? That must have happened after I left.

Martindale added "in the household", Rosalie had it removed because the definition needs to trace back to VeePee.

Not to completely derail your thread, but the whole renewed mind is a cult tactic.

Certainly the way it was manipulated against us in the way international.

No derailing. I appreciate the insight. A lot of these threads I post are just my thinking via keyboard. It helps to get it out and learn from others. Even if it's a dead horse, to me it's part of regaining my sanity.

In the early years of the PFAL class, the collaterals were not hardbound into volumes, they were individual tract-like booklets. One of those booklets was called The Synchronized Life. It was later incorporated into "The Blue Book" as chapter 4. This was part of the overall teaching on believing = receiving, confessing positives, etc. That particular translation of Agape appears there in a somewhat paraphrased form.

My point is that, perhaps, an investigation of that particular chapter may unearth the original source.

Martindale added "in the household", Rosalie had it removed because the definition needs to trace back to VeePee.

Thanks. I left back in 2000.

Certainly the way it was manipulated against us in the way international.

Well yes. If I recall the Bible does make reference to the renewed mind. However, it also speaks of things being peaceful and easily entreated.

No derailing. I appreciate the insight. A lot of these threads I post are just my thinking via keyboard. It helps to get it out and learn from others. Even if it's a dead horse, to me it's part of regaining my sanity.

Believe me, that I get. For many years my posts were plastered all over the cafe as I did the same thing.

My point is that, perhaps, an investigation of that particular chapter may unearth the original source.

:thinking: I'll use my handy, dandy pdf files where I can use the adobe reader search feature. :biglaugh:

I did not know they were tracts. I thought VeePee was able to actually sit down and pen a real book. Figures. I am sure the information is there but scrambled a bit from the tracts.

thinking.gif I'll use my handy, dandy pdf files where I can use the adobe reader search feature. biglaugh.gif

I did not know they were tracts. I thought VeePee was able to actually sit down and pen a real book. Figures. I am sure the information is there but scrambled a bit from the tracts.

Oh no,... and the funniest part is - some of them that later got bound into a book By VP started out a written by Peter J. Wade (oh,.... psssst!... and they're nearly identical)

Oh no,... and the funniest part is - some of them that later got bound into a book By VP started out a written by Peter J. Wade (oh,.... psssst!... and they're nearly identical)

And I had never heard of this man.

Years of the mark and avoid practice seems to do it's job well of removing the memory of the workers while preserving their work in the collective.

OldSkook,

I agree with you man. TWI's definition is kind of like Christian Scientist. When in reality it's like Tom Cruise's definition: Nicole, you don't submit yourself enough to Christian Science, therefore my rich @$$ is going to divorce you and marry Katie who I will dance on Oprah to show how much I 'agape' the idea of marrying you because you completely comply with my 'wacko' religion.

-Chockfull

Great point, chockful It's about that crazy.

I searched the term love of God in The Bible Tells me So. It only comes up a couple times where VeePee basically introduces the topic, gives the lamo definition and goes no further. I believe you waysider that the tracts were much different. I think in this you can see the gradated informational structure inherent in the way international.

"Here, buy these books, or better yet get them free when you register for the foundational class. You'll get more as you register for more classes. We'll start explaining ourselves better as you take our classes. Are you a little confused now? No problem, we'll make that much worse as you take our classes, except we will convince you that you know that you know that you know. That way you won't question us."

This is an easier to understand explanation of the love of God:

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind,and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offeringsand sacrifices.

Simple, huh? Explained once to the scribe, and he "got it" straight away.

No need for fancy explanations, literals according to usage, foreign or cult words.

And elsewhere, there is an explanation (Luke 10:29-37) that "neighbour" doesn't just mean those in the household, those of your tribe, cultural background, particular belief system...it means...EVERYONE.

Bless those that persecute you...blessing is a part of agape.

For God so loved The Way, that he gave his only begotten eye------

AND WHAT HAS THE WERD COST YOU!! IT COST ME ONE OF MY EYEBALLS! (now it's harder to see where I left my Drambuie) :biglaugh: