GreaseSpot Cafe

CULTS.....spreading forth in size and scope?

skyrider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't miss much.. I think it could be likened to da way corps, only without any perceived glory or recognition..

I was in it for about the month or so before it went defunct. But I think I was mainly there so they could practice "discerning of spirits" or something.. I'm still kind of weird..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

At the moment.. the Low Minds of Cultdom seem to be inheriting the earth. No, they are not meek.. self-entitled, ignorant, arrogant, egocentric self-serving bastards. Well.. maybe that is the nature of things..

its just an observation.

Why do people continue following them in one venue, and voting for them in another?

The answer to this must be bigger than me..

Is any (self-perceived) stability one gains, really worth the price one pays..

1. You are going to die, anyway. No amount of stability one can garner will prevent that.. despite claims to the contrary.. you don't get claims on this particular life forever..

2. Stability Sucks. Big Time.. who would really want it, to begin with.. boring. Always the Same.. one day, one year, one decade.. one century after another.. no change.

Harmony? No.. that is only experienced during a half way decent concert..

Abusive Quackiness doesn't pinpoint it either.....

Maybe Absolute Quackiness. Absolute only considers the magnitude, not the particular negative or positive religious or political leanings.

Chronic sleep deprivation

It does all sorts of wacky things to your mind and body. It was standard M.O. in the various Way programs, though not typically seen at local levels. Try running on 5 hrs. sleep for a week....or a month. Now imagine running on 5 hrs. sleep for years on end. It takes its toll. Here I am, almost 40 years after the fact, and I still wake up automatically after 5 hrs. sleep. The difference now is that I can roll over and go back to sleep instead of rushing off to some meaningless meeting.