GreaseSpot Cafe

Coming Up On 9 Years...

Oakspear

In August of 2001 I had been a poster on Waydale and Grease Spot for about a year and a half. I progressed from being a bit of a TWI apologist to being committed to telling "the other side of the story". I stayed in due to being married to someone who did not want to leave, who saw TWI as the center of God's will. I stayed undercover, endeavoring, like so many before and after me, to change things from within. I was vocal about what I saw as "inaccuracies", especially in Martindale's WayAP class. At fellowships I taught subjects covered in WayAP (and even PFAL) differently that what the company line was (and no one noticed)

At some point the WayGB made the connection between what I was saying publicly and what I was posting on Grease Spot. I was summoned before Tom & Dorothy H, the region coordinators, as well as the local fellowship coordinator and "confronted. Within a week I received a phone call from TH, informing me that I was "no longer welcome at Way functions" because I "did not believe that the Trustees were leading the ministry in the right direction".

That was almost nine years ago. It seems incredible in retrospect that I was a part of that organization for so long.

My troubles, unfortunately were just beginning. My wife at the time threw me out 2 months later and managed to turn most of my children against me. My finances were a mess and I lived in a crappy apartment that I dubbed "the Hovel".

Little by little I rebuilt my life, remarried, reconnected with my children and now live more of an "abundant life" than I ever did while involved in TWI.

At some point the WayGB made the connection between what I was saying publicly and what I was posting on Grease Spot. I was summoned before Tom & Dorothy H, the region coordinators, as well as the local fellowship coordinator and "confronted. Within a week I received a phone call from TH, informing me that I was "no longer welcome at Way functions" because I "did not believe that the Trustees were leading the ministry in the right direction".

Wow, I had no idea they did that. What a life-changing moment that was. You're better off for it. You know you're in a cult when you decide to stop going to church and no one will associate with you anymore--not even family. What a terrible thing that was. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but on the bright side, look how much better off you are now, since you left the cult behind. Hooray for you! You know it chaps their arse when people leave and really end up doing better than when they were in.

In August of 2001 I had been a poster on Waydale and Grease Spot for about a year and a half. I progressed from being a bit of a TWI apologist to being committed to telling "the other side of the story". I stayed in due to being married to someone who did not want to leave, who saw TWI as the center of God's will. I stayed undercover, endeavoring, like so many before and after me, to change things from within. I was vocal about what I saw as "inaccuracies", especially in Martindale's WayAP class. At fellowships I taught subjects covered in WayAP (and even PFAL) differently that what the company line was (and no one noticed)

That was almost nine years ago. It seems incredible in retrospect that I was a part of that organization for so long.

My troubles, unfortunately were just beginning. My wife at the time threw me out 2 months later and managed to turn most of my children against me. My finances were a mess and I lived in a crappy apartment that I dubbed "the Hovel".

Little by little I rebuilt my life, remarried, reconnected with my children and now live more of an "abundant life" than I ever did while involved in TWI.

Congratulations. It's interesting that in approx the same amount of time-you were able to successfully rebuild your life and yet the one who yelled so much has not.