GreaseSpot Cafe

ABS (yea or nay)

johniam

quote: As to investing, neither one of them had a clue about prudent investing.

Then how does twi have more than 50 million dollars? Is this all RFR, or did they just sell a lot of bumper stickers lately?

The question should really be why they ONLY have $50M. With prudent real estate investment strategies, they should have amassed a portfolio worth much, much more than $50M.

The use of the term "ABS" annoys me even more than the term "Abundant Sharing" in that it is using not only the made-up Way Int'l term, but the blue financial form abbreviation. But that's just me.

I stopped handing my money over to The Way Int'l when I was kicked out in 2001. I immediately began to see my finances improve. In fact I eventually stopped believing that the Bible was in any way divinely inspired and continued to see my finances improve.

Not only was tithing and going beyond tithing mandatory if one wanted to remain in good odor within The Way Int'l, but during the Martindale years there was frequent pressure to increase the percentage of "sharing".

Our Way Corps leader was leaning on me at one time to jack up my percentage - I didn't do it - he thought I did and I didn't correct him. My wife and I bought a car and he gushed about how we had been "blessed" due to my increased giving. I corrected him and told him that I had not in fact increased my percentage of giving. He sarcastically said "So you were able to afford the car merely by savings and budgeting?" As if there were something wrong with that