GreaseSpot Cafe

The twisted desire for our demise.

OldSkool

I think the name GreaseSpot Cafe says it all. The point being that if we left the way international bad, horrible, evil, things would be perpetrated against us by the adversary. :evildenk:

Is this the love of God? Is this the goodness of God?

I would like to dedicate a thread to the freedom and prosperity many of us have found post-way international.

My wife and I run a succesful, work at home business (not MLM based) that keeps expenses low and income at a comfortable level. Strange how much more I have since I am not giving a cult 15% :eusa_clap:

I am free to raise my child w/o feeling the need to gain the approval of some leadership idiot who is always sizing us up.

I own my own home, free and clear and have renovated it to me and the Mrs. likings.

I have developed new friendships with different religious beliefs that mine. One of my closest is ...gasp...a Jehovah's Witness. (he knows to leave it alone with me and we get along great)

I have rekindled old friendships with people I grew up with and become very close with my "earthly" family. (God I hate that name)

I have rekindled my music career, something I thought was lost long ago.

I have been delivered from the bondage of trying to convince myself that "there is nothing else out there!" (Life in all of it's fullness is "out there." Don't let anyone lie to you!)

My wife and I are free to dream our future and make plans accordingly.

To choose where we live and be good taxpaying citizens who contribute to our community.

I could go on and will likely add things later.

But one thing I have come to realize. My worst days outside of the way international have been better than my best days inside that controlling, abusive, cult!

Oh, one more thing. I am beginning to get to the place that I want to get things sorted out with God and Christ. To start pursuing a relationship with them. Sorry TWI, you have not cornered the market like you think you have and you are not the gatekeepers to the true living way, Jesus Christ.

And on that note I have learned to respect other's God given right to believe as the damn well choose and I feel no pressure to try and convince them that my little cornfield cult is the true religion. Blah!

Given that I'm only one generation from poor white trash, I have to say that my life has been very, very good. Everything that I need, I have. Plus a few things I don't need. Like an airplane.

As to the non-tangible things, I raised a quality child, I've provided good jobs with full health benefits for my employees, and I've given the world some useful inventions and products.

My hardest task is finding new goals. I've done all the ones I set for myself 30 years ago.

As to TWI's influence, I have to quote Margaret Mead... "One way to get insight is to have a religious conversion and get over it."

• Upvote 1

But one thing I have come to realize. My worst days outside of the way international have been better than my best days inside that controlling, abusive, cult!

Oh, one more thing. I am beginning to get to the place that I want to get things sorted out with God and Christ. To start pursuing a relationship with them. Sorry TWI, you have not cornered the market like you think you have and you are not the gatekeepers to the true living way, Jesus Christ.

And on that note I have learned to respect other's God given right to believe as the damn well choose and I feel no pressure to try and convince them that my little cornfield cult is the true religion. Blah!

Hence, my signature. ;)

Life is SOOooooo good!

I have plenty of money. A sweet little home, a great job doing what I love with people I love more, great friends and a healthy, loving relationship with my fambly. On top of that, thanks to GSpot, I have lifelong friends I truly love. I could not even begin to list the wonderful "abundant" life blessings I have since leaving TWI and that I'm ....ed I shoulda/woulda had if, perhaps, I had never gotten involved with and sucked into the world of TWI, except for the wonderful folks I've gotten to know here because of it.

Elaine Pagels book "The Origin of Satan" was an eye opening healing balm to my soul when I first left. Thanks, GT! :)

Life is so much better outside TWI. I'd rather be a greasespot any day. I make more money the King Oakie has since he lost his throne. And I have true, meaningful relationships, the world's best husband ever, and my family loves me no matter how crappy I treated them while I was in TWI. That is REAL unconditional love. Thank God for them!

Meeting Belle in person was a highliight too! Hey girl! :beer:

Even really bad times--the death of a loved one, or health/financial issues--are made better simply bcause your are not in TWI and don't have to listen to their hard hearted blame-the-victim junk. False leaders who don't care about you, false friends who would throw you to the wolves....what kind of life is that?

