GreaseSpot Cafe

How are those green card benefits working out for you?

skyrider

Around 1985 or thereabouts, someone guess-timated that 100,000 students had sat through wierwille's pfal class. And, now.....25 years later, I wonder "How are those green card benefits working out for you?

Bold claim.......Separates truth from error

Bold claim.......How to pray effectually

Bold claim.......Keys to unlock scriptural truths

Bold claim.......The more abundant life that God promised

Bold claim.......More harmony in the home

There were more 'benefits'.....but I digress. :anim-smile:

Like many, I at one time considered plaf (the wonder class) as THE foundational class to best help guide anyone searching for truth. The focus on the manifestations of holy spirit provided a whole new avenue in my journey to walk in God's power. And yet.....

These past 15 years, (since 1995) I have been stepping back and asking myself other questions outside the twi pail. Other books, other viewpoints, other websites......and now, the pfal class seems like a fragmented version of private interpretation and MLM marketing gimmicks.

When wierwille traveled around visiting WOWs......didn't he see those wow familes who were living on a rag-tag existence? Didn't he see the broken, rusted, leaking vehicles returning to rock of ages after a year of wow service? Did anyone see the mog turn five loaves of bread and two fish into an abundant feast that fed thousands?

Just when you needed the power the most, was it there? Did unknown sources bring food to your door after your heart-felt prayer to God....like George Mueller's orphanage?

Does twi stand as a testament to stedfast support for elderly staff like the Catholic Church? Or does twi discard these long-standing staffers after their productive years are drawing to a close? Does 'the law of believing' triumph over the law of love?

And, what about the 'more harmony in the home' benefit on the green card? Personally, I know dozens and dozens of corps who have divorced since 1985. In fact, many have given detailed accounts of twi's divisive nature on marriage....when one spouse is having doubts about their twi-involvement. More commitment to twi, maybe....but NOT 'more harmony.' My arse.

If 100,000 former pfal students were polled today, what would they say............NOW?

:o

At the time, that class opened a lot of learning for me, the leader of the wow family that hung in their with me, that lady was in the 10 or 11th corp, she went out of her way to lead me into speaking in tongues, but something strange started to happen after 84 or 85, seems like Martindale wanted more out of people? Today though, I would not tell people about that class, the way will try to mold that heart, but where is room for Yahweh to give the increase?

• 7 years later...
On 7/26/2010 at 3:54 PM, skyrider said:

Around 1985 or thereabouts, someone guess-timated that 100,000 students had sat through wierwille's pfal class. And, now.....25 years later, I wonder "How are those green card benefits working out for you?

Bold claim.......Separates truth from error

Bold claim.......How to pray effectually

Bold claim.......Keys to unlock scriptural truths

Bold claim.......The more abundant life that God promised

Bold claim.......More harmony in the home

There were more 'benefits'.....but I digress. :anim-smile:

Like many, I at one time considered plaf (the wonder class) as THE foundational class to best help guide anyone searching for truth. The focus on the manifestations of holy spirit provided a whole new avenue in my journey to walk in God's power. And yet.....

These past 15 years, (since 1995) I have been stepping back and asking myself other questions outside the twi pail. Other books, other viewpoints, other websites......and now, the pfal class seems like a fragmented version of private interpretation and MLM marketing gimmicks.

When wierwille traveled around visiting WOWs......didn't he see those wow familes who were living on a rag-tag existence? Didn't he see the broken, rusted, leaking vehicles returning to rock of ages after a year of wow service? Did anyone see the mog turn five loaves of bread and two fish into an abundant feast that fed thousands?

Just when you needed the power the most, was it there? Did unknown sources bring food to your door after your heart-felt prayer to God....like George Mueller's orphanage?

Does twi stand as a testament to stedfast support for elderly staff like the Catholic Church? Or does twi discard these long-standing staffers after their productive years are drawing to a close? Does 'the law of believing' triumph over the law of love?

And, what about the 'more harmony in the home' benefit on the green card? Personally, I know dozens and dozens of corps who have divorced since 1985. In fact, many have given detailed accounts of twi's divisive nature on marriage....when one spouse is having doubts about their twi-involvement. More commitment to twi, maybe....but NOT 'more harmony.' My arse.

If 100,000 former pfal students were polled today, what would they say............NOW?

:o

Sky, I would say, this class was a waste of time, and money.

oddly enough, they worked out a lot better since I left TWI...for example:

separate truth from error - - Grease Spot has helped a lot !

more harmony in the home - - family gets along great - - don't have to argue over what to do on Twig night...since we don't have Twig anymore

increases prosperity - - oh yeah, since all my money doesn't go to support a cult anymore

overcomes worry and fear - - still working on that one...I worry I will run out of sarcastic ways to poke fun at a cult I use to fearfully serve !

Edited by T-Bone
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

oddly enough, they worked out a lot better since I left TWI...for example:

separate truth from error - - Grease Spot has helped a lot !

more harmony in the home - - family gets along great - - don't have to argue over what to do on Twig night...since we don't have Twig anymore

increases prosperity - - oh yeah, since all my money doesn't go to support a cult anymore

overcomes worry and fear - - still working on that one...I worry I will run out of sarcastic ways to poke fun at a cult I use to fearfully serve !

T-Bone; :biglaugh::eusa_clap::dance: