GreaseSpot Cafe

Three movies or Three actors

Raf

On 1/30/2024 at 11:08 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Frank Oz?  Is this another Muppet movie?

George

*smack* No.

Let's suppose that Frank Oz not only did movies not involving "the Muppets", but he even played as an actor in a few movies.  (Because both are true.)  His other voice roles would count, as would his on-screen roles.

Look at the rest of the list.  Does anyone else's name ring any kind of bell?

John Ratzenberger        Billy Dee Williams        Denis Lawson

Elaine Baker   Clive Revill     Ian McDiarmid

Frank Oz    Ralph McQuarrie    Treat Williams

Bob Anderson     Harrison Ford      Sir Alec Guiness

I really thought this was going to be a LOT easier.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:14 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, OK.  I don't remember any Cliff Claven cameos in "The Empire Strikes Back.'

George

It IS "the Empire Strikes Back."

I've used John Ratzenberger to link through that movie in the links thread, so I thought you'd remember that. He played a Major on Hoth who had few lines.  That was Major (Bren) Derlin.

"Your Highness, there's nothing more we can do tonight. The shield doors must be closed."

"Okay. Everybody to your stations. Let's go!"

Oddly enough, the character appeared again in RotJ, but someone else played him (he was on the Endor strike team.) 

[Then again, I see a note he was in the RotJ junior novelization, so he may not have actually appeared in the theatrical release of RotJ.]

-------------------------------------

In the original theatrical release of TESB,  Elaine Baker wore a mask as the Emperor- she was replaced in the Special Edition by  Ian Mc Diarmid.

Ralph McQuarrie is famous in some circles for Star Wars art, but he actually had a part in TESB.  

Denis Lawson, of course, played WEDGE ANTILLES, the pilot who survived the Battle of Yavin, the Battle of Hoth, and the Battle of Endor, firing the torpedoes that destroyed DS II.

Frank Oz played YODA.  Billy Dee Williams played Lando Calrissian.

I know Alan Tudyk for 2 movies (plus TV.)  I know SS from possibly 3 movies.  Paul Bettany I know from only 3 roles.     This is not "Serenity/Firefly." This is not "40 Days and 40 Nights" nor "The Order."  This is not a Marvel movie, so no JARVIS/ the Vision.

That makes this "the Knight's Tale."   A movie that makes no attempt to be historically accurate, and just has a fun time with the setting, and the idea that knights were the rock-stars of their time.  Not Oscar bait, but entertaining on its own. 

Still not the person.

Skatetown, USA       The Outsiders              Uncommon Valor

Grandview, USA         Youngblood              Steel Dawn

City of Joy                   Donnie Darko               Next of Kin

George

• 2 weeks later...