GreaseSpot Cafe

New John Juedes video debunking Wierwille books

Rocky

The irony of the intellectually dishonest holding forth on intelligence and trustworthiness!

Only someone saturated in the intellectual and spiritual dishonesty of victor and his PFAL collaterals would so widely miss the mark on understanding the English language.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I disagree.  All three (smarts, intelligence, sound mind) are involved in (1) assessing what one's own will is, and (2) choosing words that properly communicate what that will is.  

There are people who fall short in these areas, and for them we don't have reliable and full knowledge of what their will is, due to inefficient communication.

God, of course, is well aware of His own will, and fully able to communicate it or deliver it to those who are willing to receive it.

*/*/*

The other quality a human must have is trustworthiness.  If they lie about their will, then we can't know it. 

God, of course, does not lie.

*/*/*

So when we have an accurate knowledge of the Word of God on any topic, we have an accurate knowledge of God's will on that topic.

A short way of saying this that is easy to remember is:

The Word of God is the will of God.

*/*/*

The word "is" here should not be misinterpreted as being "mathematically equivalent to" because no math is involved here.  The word "is" denotes "association with," or "represented by," but not the word "equals" in the numerical sense.

What a beautiful and simple idea!

The Word of God is the will of God.

A beautiful and simple sounding phrase to catch the attention of the listener.

When you repeat it in a brainwashed fashion it almost sounds profound.  

Yet is it?

Is this not just another way of saying God is truthful and not a liar?  God speaks out of only one side of his mouth not two.  God is real not faux.

But when you take that to the extreme in scribe territory and apply the who where what when why to whom under what time period all of that leads to further analysis and over complication.

That also involves dispensationalism in an attempt to dispel the harshness of Old Testament writings.

And it feeds into the rampant fundamentalist Bibliolatry consuming peoples time money and talents.  Which is the basis of Wierwilleolatry which is what your religion is.

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

How can you know if someone's words are trustworthy? Watch. Listen. Check. Test. Verify.

Victor paul wierwille said, "Your parents will be dead within five years."

Pay attention.

(I don't hate victor. I pity him. If I hate anything, I would hate to be him on THAT day.)

The word "parents" here is often misinterpreted. The plural noun parents denotes the first person singular personal pronoun I.

An honest, intelligent reading of victor's words would be, "I will be dead within five years."

Edited by Nathan_Jr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

God, of course, does not lie.

Hevrews 6:18

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,

Scripture does not state that God DOES not lie, indicating that he could actually do so. Scripture says it's IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie...what happened to every jot and tittle? You expect to be taken seriously and you care not to quote God's matchless Word accurately?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Look how much commotion this simple truth causes!

The Word of God Is the Will of God.

It seems to scatter posters in all directions like billiard balls.

Yet you ignore the rather obvious points I brought into the conversation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

In fact your the one avoiding an actual discussion...really letting that agape shine through there buddy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ah yes the sheeple deluding himself into how much power he has.

They don’t seem scattered to me - more like each one is cleaning up a different pile of your bullshonta.

But you go Don Quixote - quote that Plaffy at every problem in your life - maybe the magic incantation will work somewhere.  Or if not you are happier with your head buried in bullshonta so you don’t have to consider different viewpoints.

the greatest secret in the world today - like a Masonic incantation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Yet you ignore the rather obvious points I brought into the conversation. 

Frankly, it is a lot of work at times for me to distinguish serious points from jeering and chatter.

Do you mean this?
"Scripture does not state that God DOES not lie, indicating that he could actually do so. Scripture says it's IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie...what happened to every jot and tittle? You expect to be taken seriously and you care not to quote God's matchless Word accurately?"

I thought that looked like a silly prohibition against paraphrasing, with a hidden agenda on which translation/versions are acceptable.

If it is more than that, please inform me.

When you see a lot jeering and chatter, kindly wait till they run out of steam.  You camouflage your serious posts with them, and they can get easily lost by me.

You could also try repetition if you want to be taken seriously among a bunch of jokers.

It's all serious. It is all without exception or distinction to be taken seriously. All of it.

Even the absurd is to be taken seriously, because that's what victor's made up "doctrine" is. Absurd. Illustrations of the absurd point to the truth behind the absurd.

