GreaseSpot Cafe

We Will Change?

teachmevp

"Uncle Harry" (he wasn't MY uncle!) looked around and spotted some floral arrangements in cornucopias. (Or would that be cornucopii?)

Anyhow, he took the flowers out and used the horns in lieu of the collection plates.

And that's how it got started, according to VP Wierwille.

I hadn't heard that story before, waysider. I thought those horns were related to harvest and we were supposed to be harvesting from our sowing (but then wouldn't we have been taking from them?) - must look it up. I'm fairly sure the plural should be "cornua copiae," cornua being the plural of cornu, copiae being the genitive, for "horns of plenty," at least in the two-word standard Latin. According to the one-word usage, I don't know.

Hope this doesn't come across as being too pedantic, because I know I can be that, eg, wondering why people who say they are Greek scholars use criteria/phenomena as singular nouns. Normal people who don't make those claims might never have had a reason to look the words up. Sounding more grumbly than I really am, I think. Proper use of criteria should not be a criterion for judging true love and sincerity, I tell myself! I know that to be true, as well as "who am I that i should judge."

Someone with a Way history being pedantic?

Who'da thunk?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Ha, ha, very quick. Though honestly, I never thought of that part of my life as having had anything to do with my being picky about English. I might spend more time thinking about this, or I might not. :)

cara, that is cool stuff about those nouns and stuff like that, that is way over my head;

I found a life that is a noun, because that life is a thing "off topic" would that be possible,

just wondering, thanks.

Edited by teachmevp

:P :P

Well, of course it does.

"Change one little comma and the whole Bible would fall to pieces."

What? I mean, pardon? I thought there were no commas.

What I meant above is that that part of my life didn't add to my understanding of English grammar or spelling, as far as I know. I've remembered something, though - in my early teens I wanted to become more familiar with the King James version, because I used to read books (eg Billy Bunter) that would use phrases from it in a humorous or a poetic way, and I wanted to be able to toss out quotes like that.

Teach me, I haven't read all your posts about "life" yet, and I'm not sure what you mean about it being off-topic - sorry, there's so much to read here. Life is definitely a noun though, and "to live" is a verb - hope you're enjoying it all :P These little faces are funny so I might overdo them.

Edited by cara

So if VeePees dad bought him the finest schooling money could buy, did

VeePees dad buy Harry the finest furniture store money could buy, I was

wondering if the brothers got the best money could buy?

Edited by teachmevp

"What? I mean, pardon? I thought there were no commas."

There weren't, but, in PFAL, Wierwille inserted commas to demonstrate private interpretation while, at the same time, promoting his own.

(We ceased, saying, "the will of the Lord be done." vs. We ceased saying "the will of the Lord be done.")

---------------------------

-------------------------------------

So if VeePees dad bought him the finest schooling money could buy, did

VeePees dad buy Harry the finest furniture store money could buy, I was

wondering if the brothers got the best money could buy?

I guess Reuben must have gotten the finest hog farm money could buy.

Edited by waysider

One of the things about the way, is how they used that one liner,

We are a research ministry, if we are wrong, we will change?

I think this claim appealed to people's sense of honesty. Most of us like to think we'd change if we found out we were wrong about something. TWI transferred that sense of honesty to doing what they called Biblical research.

Did anyone stop to think there could be ALARMING side effects to changing what you once claimed to be "the truth" and nothing but the "accuracy of the Bible"?

Consider this: many people who based serious decisions for their lives on that "accuracy of the Bible" VP claimed to teach in PFAL, could not undo their decisions (like dropping out of college to go into the Way Corps) as easily as TWI might undo what they'd previously taught.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who alienated family members over what I claimed was "the truth" I learned in PFAL. How does a person gain back those lost years of familial relationships after TWI decides one of their original doctrines they once claimed was "the truth" is wrong?

Edited by penworks

ALARMING side effects, I face that day in and day out because of my research.

I have been alienated from a lot of people because of research, it is funny in a

way how you said that, alarming side effects. I never considered side effects,

those side effects of my research do get me down. I tried to honesty research,

but the side effect of that is making people mad; sometimes I wonder if researching

is worth the side effect, that side effect hurts sometimes?

