GreaseSpot Cafe

Confrontation

Bolshevik

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Remember this?

Honestly I think this STARTED more conflict than resolved it.

Hmmm . . . that guy looked at me funny . . . What does the Word say? . . *grabs Bible, leaves Bless Note on door to meet . . . or else*

Nice to have little bashing sessions?

The four of us have gathered here because Joe Believer saw you went to the store alone, not two by two. You are likely devil-spirited possessed. We're hoping our stern looks of disappointment and head nods will help you to renew you mind and come back to the Household with the rest of us mentally balanced folk.

And how many stuck around once it was time to tell the Church?

You burned the toast again. We've gone over this. Now we will break you to tears before the crowd. We're doing this because we love you and are saving you from you.

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Remember this?

Honestly I think this STARTED more conflict than resolved it.

Hmmm . . . that guy looked at me funny . . . What does the Word say? . . *grabs Bible, leaves Bless Note on door to meet . . . or else*

Nice to have little bashing sessions?

The four of us have gathered here because Joe Believer saw you went to the store alone, not two by two. You are likely devil-spirited possessed. We're hoping our stern looks of disappointment and head nods will help you to renew you mind and come back to the Household with the rest of us mentally balanced folk.

And how many stuck around once it was time to tell the Church?

You burned the toast again. We've gone over this. Now we will break you to tears before the crowd. We're doing this because we love you and are saving you from you.

Well, I don't think I ever had to deal with the two by two scenario, but...

Yeah, those reproof verses were a big deal from way back.

Thirty to forty years of hindsight makes me realize just how faulty even some seemingly practical NT scriptures can be.

On its own, and using no other sources of insight for practical wisdom, that practice was inherently emotionally abusive. What was missing included (but was not necessarily limited to) recognition of the inherent worth of the individual being confronted. That makes the waybrain application inherently narcissistic. The whole concept that I have a right to challenge anything that offends me (anything I don't like) is complete crap.

Because the founder of the cult was a narcissistic megalomaniac, he demonstrated, and how many thousands of people imitated, that pattern of conduct?

Take it back to Matthew 22: 36-39.

What about the biblical principle of forebearance?

My recollections of V Pee and of The Forehead do not include many specific incidents of forebearance.

Edited by Rocky