GreaseSpot Cafe

The front lines....

OldSkool

omg, that's just terrible. I think about how those kinds of hideous things could have affected the real humble-hearted people who just wanted to do what's right, and then to get treated like this. This kind of BS is no more walking by the spirit of God than throwing a temper tantrum is.

One time when I was in residence at Gunnison and it hadn't rained for quite a few months (hmmm...in that dry part of the country, amazing) and Ed H. had told us a week or two before to pray for rain, and it still hadn't rained. He stood up there at the head table at this meal and ranted and raved and banged his chair on the floor in anger at us, the in residence Corpse, because we weren't believing for rain. He had told us to pray, and dammit, we weren't doing it and he knew it because it hadn't rained. And all the while I'm thinking, WTF? Do I control the weather now? and also, Why is this up to me when these supposed spiritual elders who are more spiritually mature than me can't make it rain either? Just goes to show you...poop rolls downhill. I guess they weren't on the front lines any more than we were. Nowadays, I'm perfectly happy taking a back seat. Front lines, my rosie red arse.

I know what you mean. I used to be in charge of the weather too.

Too bad the movie Bruce All Mighty hadn't come out yet. We could have showed them what happened to Japan when Bruce had the moon moved. We should have been congratulated for not changing the weather when we had the power bestowed upon us to do so...................

Edited by 100% Free

One time when I was in residence at Gunnison and it hadn't rained for quite a few months (hmmm...in that dry part of the country, amazing) and Ed H. had told us a week or two before to pray for rain, and it still hadn't rained. He stood up there at the head table at this meal and ranted and raved and banged his chair on the floor in anger at us, the in residence Corpse, because we weren't believing for rain. He had told us to pray, and dammit, we weren't doing it and he knew it because it hadn't rained. And all the while I'm thinking, WTF? Do I control the weather now? and also, Why is this up to me when these supposed spiritual elders who are more spiritually mature than me can't make it rain either? Just goes to show you...poop rolls downhill. I guess they weren't on the front lines any more than we were. Nowadays, I'm perfectly happy taking a back seat. Front lines, my rosie red arse.

What a tool. This is representative of the type of ego prevalent in the top leadership in TWI. This is not an anomaly.

What About It...I won't quote the post again since many have already done so...but I had the same thing happen. I was at Rome City during an Advanced Class and there had been strong wind the night before. A tree had been blown over (oh no!) and it was our fault. We were the watchmen for the Advanced Class and it was our job to keep the Devil out. Obviously we weren't doing our job. I had the same reaction as you, I just thought "whaaat?"

I think soon after I decided to pet the sheep because they looked so cute. When I jumped the fence the sheep all started running around in circles. I thought, "Oh no! These sheep are going to stampede!" Then I had visions of explaining myself at the next meal time announcements. "Well, you see sir...it's just they were soooo cute! How was I to know they would all stampede, knock down buildings and trees and then drown? Yes, I realize there's an Advanced Class going on, why do you ask?"

Needless to say, I got out of there. Apparently the sheep stopped running around, but I was pretty nervous at the next meal.

Needless to say, I got out of there. Apparently the sheep stopped running around, but I was pretty nervous at the next meal.

LOL! I've been there. :unsure:

I wonder if there is a word with a definition of "Fear of Microphones and people who use them." :CUSSING:

Edited by 100% Free