GreaseSpot Cafe

Ho-Ho-Holycrap

skyrider

Never quite got the "praying in the new year" stuff. Still don't.

Could it be......twi was ALWAYS trying to manipulate us from friends, family, celebrations, events, etc.

and corral us into their little world of seclusion and systematic seduction?

Did twi REALLY know the true meaning and heart behind Thanksgiving?

Did twi REALLY know the true meaning and depth behind Christmas?

Did twi REALLY know the deep meaning of "praying in the new year?"

Or......were twi activities designed to obstruct and re-direct our thinking and lives

in every way imaginable? Just seemed like the controlling cult was never satisfied

until it sucked all the life out of individualism!!

OldSkool, the detailed names, numbers, schedules, plans.... Ugh. I was never WC (and I thank God for that) but your description reminded me of a time I went to visit another believer in another state who was a mutual friend of my fellowship coordinator. I didn't leave my vacation plans (as specified above) because :

1. It was stupid, and I was starting to wake up.

2. My fellowship coordinator had my cell number.

3. My fellowship coordinator was close friends with the believer I was visiting.

4. I was gong to be attending the region fellowship while there (the region coordinator had invited me on the phone and I had said yes.)

Well after being there for a few hours I got a call from my fellowship coordinator yelling and screaming that I hadn't filled out the proper forms. I calmly asked "why do you need that information?". The answer? "Because if there was an emergency, how would I be able to get ahold of you?". My response - "how did you just get ahold of me?"

Silence.

"And you know I am visiting our friend - you have her number."

Silence.

"And Rev. ________ will see me twice before I leave. I know you have his number."

Silence.

The final words from my fellowship coordinator were "This is not how we do things. I am going to speak with the Limb Coordinator and we will have a meeting when you get back."

No such meeting materialized. I was going Way D that year and I think they were afraid I would unvolunteer myself from that honor if they pushed too far.

Merry Christmas.

I remember the insanity of the "itineraries". I could actually just sign your post with my name, as the experiences are almost identical.

Edited by 100% Free