GreaseSpot Cafe

Obama and BP already know how to stop Oil leak!

year2027

God first

Obama and BP already know how to stop Oil leak!

06-17-2010

I this note to show Obama and BP already know how to stop Oil leak it has changed but sealing the leak they not get the oil. Obama and BP already know much how money we can get the cap on must money we can get.

Obama will claim he stop the leak and everyone will praise him for saving the day but this is womb that Anti Christ recover from. We can stop leak by blowing it in on itself the Atheist Board has gave me the answer.

By showing me the well and bit that five miles down but it takes expect on blowing things up and BP would lost all hard work they in saving the well. Blowing it up some where between the surface and the oil well would be my guess.

On land this been done many times but to totally destroy the Well but to save it but at this point money does not matter. One must think it as a cave that needs to cave in the falling dirt and rock will seal the hole.

Thus said me a fool that everyone thinks has no wisdom but wait and see when the Ocean is destroy. Thank you with love and a holy kiss Roy.

I am pretty sure that they know it can be done that way as it has been done before. Even though the ocean IS being destroyed I really dont know if blowing off a nuclear weapon wouldn't be even worse.

It's hard for a layman like me to know all of the implications of what exactly that would do to the Gulf and the ecosystem.

Hopefully (because I have nothing else at this point)some genius somewhere has weighed all the variables of that possibility honestly without politics or corporations being involved and determined that its too destructive to implement. I Hope thats the case anyway.

If it comes out at some point in the future that exploding the well could've been done safely and wasn't, the backlash for the administration could be near as bad as the disaster

• Upvote 1

God first

thanks mstar1

who said it take anything as big as nuclear bomb

the hole is not that big

but I am like you I just wait and hope

watch the movie where they blow up a dam

a WW2 movie but i can not remember the name right now

it takes a few minutes but then the crakes happen and then the dam

I will end now my friend

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I am pretty sure that they know it can be done that way as it has been done before. Even though the ocean IS being destroyed I really dont know if blowing off a nuclear weapon wouldn't be even worse.

It's hard for a layman like me to know all of the implications of what exactly that would do to the Gulf and the ecosystem.

Hopefully (because I have nothing else at this point)some genius somewhere has weighed all the variables of that possibility honestly without politics or corporations being involved and determined that its too destructive to implement. I Hope thats the case anyway.

If it comes out at some point in the future that exploding the well could've been done safely and wasn't, the backlash for the administration could be near as bad as the disaster

Well the riser is still connected at site. when the Rig sank, it folded over, So you have aboout 5,000 feet of pipe pretzeled onto the ocean floor, So you can't just dump-rocks-down-the-hole. It has been suggested by some that detonating a nuclear device if small size (less than 5 kilotonnes) would serve to seal the leak. As a physicist, I find the idea amusing. I sure as hell wouldn't try it. The floor iof the gulf there is mostly silt and salt deposits and it is very brittle. A huge shock, such as detonating a nuclear weapon, could just crack the substrate and open up an even larger leak.

A one kilotonne device would make a steam bubble of just under a mile in diameter, Along it's edges it could fuse rock. But the shock wave of the explosion can also shatterthe seafloor which is mostly salt deposits at the drill site. You would kill all sea-life within about a 5 mile circle. But water is a good thermal neutron attinuator and radiation wouldn't actually be much of a problem.

It would be like killing a Rat with a 250mm Cannon,... overkill and more destructive than the attempt is worth.

• Upvote 1

BP discovered during the attempted topkill procedure that the well bore was broken beneath the subsurface and that the mud being shot into the well was making it out of the sides of the casing and leaking into the rock surrounding the well. The well casing may have been destroyed when the oil rig exploded. It is believed that there is oil and gas leaking from the seabed surrounding the BP Macondo well in the Mississippi Canyon sector of the Gulf and from the seafloor up to 7 miles away because of the explosion.

