GreaseSpot Cafe

Wolves and Sheep

skyrider

The Scriptures make reference to wolves and sheep.

Here at GS.....many think wierwille was a "wolf in sheeps' clothing."

When I read this quote below, it stirred several questions:

1) Was wierwille dividing twi into two classes?.........wolves and sheep

2) Even corps grads seemed divided into two classes?....wolves and sheep

3) The black (wolf) and white (sheep) ideology was growing every year in twi.

4) Why were agressive (wolf) leaders always promoted to the front of the pack?

5) Was there no "middle ground" in twi? Didn't veepee see this?

6) Jesus, the shepherd, guarded the sheep......wierwille fed the wolves.

7) Why should I care?..........

But as Thomas Jefferson observed in the wake of the rebellion mounted by Daniel Shays in 1786, if the “turbulence” to which popular government is “subject” is regrettable, “even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs.” In Europe, Jefferson explained, “under the pretence of government, they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”

2 classes - wolves & sheep i understand.....i never looked at it that way.....i tend to look at TWI as made up of 3 types: predator, facilitator and prey.

i'm thinking the facilitator would fall into the sheep category if we're classifying people by their predominantly good intentions.

according to Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary a facilitator is one that helps to bring about an outcome by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision.... i believe i was a facilitator in that i supported TWI financially and promoted their classes, events, and programs - and i did all that thinking i was truly helping the folks i served.

in one sense i was a sheep - victimized by TWI - having my life dominated by their agenda - my time, energy, resources and money siphoned off by these parasites. I'm thinking of a line in the movie "Chicken Run" , ".....but i don't want to be a pie..." but in a weird twist of the game, i also unknowingly helped those creeps maintain their predatory process - i.e. i was a facilitator.

i dunno....maybe there's something of the hireling mentioned in John 10 that is applicable. i got something out of serving TWI - i never was paid, but getting the ego stroked, recognition, feelings of belonging to a family, thinking my life....all that i did was truly meaningful, and tallying up all the rewards i imagined i would get in heaven can keep one going for awhile.

~~

edited for the editorially impaired.....like myself :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone

2 classes - wolves & sheep i understand.....i never looked at it that way.....i tend to look at TWI as made up of 3 types: predator, facilitator and prey.

i'm thinking the facilitator would fall into the sheep category if we're classifying people by their predominantly good intentions.

according to Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary a facilitator is one that helps to bring about an outcome by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision.... i believe i was a facilitator in that i supported TWI financially and promoted their classes, events, and programs - and i did all that thinking i was truly helping the folks i served.

in one sense i was a sheep - victimized by TWI - having my life dominated by their agenda - my time, energy, resources and money siphoned off by these parasites. I'm thinking of a line in the movie "Chicken Run" , ".....but i don't want to be a pie..." but in a weird twist of the game, i also unknowingly helped those creeps maintain their predatory process - i.e. i was a facilitator.

i dunno....maybe there's something of the hireling mentioned in John 10 that is applicable.

T-Bone......the wolf/sheep or black/white areas ARE too simplistic, I know. For many, there was alot of grey area.....lots of facilitating going on.

Looking back, it just seems that wierwille's corps program and all-leaders-corps was bound to have a saturation point......"too many wolves feeding on the sheep." Now, I certainly don't think wierwille sat down and thought thru an endgame scenario, or anything.

As the corps grads were sent out........the sheep scattered.

:biglaugh:

The Scriptures make reference to wolves and sheep.

5) Was there no "middle ground" in twi? Didn't veepee see this?

You mean, like a "weep"? Plenty of that going on.

Or a "sholf". Plenty here wish we'd been left on the sholf, sorry, shelf.

Or maybe it's TWI now that's left on the shelf...an out of date package of ...something gone rotten.

And now back to the regular thread...

Makes an awful lot of sense. Now after the carnage...I read where there are now sheep (wolves?) that claim those whom were chased, bitten, or witnessed the slaughter by ravening wolves, are simply mistaken about the damage we experienced....

Wiley once exposed wolves now recovering themselves with fleece...hidden...regathering the scattered flock....leading them away, out of site from the shepherd where they again can wreak havoc.

Hate it