Linguistics matter. Language matters. Words and their meanings matter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do you mean this?
"Scripture does not state that God DOES not lie, indicating that he could actually do so. Scripture says it's IMPOSSIBLE for God to lie...what happened to every jot and tittle? You expect to be taken seriously and you care not to quote God's matchless Word accurately?"

Are you saying you don't want us to take you seriously?

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Even though it equates to bibliolatry. I would hope the people Mike recognizes as scatterers do some serious introspection about the matter.

The fact of the matter is there are no original manuscripts in existence. There is material evidence humans have corrupted what we've believed to be the Word of God.

Sure, it's available to figure out what likely is the essence of God's original word. But it doesn't come easily and certainly doesn't come from charlatans who arrogantly claim "God told me he'd teach me the word like it hadn't been known since the 1st century of the Christian era.

I take you all back to Proverbs 2:1-5.

I do not claim to have The Word. I'm not asking anyone to follow me or support "my ministry."

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

When you see a lot jeering and chatter,

I dont see jeering and chatter I saw you completely shut down because you were confronted with uncomfortable truths that you are smart enough to recognize but deluded enough to rationalize them away. Then of course you turn to insults when you do snap out of it, and a very arrogant condescending tone and choice of words. The adversary is everywhere huh....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mike said:

When you see a lot jeering and chatter, kindly wait till they run out of steam.  You camouflage your serious posts with them, and they can get easily lost by me.

You could also try repetition if you want to be taken seriously among a bunch of jokers.

You remember me telling you the speaker is responsible for their communication?

Well, another rule is the purpose of the communication is the response. If you're getting chatter and jeering, that must be what you want. Otherwise, you'd change the communication.

As you haven't changed the communication, you must enjoy chatter and jeering. Negative attention is better than no attention at all, right?

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Respect for scripture to not change even one word if possible. Is this a foreign concept to you?

That is a valid way to work the scriptures, if you are digging deep down below the English.  Sometimes that is necessary in areas of the scriptures that got messed up.  But I don't think that is the case here, with the English words we are reasoning with.  

In other words, there are times when paraphrasing is good enough to get to the bottom of something.  God's Word being His will is one of them.  

We are working with basic ideas here, and the ONLY complication is the self-induced allergy many have here to anything (even truth) that reminds them of VPW.  

The handicap here with this topic of God's Word being His will is NOT the exact wording of any scripture, but the hate that blinds people to simple ideas.

8 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I dont see jeering and chatter I saw you completely shut down because you were confronted with uncomfortable truths

You saw nothing but me dealing with my glass business in the hot Summertime.  I have a lot more time in the Winter to go after many details here. Not so much time in the Summer for this, though.

I am confronted with uncomfortable FACTS here all the time.  It's been non-stop for 20 years.  That is all you folks want to do is confront me and force me to discuss the nuances you feel are important.

I did not come here for comfort. 

Many topics here are too uncomfortable for TWI leaders and splinter leaders to deal with. You should go out and confront them for their fears.  I find it disgusting that STILL, there are no current leaders with guts to come here and face uncomfortable facts.

You are scolding the wrong man, OldSkool.  Is it too uncomfortable for you to confront your old TWI leaders?

*/*/*/*

"I saw you completely shut down"

What kind of garbage is that?  You seem to think that the only life there is to live is here at GreaseSpot.  What you saw was me prioritizing my time.

So, tell me, please, what exactly did you think I ran away from?

Did you see my little tip about repetition?   The squeaky wheel gets it sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

That is all you folks want to do is confront me and force me to discuss the nuances you feel are important.

Right because we seek you out and make you come here spouting off all the non-sensical concepts, non-Biblical concepts you try and mash into scripture. Its called a discussion, you don't get to talk down to peole around here and expect us not to respond and what you post will be put to scrutiny. Thats why I post here as well, I want my ideas put to scrutiny. Obviously you cannot handle that though.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

You are scolding the wrong man, OldSkool.  Is it too uncomfortable for you to confront your old TWI leaders?

Nah, I confronted them to their faces and fought em for two years until I moved with severance pay. So no, I didnt cower when push came to shove but went toe to toe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

That is a valid way to work the scriptures

You talking about a valid way to work scriptures and you dont even respect the difference between does not and impossible...thats the point with scripture that every jot and tittle is vital...or did you forget that from pflappy...maybe had you been paying attention and not drifted away from what we were taught...maybe thats why you dont know the difference between a cloak and a book case.