GreaseSpot Cafe

We Will Change?

teachmevp

Isn't that the way Martindale did it?

Martindale was about laws of believing, chasing devils spirits, controlling

people to justify his way of life, it takes a lot of thought to be a me me,

its about me attitude; no wonder Martindale flopped as a dancer?

• Upvote 1

I think this claim appealed to people's sense of honesty. Most of us like to think we'd change if we found out we were wrong about something. TWI transferred that sense of honesty to doing what they called Biblical research.

Did anyone stop to think there could be ALARMING side effects to changing what you once claimed to be "the truth" and nothing but the "accuracy of the Bible"?

Consider this: many people who based serious decisions for their lives on that "accuracy of the Bible" VP claimed to teach in PFAL, could not undo their decisions (like dropping out of college to go into the Way Corps) as easily as TWI might undo what they'd previously taught.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who alienated family members over what I claimed was "the truth" I learned in PFAL. How does a person gain back those lost years of familial relationships after TWI decides one of their original doctrines they once claimed was "the truth" is wrong?

You simply don`t you can`t.

Some things done in the name of God and commttment to his word can never ever be fixed :(

Edited by rascal

You simply don`t you can`t.

Some things done in the name of God and commttment to his word can never ever be fixed :(

One of the most liberating things I realized after leaving the TWI mentality was that repentance works! I can't go back to change the awful things I did and taught in TWI, but I can repent (change what I'm doing now) and receive God's forgiveness. Wierwille didn't teach repentence as a condition for forgiveness. He taught that "sin-consciousness" was the problem, not sin itself. By ignoring your sin-consciousness you could automatically receive forgiveness, while CONTINUING in the sin. What a putrid perversion of grace!

Love,

Steve

One of the most liberating things I realized after leaving the TWI mentality was that repentance works! I can't go back to change the awful things I did and taught in TWI, but I can repent (change what I'm doing now) and receive God's forgiveness. Wierwille didn't teach repentence as a condition for forgiveness. He taught that "sin-consciousness" was the problem, not sin itself. By ignoring your sin-consciousness you could automatically receive forgiveness, while CONTINUING in the sin. What a putrid perversion of grace!

Love,

Steve

While that may be true, the fact remains we can not retrieve what we lost. We can make amends with people, but time spent is time gone.

While that may be true, the fact remains we can not retrieve what we lost. We can make amends with people, but time spent is time gone.

Too true, penworks, too true!

A number of organizations lead their people into making thoughtless promises, and then teaching them that there is NO WAY OUT, once you've promised. It was in the context of such promises that the Lord taught me the value of repenting of my foolishness.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

ALARMING side effects, I face that day in and day out because of my research.

I have been alienated from a lot of people because of research...

Researching gets one a bad reputation, like with me...

Is it really the research that alienates you? And who would it alienate you from? If "they" honestly love you, then it would only be yourself who is causing the alienation, IMHO.

One of the most liberating things I realized after leaving the TWI mentality was that repentance works! I can't go back to change the awful things I did and taught in TWI, but I can repent (change what I'm doing now) and receive God's forgiveness.

And isn't that the most loving thing to do anyways! To actually be honest about your mistakes, especially if you are leading others in those same damn mistakes. How is TWI considered more loving today if they don't admit their freakin mistakes! They don't! Love can't begin to shine from that place until they turn from their evil and at least try and help those they've hurt. I'm not holding my breath! They definitely have chosen to ignore the ALARMING side effects by not changing!

Is it really the research that alienates you?

I was wondering, what does IMHO mean?

I learned of some words, that the meaning of those words were deliberately changed,

I changed them back to what they used to mean, that is what gets me into alarming

side effects. TrustAndObey, I remember one day you pointed out something to me, I

made the corrections, thanks for your pointing things out for me, too cool, thanks buddy.

I was wondering, what does IMHO mean?

I learned of some words, that the meaning of those words were deliberately changed,

I changed them back to what they used to mean, that is what gets me into alarming

side effects. TrustAndObey, I remember one day you pointed out something to me, I

made the corrections, thanks for your pointing things out for me, too cool, thanks buddy.

"IMHO" is texting short-hand for "in my humble opinion".

I may not agree with some of the things you think, but then again, you may not agree with some of the things I think. I don't feel alienated because you speak your mind.

Love,

Steve