While proclaiming how ugly and dark the non TWI world is, they became even darker than that world they so despise.

• Upvote 1

While proclaiming how ugly and dark the non TWI world is, they became even darker than that world they so despise.

That's a great point. They base so much of their supposed superiority on false negative comparisons between them and ....insert worldly group here....!

What makes life good is - get this - freedom from fear!

Freedom from fear of not being good enough, from condemnation because that last job cutting blades of grass/washing dishes/cleaning the toilets wasn't good enough.

Freedom from fear of being late (because you were only 9 minutes early and not the minimum 10 mins early).

Freedom from fear of being kicked out for some imagined infraction of some unspoken rule.

Freedom from fear of being spiritually defective in some way - from being possessed because you thought something unpleasant about one of the BoT, or wondered why exactly it was that you were doing something crazy.

Freedom from fear of fear - because it's so ungodly.

Freedom to consider fear-inspring events and take realistic action instead of "believing" for God to magic them away.

And freedom to love...God, people, family, kids, pets, and even ourselves!

Guest Balanced

"What makes life good is - get this - freedom from fear!" Twinky

Twinky, you are so right. I've felt so much freedom from fear.

The greatness of my life outside...so much to mention.

Freedom from Fear includes no longer looking at other people thinking they are of the devil and bad people.

Cheerfully give of whatever amount of money I want to whoever I want. I can give to who or where there's a real need.

I have got back in touch with old friends who I lost from my involvement.

Have new friends that are not involved that like me for me and not what church I go to.

Further my education.

Make more time to take care of my family. Not having to be at a class 5 nights a week or fellowship 2 times a week. Children of different ages have different needs which includes more sleep.

Feel like I have a balance (my name) of life now. I've always believed that all things should be done in moderation. I don't go to any extremes, I like being in the middle with a good handle on things especially on life.

One of the biggest things is the feeling that I don't have to move if I don't want to. I have moved way too much during my time of involvement and I'm tired of moving. We love our home and we are staying. We'd like to live someplace for more than 2 years.

OldSkool-great topic. Our demise isn't what "they" thought it would be. There's no demise here, just freedom, freedom to choose for myself.

Balanced

Just in case there are those who doubt the way international would teach that awful things happen to those that leave the way international. Don't try and say that time has erased this statement. This is what they still believe. No one has ever taught differently. Pssst....hey Donna....betcha ya wish you'd never said this?....or maybe that it wasn't available for public download. Perhaps this is "advanced teaching?"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,29/task,doc_download/gid,29/

It was almost as if some people were gleeful when bad things happened to believers just so they could give that "knowing look" and say "aha! I told you so!"

Uh...what about not rejoicing in iniquity? But then again, for years the same attitude was held against other Christians not with the wy so I guess the leap was easy for them to make.

Really, how completely ungodly and insane for leaders to promote Christians being against Christians. We should be happy for each other, not gunning for each other.

In my opinion.

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 PM

It was almost as if some people were gleeful when bad things happened to believers just so they could give that "knowing look" and say "aha! I told you so!"

Uh...what about not rejoicing in iniquity? But then again, for years the same attitude was held against other Christians not with the wy so I guess the leap was easy for them to make.

Really, how completely ungodly and insane for leaders to promote Christians being against Christians. We should be happy for each other, not gunning for each other.

Well said 100% Free. Well said.

Edited by Human without the bean

You hit the nail on the head with this topic!

It is sick and twisted that when someone leaves the corporation of the way members that are still in are hoping bad stuff happens.

Yes that's right MEMBERS,I don't buy the freely avail bs.When I was in I honestly never really felt freedom.

So does it still p!$$ you innies off that God still loves us and prospers us after we leave the way?

I was thinking the other day that the board of dictators probably actually believe that they,not God are in charge,and therefore they tell God who to bless and prosper.