GreaseSpot Cafe

The Electric Kool-aid Acid test

Ham

I'm just curious. Have you read this? Is there anything that speaks to you?

I'll be polite, and let the voluntary participants offer what they think.. long before I attempt to ruin everything..

:biglaugh:

I was a "mini" hippie. I was born five years too late, or so.

ma.. grabbed me by the ear..

"and where do you think YOU are going, young man"

:biglaugh:

well.. all that really doesn't make any difference.

...and I had a car named Furthur (back in the days when I named my cars), named after The Merry Pranksters Bus.

I spent the summer of 74 galavanting around the hemisphere in a 66 Valiant-- from the east coast to Alaska to the Grand Canyon reading that book. I know for at least that year I was "on the bus"

Edited by mstar1

That book speaks to me like a voice from the distant past, calling to me from the other end of a long, dark hall.

I knew or was acquainted with some of the people in the book. In fact, Wolfe quoted and referred frequently to a very close friend of mine, who unfortunately died a few years ago.

It all seems like 1,000,000 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

On a related note. Owsley (Bear) has passed away. Died in a car crash in Austrailia, where he has lived for awhile. He was 76. Interesting that he lived so long, being an LSD pioneer, and so did Dr. Albert Hoffman, the swiss physicist who discovered LSD, who died several years ago at 102. Interesting that some GSers make a point of saying VP wasn't really a doctor. Well, Dr. VPW did more good for me than Dr. Hoffman did.

For those unfamiliar with Owsley, his full name is Augusus Owsley Stanley. He had legal troubles when LSD was made illegal in 1966 and he was the Grateful Dead's sound engineer at one time.