GreaseSpot Cafe

Reincarnation

Ham

So I remember loy ranting on about why everybody who had some kind of remembrance of past lives, it involved the person being a priest, a princess, a king, i.e. somebody "important".

The conclusion? Reincarnation MUST be an ungodly delusion. Not so many people could be king of egypt, head of the stock exchange, etc.

To which I say, every life I have an IMPRESSION, false or otherwise, of living before, I was an ordinary, serf (or slightly enhanced) numbnuts in the social chain..

:biglaugh:

So I remember loy ranting on about why everybody who had some kind of remembrance of past lives, it involved the person being a priest, a princess, a king, i.e. somebody "important".

The conclusion? Reincarnation MUST be an ungodly delusion. Not so many people could be king of egypt, head of the stock exchange, etc.

To which I say, every life I have an IMPRESSION, false or otherwise, of living before, I was an ordinary, serf (or slightly enhanced) numbnuts in the social chain..

After we left TWI and before I became a Christian I dabbled here and there in different things trying to find my way......I had my past lives read. Apparently, I was a baker in an English Manor house in the 19th century. I was very happy, but . . . I didn't get out much so, my health declined and I died. I was also a man.

What is kind of strange is that my degree is in 19th century British history and I love to bake. Weird huh? Granted, I finished school after the reading, but I was always headed there. Never deviated. I have loved that period since I was a kid.

Oh....and I didn't tell her anything about myself so she didn't get it from any conversation.

Edited by geisha779

Not sure what I was previously... I've never had a reading done. I do believe in past lives, but I don't think I was anyone important. There was one dream I had about being the daughter of a confectioner in Italy. And when I was in Mexico I felt more at home than I ever have in my own country. Mexican music also makes me feel really comfortable and at ease. And I don't speak the language (not much, anyways). Married into a Mexican-American family and I Am more comfortable with their culture than my own - maybe that's past life stuff.

Might be what Jesus meant when he said "you must be born again."

I think I might have been a pet rock in a previous existence. Either that or a lawn mower.
Possible. But in either case, whether the impression is legitimate or not (not quite the subject here, but it could be..)

it violates loys rants against reincarnation. In other words, you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth, again, and again..

there are those among us who seem to think differently, though..

Might be what Jesus meant when he said "you must be born again."

possible..

Edited by Ham

Just a clarification....I wasn't trying to legitimize the idea of reincarnation by relaying my personal experience. When I read the initial post, I remembered that reading, and just how boring my past lives were as they were recounted to me.

I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but many, many, many people do and it is not something to dismiss without at least an examination. Right?

The older I get the more I do find myself playing the "If I had it to do all over again" game or the "If I knew then what I know now" game. Serious design flaw IMO....we should get the wisdom which comes with experience first as it would save us the regret of youthful hubris later. And.... I would have invested in Microsoft.

I never gave Reincarnation much thought until I read this book. It is beyond fascinating because it really happened to a little boy. I saw his story on the History channel and just had to buy the book to read the entire account. Now it makes me think that something can happen on an individual basis.

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Survivor-Reincarnation-World-Fighter/dp/B004Z4M3I4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348174834&sr=8-1&keywords=soul+survivor

Edited by Rejoice

While I tend to lean in the direction of a belief in reincarnation.. I've had the nutty dreams, impressions.. are they real? I don't know, nor could I ever prove them, outside of spouting out the numerical sequence of a Swiss bank account in a previous life or something..

and that is why this particular thread is not doctrinal.

I'm going with loy's definition of way theology, that reincarnation cannot be true, because so many supposed past lives were IMPORTANT. Being kings, queens, princes, princesses and duchesses, Billionaires..

this differs from many who I have talked with. As a general rule, they seem to remember being plain, ordinary folks..

my impressions, whether they are true or not:

1. I died in battle once, the clothing in the dream would indicate early 1800's. not a general, a corporal.. an ordinary grunt of sorts. A lot of poor, relatively in terms of society unimportant people have died in wars.

2. then there was one I was a dishonest businessman. Had to have been in early 1920's maybe.. died at the wrong end of a handgun. apparently I slept with the bosses wife.

3. Dishonest radio repair guy. Overcharged customers to replace parts that were still healthy. Well, just keep replacing and charging until the thing is fixed..

this would have to be in the forties.

Somehow I think this is the guy who got shot..

what is weird, is when I was about 10 years old I looked at a schematic diagram, and it made sense to me..

still #3 can't be considered royalty or anything.

but these are only impressions. true or not, I can't defend or argue for or against.

and it is the same for others I've talked with.

So as far a formulated way theology, I think the conclusion (it cannot be true) is not supported by the premise (most of the *experiences* suggest the pre-life was one of *importance*).

the one radio in my garage.. is beyond hope of restoration in its original form. but it has a few vital parts that along with a few transistors could still actually function..

it has a tank circuit for the oscillator. a mixer stage, and i.f. filters.. well, it's A.M. only.

a cheap germanium diode for detection.. I have a few dozen of these somewhere around here..

this radio, is The Challenge..

I've pre-maturely made use of reincarnated hard drives. You can't do much with the aluminum platter, except sell it for what it is worth in aluminum. With the right shop I could turn them into high voltage variable capacitors. Now the magnets in the base of the voice coil used to move the read/write heads..

one can do a lot of "old" things with these..

they make really nice utensil holders..

Maybe I was a Chia Pet....or two...Yes, that's it, I was two Chia Pets!

no, you were Chia Pet. Then Chia Pet II, then Chia Pet III..