GreaseSpot Cafe

Cloning is a Cult Strategy

skyrider

When I was in-residence corps in 1978........I was reproved by an elder corps guy, 7th corps, for spending self-structure time on Saturday night with a College Division girl.  As I remember it, he sternly told me that way corps were being trained as spiritual overseers, while college division was to pursue business and professional goals and support the spiritual outreach of the cult.....er, ministry.  This jolted my thinking for a few days......and I remember thinking, ".....why are they cloning us?"  Definitely, there were plenty of biblical examples that showed wide diversity of individuals in thought, background, commitment, leadership ability, skills and long-suits.

Meeting after meeting, it seemed like we were being herded around.

Well........now, all I see is Cloning is a Cult Strategy. 

So, I look at cloning [Wikipedia]..............and chuckle to read:  "The term clone, invented by J. B. S. Haldane, is derived from the Ancient Greek word κλών klōn, "twig", referring to the process whereby a new plant can be created from a twig."

So.......twig 3X a week, and soon everyone morphs into groupthink clones, spewing the cult doctrine, repeating the same tongues w/int messages, zealots of the buzzspeak, and fawning over the wierwille-mystique.  CLONING started at twig.......was amplified with each class........and "locked in" with corps indoctrination.

It.  Was.  A.  Cult.  Strategy.

37 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Life goes on in an unpredictable world because evolution provides a diversity of strategies within every species and across species.  If most strategies don't work, some, by chance, will.

Nobody knows the future.  Hedge you bets.  Diversify your investments.

Cloning is not that.

In a Totalitarian System, there is no diversity.  Perfection refuses to acknowledge imperfection.  Because new ideas conflict with the old.  Change never really occurs.

The Totalitarian System, by design, always fails.

In the strict sense of this word, totalitarianism......."it is a political system in which the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible."

The cult system that wierwille established was based on "the repetitive indoctrination of the pfal class content into the minds of his followers."  Clearly, it was NOT totalitarianism......because people could simply walk out and never return.  And, thousands upon thousands did just that.  But......for those who stayed it was a cloning factory of clichés and wayspeak doctrine. 

While in.....what did we know about someone who regularly came to twig fellowship?  Family background?  Parents/ siblings?  Educational background?  Skill sets?  Hobbies and passions?  Goals and objectives?  Or.......was it just generic buzzspeak cult drivel each and every meeting?

The monotony of doing the same things over and over again........was killing me.

How did the cloning ever get implanted as "right believing"......???

54 minutes ago, skyrider said:

In the strict sense of this word, totalitarianism......."it is a political system in which the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible."

The cult system that wierwille established was based on "the repetitive indoctrination of the pfal class content into the minds of his followers."  Clearly, it was NOT totalitarianism......because people could simply walk out and never return.  And, thousands upon thousands did just that.  But......for those who stayed it was a cloning factory of clichés and wayspeak doctrine. 

While in.....what did we know about someone who regularly came to twig fellowship?  Family background?  Parents/ siblings?  Educational background?  Skill sets?  Hobbies and passions?  Goals and objectives?  Or.......was it just generic buzzspeak cult drivel each and every meeting?

The monotony of doing the same things over and over again........was killing me.

How did the cloning ever get implanted as "right believing"......???

Egads man , what a find !!!! The word "clone" came from "twig" - - well, it does make sense - life is in the clone - - I mean , life is in the twig....

And to answer your question - how did cloning ever get implanted as right believing (doctrine) - I imagine one of the contributing factors that fed wierwille's delusional process was the twisted use of I Corinthians 11:1 - be imitators of me (wierwille) as I am of Christ.

11 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Egads man , what a find !!!! The word "clone" came from "twig" - - well, it does make sense - life is in the clone - - I mean , life is in the twig....

And to answer your question - how did cloning ever get implanted as right believing (doctrine) - I imagine one of the contributing factors that fed wierwille's delusional process was the twisted use of I Corinthians 11:1 - be imitators of me (wierwille) as I am of Christ.

Thanks, T-Bone..............that verse certainly could have added impetus to the cloning.  I haven't thought about that specific verse in a long time.

When I first joined TWI in '74 - I heard teachings along those lines using that verse - and even remember someone justifying the way corps program from that verse....as if it were like learning at the feet of a modern day Apostle Paul.

44 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Egads, indeed. 

13 hours ago, T-Bone said:

....... I imagine one of the contributing factors that fed wierwille's delusional process was the twisted use of I Corinthians 11:1 - be imitators of me (wierwille) as I am of Christ.

Think about that..........imitators of wierwille, martindale, geer, townsend, etc???

What did wierwille do ALL DAY?

• I hardly ever saw wierwille before noon meal........did he piddle around in his pajamas all morning?
  • People waited on him at his beck and call.............even his coffee cup had to be a certain china cup.
  • Okay, so he taught us some bible verses...............was he a DOER OF THE WORD?  Nope.
  • Never saw wierwille or other top tier guys do "the big six manifestations."  Never saw it.
  • Add arrogance, drunkenness, sexual predator and deceiver......hiding in the shadows.

YET, they wanted to clone us into fawning followers and be indentured servants in the cult.

In wierwille's twisted perversion, he wanted disciplined clones to run pfal classes.........little johnnie townsends.