Researching gets one a bad reputation, like with me, I got a -5 reputation in the cafe,

the way did that to me too; I didn't have this class or that class, that got me a -reputation for

lack of a class, crazy side effect? People might get a bad reputation, reasoning the word with

a person with a bad reputation, crazy side effect one faces right out of the gate, who is the

reputation person or should their be one?

It seems sometimes, if one calls it a sport, someone calls it a game; and if one calls it a game,

someone calls it a sport, crazy side effect either way on that one?

It seems sometimes like that Cheech and Chong play, when Jesus tried to cross into the US from

Mexico, the side effects of researching?

Edited by teachmevp
  • Upvote 1

Researching gets one a bad reputation, like with me, I got a -5 reputation in the cafe,

the way did that to me too; I didn't have this class or that class, that got me a -reputation for

lack of a class, crazy side effect? People might get a bad reputation, reasoning the word with

a person with a bad reputation, crazy side effect one faces right out of the gate, who is the

reputation person or should their be one?

It seems sometimes, if one calls it a sport, someone calls it a game; and if one calls it a game,

someone calls it a sport, crazy side effect either way on that one?

It seems sometimes like that Cheech and Chong play, when Jesus tried to cross into the US from

Mexico, the side effects of researching?

Teach me, I'm butting back in here and being off-topic - I still haven't read your heart posts - but I forgot to say before that I think you're way above my head on those nouns and verbs, because you can turn them into poetry, and the lines below your posts, the last in line and the butterfly, what are those? They're very touching.

A more mathmatical question, what's the -5 in the cafe?

let's see if this works..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfQw5sQe1s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfQw5sQe1s?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfQw5sQe1s?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:)

"dagnabbit"..

:biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfQw5sQe1s&feature=related

Edited by Ham

I'm back to say that I meant "life" threads. I haven't ventured much into the Doctrine threads, but those that have come up in word searches have left me completely chastened for picking on singular/plural spellings above when all you people can write so well about the important things that I can barely approach thinking about. I do get asked at times to read material for people on subjects that I know more about, to find spelling mistakes etc, and I know very well that it's a lot easier to see other peoples' motes than your own beams. Very sorry if I offended anyone.

The above was to teachme.

Ham, I like some Yes songs very much. Their song "wondrous stories" brings me back to the time when I was taking "the class" and I was young and so much was exciting and Yes was on the radio at home and "Bright and Morning Star" (title?) was played in the class room.

You have no idea how much you have help with that noun and verb of life, thanks so much;

I think that a adverb colors the verb or something like that? That -5 is about a bad reputation,

the thought was, could doing research have a alarming side effect of geting one a bad reputation,

it was just a thought to the thought of alarming side effects. The butterfly kisses, I heard in a song,

it is a prayer for a great kid, my thought was, maybe a mother might see their kid playing in the yard,

and seeing a butterfly flying around her kid, the mother might remember their was a prayer for Jacob.

Last in line is from a song, I forgot the dudes name, but he die not to long ago, Dio or something like that.

Thanks Ham for that Yes, Yes is one hard band to play the Jaws Harp too; my boss is going to help me record

somehow, I'll try to get a Yes song in their for ya.

Edited by teachmevp
  • Upvote 1

Those Jaws Harp can jack you up quick, I get my lips caught every now

and then, crazy what I put myself through to play a Jaws Harp, but I got

this sound. That does hurt, hitting your tooth with one of them Jaws Harps,

I play a five dollor auto jaws harp, I only get 15 to 20 songs out of one, before

I get a stress crack and got to throw it away. When I first started, I would play

the 8 track tapes I had of Blackfoot, Mountain, Montrose, and Bob and his silver

bullet band, I knew if I could play with these guys, I could take that sound to other

bands. I play that jaws harp where no one would dare to play, like Rush, if you think

about what your playing, their is the danger zone of hitting your tooth or clipping

your lips, but if you play to the band without thinking, a jaws harp does sound mean

in the song Working Man that Rush plays and not get hurt at all playing that song.

Maybe it is like that with the word, just do it without thinking?

• Upvote 1