Another oil rig, drilling a relief well meant to intersect BP's gushing flow of oil into the Gulf of Mexico is ahead of schedule and could reach its target as early as this time next month

Pressure from the Macondo well, from what I can see is about 2500 PSI as it rises up to where we see it leaking, it is coming through that pipe you see on TV or the internet but it's also coming up around the outside of the pipe through the seafloor. The seafloor is mostly stratified silt-mud deposited by the outflow of the Mississippi River, or salt deposits, and it can fracture easily.

God first

thanks Gen-2 and Waysider

so what you telling me nothing saying is we have one choice making a big rock place it over the hole somehow

but it have have surface like the ocean floor does in that area

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I have personally seen casing-less water wells drilled into solid limestone bedrock. You would think that situation would be ideal. But, because of the billions of minute fractures/fissures in the bedrock, some solutions, such as those containing MTBE, will pass in and out of the well like water through a screen door. The only way to fix it is to drop a solid casing in and grout (seal) it or abandon the well (fill with an impervious substance, such as bentonite) and start all over.

Edited by waysider

Yeah, I hear ya. The current thinking is using this rig to run a slant drill and intersect thie abandoned leaking well, under the surface a good ways and then pour mud/cement down the new shaft, sealing both off

Yeah, I hear ya. The current thinking is using this rig to run a slant drill and intersect thie abandoned leaking well, under the surface a good ways and then pour mud/cement down the new shaft, sealing both off

But it remains to be seen if they will use that slant drill as a means to abandon the shaft or use it as an access.

hmmm that is what we want...radioactive ocean currents. It would make night fishing easier, the creatures might glow in the dark. ;)

In the movie with John Wayne...was it "Hellfighter's"? They set an explosive device shore 'nuf. But it was to blow out the FIRE so that the well could be capped wasn't it? The explosion did not close the well (as was seen when they all got black with the stuff.

I knew a guy you thought he could fix his sewer clog with an M80....that wasn't a very good idea either.

I liked Michiu Kaku's (theoretical Physicist from SUNY)take on this. Last week he was asked about it and he said not a good idea unless you want radioactive tarballs in your swimming pool.

And on the lighter side<br>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpuCrZEvSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpuCrZEvSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpuCrZEvSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by bulwinkl
  • Upvote 1

An oil reservoir exists underneath the ocean floor. It feels some bit of pressure from the weight of earth on top of it, plus the weight of the ocean.

A crack or fissure gets opened, a faultline if you will, which allows the oil to begin escaping on it's own. If there are any other shifts in faults in the region this faultline will likely open further.

How do you close and seal a faultline anywhere?

How do you seal it a mile down?

I think your best option may be to drop barge-loads of gravel alternating with sand in the area, and hope that while most of it will be carried away by the current, that a portion settles straight down and fills the fault. Eventually once you have built up a small mountain of fill on top of the fault the flow of oil should be lessened.

I would be concerned that any large explosion will open new faults in the region.

It astounds me that anyone truely believes BP doesn't want this fixed YESTERDAY.

Bp wants it fixed more than anyone on the planet right now.

This is a "gusher" of monumental proportions. Normal oil wells don't do this. That's why we have PUMPS.

Even 100 years ago a "gusher" only lasted a short time. 60 days? Unheard of!

The talking heads on TV only make it worse, 30 second sound bites of bad facts misconstrued with the spin of the moment.

I'm loving solutions from the peanut gallery. Everyone thinks it's simple. If it was it would be stopped already.

I asked a guy I know in the biz about exploding det cord down in the well pipe. He said the explosive back pressure could blow holes up all over the gulf... then what? We all think we're experts, we all think BP is evil, we all think they're all about the money.

Did they make mistakes? duh!

Did they cut corners? Looks like it, not sure yet.

Are they gonna fix it? Sooner or later.

Will it cost them? OH YEAH....

Now here's my question for all the BP haters... IF YOU KILL BP... Where will the $ come from to fix everything?

• Upvote 1