GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi

Norbetow

Hello.  Have a seat.   Feel free to look around.

If you're new, you'll be shocked at some of the opinions, but there's few opinions universally held here. We disagree with each other about a lot of things, and find the discussions to be healthy.    If all you're used to is twi or twi-lite,  that may be a whole new experience, or even a shocking experience.  Take it at your own pace.

BTW, most of us may hold strong opinions- but that doesn't mean our lives revolve around them, or that we're very emotional about them.  There are differences. 

• Like 3

Hello, Norbetow. Welcome to the Café. Little bit quiet at the moment, but wait till one or two people come through the door, and start throwing things at each other, LOL. Meantime, have a coffee and a cake.

coffee-3163596_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, WordWolf said:

Hello.  Have a seat.   Feel free to look around.

If you're new, you'll be shocked at some of the opinions, but there's few opinions universally held here. We disagree with each other about a lot of things, and find the discussions to be healthy.    If all you're used to is twi or twi-lite,  that may be a whole new experience, or even a shocking experience.  Take it at your own pace.

BTW, most of us may hold strong opinions- but that doesn't mean our lives revolve around them, or that we're very emotional about them.  There are differences. 

WW, thank God we are allowed to have differences.  In Way World, if I had a different opinion than VPW's, I was reproved.  His opinion was the only one that mattered; my opinions were wrong if they differed from his.  What Hog Wash!!:nono5:

• Like 1

Hey wonderful reply-ers, perhaps you will see this response made over a year after your kind responses?! :anim-smile: Do appreciate them!! ( Maybe my Trust-o-Meter is functioning well enough that I can now return here to GSC and interact more... This past week I have had several marathons in which I read lots here; so helpful to see various POVs, individual ways of processing, different folks' experiences, and DWBH's posts re: restorative justice and not sweeping abuses under the rug.)  Again, thank you SO MUCH for keeping this site up and running bros and sis's!! God bless!! :wave:

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you're benefiting from the posts.

Personally, I think it's better to post with a bit more kindness, as it is friendlier for the readers who don't post here.  The usual argument against that includes people who say that there's nobody doing that- and I obviously can't prove they do because they don't post!  :)       I'm glad you've been helped when you weren't posting, and also now that you are.

There's an old poem I heard about in twi.   It sums up why I keep hoping new people find us and read around the forums.

The Bridge Builder

An old man going a lone highway,
Came, at the evening cold and gray,
To a chasm vast and deep and wide.
Through which was flowing a sullen tide
The old man crossed in the twilight dim,
The sullen stream had no fear for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side
And built a bridge to span the tide.

“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near,
“You are wasting your strength with building here;
Your journey will end with the ending day,
You never again will pass this way;
You’ve crossed the chasm, deep and wide,
Why build this bridge at evening tide?”

The builder lifted his old gray head;
“Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said,
“There followed after me to-day
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been as naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be;
He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building this bridge for him.”
  • Upvote 1

Glad my process and posting affirms the value of GSC and bridge building WordWolf! The issue of kindness is an interesting one... I of course know that especially in sensitive areas kindness is often needed. However, at this season of my life what with the lifetime of trauma I have experienced, and the bondage-breaking/cult recovery I am in the midst of, I am ready for some good old yelling, screaming, and throwing things! JUSTICE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, YES!! SWORD-WIELDING, HELL YEAH!  It is refreshing for me when emotions are allowed and not swept under the rug, although there is always the risk of words being misinterpreted, mis-applied, etc. For me, it is time the pendulum swung out from the secrecy, deceit, and ignorance and into the Light and Truth!

Blessings WordWolf! :anim-smile::dance:

• Upvote 1

Wordwolf,

Glad my process and posting affirms the value of GSC and bridge building! The issue of kindness is an interesting one... I know that especially in sensitive areas kindness is often needed. However, at this season of my life what with the lifetime of trauma I have experienced, and the bondage-breaking/cult recovery I am in the midst of, I am ready for some good old yelling, screaming, and throwing things! JUSTICE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, YES!! SWORD-WIELDING, HELL YEAH!  It is refreshing for me when emotions are allowed and not swept under the rug, although there is always the risk of words being misinterpreted, mis-applied, etc. For me, it is time the pendulum swung out from the secrecy, deceit, and ignorance and into the Light and Truth! The balance is somewhere?!

Blessings WordWolf! :anim-smile::dance:

• Like 1

Oh WW.  That poem.  A good poem of its time, but very tainted for me.  It was so used to support VPW's leading the way for the fair-haired LCM.  Maybe I should read the poem repeatedly until it loses its associations (like I can hear the word "Corps" now without my hair standing on end).

Thank you, Twinky, the Bridge Builders poem is tainted for me too. In addition to it being used to support lcm's leadership, for me it kind of applied to all us corps who were to follow in vpw's footsteps, (not Jesus' foot steps of course).

(BTW, I had to take a break from gsp as I was getting too triggered... Remembering to ground and pace myself is helping...) Am still finding it very helpful to gradually read thru certain previous posts to re-enter that old Reality so I can process, heal, and move Up and Out.)

Blessings Twinky and All! :wave:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1