GreaseSpot Cafe

Forgiveness TWI Style

JavaJane

Read the article. The only time the word Repent occurs is in a Bible verse. There is nothing in the article about seeking forgiveness, about wanting to repent and be forgiven; amending one's own behavior (I know this article is about forgiveness, not repentance, but they do go hand in hand, and maybe it was or will be covered in another article.)

Which kinda absolves corporate TWI from apologising for the great hurt and harm they have caused and puts the onus back on others to "forgive" - ie, forgive TWI for what it has done.

And what they say: <<When we love and forgive a fellow believer, he will not be “swallowed up with overmuch sorrow”>> is directly contrary to TWI practice, to the burden they put on others by not forgiving but "marking and avoiding."

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 26:18 - To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If they want to apologise - they can post a BIG, prominent, apology on their website. Post something at GreaseSpot Cafe. Post something on one or all of the many Facebook and other internet sites.

Post a sincere apology and guaranteed it will be round the world in just a few hours. Whether it would be accepted or believed as an apology thus resulting in forgiveness is a moot point.

That article was about forgiveness?? . . . I guess it's easy to forgive when the feeling is nothing but indifference . . .

Forgiveness is good I guess.

I would first like to forgive myself . . . for taking the time to read that crap. *sets down the fork*

Looked at some of their songs from 2014 - what can I say? "Uninspiring" is the kindest thing to say.

When I was in TWI nobody ever "forgave" me for the various sins they accused me of - "sins" I didn't even understand why they said I committed them. There was no forgiveness in the TWI I was in. I think they are hypocrites to write such an article. Just like the fellowship where the branch leader was teaching on "freedom" when the same branch leader was oppressing everybody.

Something that struck me was the language of "believer" and "household" ... No mention of forgiveness to anyone outside of their little tiny group. In other words, you need to forgive me, but not so much anybody else.

Something that struck me was the language of "believer" and "household" ... No mention of forgiveness to anyone outside of their little tiny group. In other words, you need to forgive me, but not so much anybody else.

If I read it right they threw in Satan and Adversary . . . helps polarize things . . . "we need to forgive each other out of fear because we're at war"