GreaseSpot Cafe

Countdown!!!!

Cindy!

Ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of beer... :drink::drink:

I'm with you Groucho. This is getting "tedjious". What's 76 days from today (the latest posting on Oct 2nd.)?

December 17th (if my math is correct). I'll check in back then, to see what this is all about. beer.gif

I was wondering if it might be the wedding anniversary of Steve! and Cindy!, but now that I think of it - - -

I don't think that wedding took place 8 days before Christmas. That was a MAJOR party, if I recollect correct!

spy.gifdrink.gifdance.giftongue.gifsmilie_kool_aid.gifbiglaugh.gif

I actually did say what this is about!!!!

It's not mine and Steve's anniversary.....we got married in April, and this April will make seven wonderful, amazing, fun-filled years!

On December 17th at 10:00 am cst. I will be graduating with my masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, the culmination of three years of very hard work!!!

Congrats on the grandbaby!

And I'm happy for you reaching an important personal goal but I have to ask if you're gonna stick around and hang out with us this time or if this is more of you just coming in to tell us your fabulous news (or asking for help and never coming back to let us know how that research ended up - unless you posted and I somehow missed it) but not participating in any forums or chat?

Do what you want, of course, but I'm asking because I enjoyed you and Steve! before you announced you were leaving and whenever I see you've posted I wonder if its a comeback or a drive-by?

Thanks for the congrats, bowtwi.....and you ask an excellent question.

Steve and I have talked about it a lot, but are not sure of our conclusion.

As you may have noticed...there are many folks on here (here, meaning the forums) who are.....shall we say....a bit toxic in their communications.

It is a joy communicating with folks that are not toxic. And I know we should rise above it.....but it is kinda stupid at times and we grow to despise time spent in communicating with people who do not attempt to see the human, humor, or logical side of life.

I guess my post could be construed by some to "boast", but I hope that is not the case to those that know Steve! and I...though you never know.

I have not posted much in the last three years because I have been going from 5:30 in the morning to 11:30 at night (at the earliest) to fulfill my requirements for my masters degree.

I did neglect to post the conclusion to a situation I posted in the forums...but that was not due to purposeful neglect....it was due to forgetfullnees, being human, and having very little sleep.

So did I answer your question???? I don't know....so many levels of emotion remain unaddressed online.

Feel free to clarify and/or let me know I'm full of s**t~~~

Did I answer your question, Bowtwi????

On one hand yes, I feel you answered my question quite nicely. And I love that you want to share your wonderful achievements with us.

On the other hand, I guess I'll wait before getting too interested in you and your life until I see if you're going to stick around and actually

participate in "our" lives too or if this is just another instance of you sharing your accomplishments and then disappearing for months.

I take it that the moment passed that you were going to actually share the results of your research with us that you came in and asked

for our help with? You've addressed my question about it but haven't said whether or not you're going to actually follow through and do as

you originally said you would. You said why you haven't done it. Again, it's up to you how much you want to share and with whom, just as

it's our choice now if you ask us to contribute again whether or not we want to help you further.

Personally, I'm not interested in one-way relationships. I prefer a give and take. I am happy for you and Steve! but I have to say that I feel

a bit used and taken for granted when you post the way you do the past couple years or so. Like I said, I really prefer a two-way deal. To

each their own. Peace.

• Upvote 1

You said that very well Bowtwi!

I don't believe there is a nasty bone in Bowtwi's body, so I don't believe she was being nasty. I think she just presented the facts as she saw them. I think the same way.

Sometimes it so easy to get racing around that one forgets where one came from. I can imagine with your life zooming along at 70 mph in several directions at once that it's easy to forget where you got your information, or encouragement, or suggestions for lesson plans etc. Sometimes I wonder how you got done all that you did!

Once you've thought about it,and our perception has been reflected back to you...perhaps you'll find a little time each week to spend with us, your friends, and even brothers and sisters as it may be. I admire you and I certainly mean no disrespect by these remarks.

You said that very well Bowtwi!

I don't believe there is a nasty bone in Bowtwi's body, so I don't believe she was being nasty. I think she just presented the facts as she saw them. I think the same way.

Sometimes it so easy to get racing around that one forgets where one came from. I can imagine with your life zooming along at 70 mph in several directions at once that it's easy to forget where you got your information, or encouragement, or suggestions for lesson plans etc. Sometimes I wonder how you got done all that you did!

Once you've thought about it,and our perception has been reflected back to you...perhaps you'll find a little time each week to spend with us, your friends, and even brothers and sisters as it may be. I admire you and I certainly mean no disrespect by these remarks.

Thanks, Krys - you're absolutely right - I mean no offense. I really appreciate your input.

I do think Cindy! knows me or knew me well enough to know my intentions but I think you cleared up any potential doubt I may have left.

• Upvote 1