GreaseSpot Cafe

Was vpw a con artist AND ONLY a con artist?

WordWolf

Was vpw a con artist AND ONLY a con artist?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was vpw a con artist and ONLY a con artist?

• Yes, vpw was a con artist, and that's all he ever was, only a con artist.
    • No, vpw was not a con artist.
    • No. vpw was indeed a con artist, but he was other things as well- like a father, a guitar player, a plagiarist, a farmer, rapist, a preacher, a simonist....

40 minutes ago, Twinky said:

People might be interested in episodes or shorts of "It's Me or the Dog!" - available on YouTube.  Watch how Victoria Stilwell trains dogs.  Always with kindness. often coaxed with (rewarded by) food treats.  Not punished for "wrong" or unwanted behaviour, just ignored until the dogs are calm, and then rewarded for calm behaviour.

You won't see her or anyone else kicking a dog in the face to teach it who's boss.

In my house I am boss.  But I'd like to think raising kids is a lot more than just conditioning for right and wrong behavior.  

A recap.

The "infallible doctrine" of VPW as a con artist and only a con artist is a glove that won't fit the hand, because he was also:

shallow (spiritually and five senses)

immature (spiritually and five senses)

insecure 

hook shot inventor

dog beater

bull$hitter

whiner

hater

dilettante 

simonist

unabashed plagiarist

sexual predator (if you know Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, you know VPW - same seed.)

malignant narcissist

megalomaniac

pathological liar

poseur

a harmful and controlling cult-leader

a voracious wolf in sheep’s clothing

a mean-drunk-Drambuie-guzzler with delusions of grandeur

A man with a lot of issues

Edited by Nathan_Jr
He was NOT a man of God. Not even the seventh.
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

A recap.

The "infallible doctrine" of VPW as a con artist and only a con artist is a glove that won't fit the hand, because he was also:

shallow (spiritually and five senses)

immature (spiritually and five senses)

insecure 

hook shot inventor

dog beater

bull$hitter

whiner

hater

dilettante 

simonist

unabashed plagiarist

sexual predator (if you know Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, you know VPW - same seed.)

malignant narcissist

megalomaniac

pathological liar

poseur

a harmful and controlling cult-leader

a voracious wolf in sheep’s clothing

a mean-drunk-Drambuie-guzzler with delusions of grandeur

A man with a lot of issues

I would now add inappropriate cultural appropriation to the list of sins of Victor Wierwille."Cultural appropriation is the inappropriate or unacknowledged adoption of an element or elements of one culture or identity by members of another culture or identity."

The dilettante Victor Wierwille claimed to believe and teach the importance of Orientalisms, oriental culture and meanings of original biblical texts. But the doctrine and practice of blaming tragedy on a person's "lack of believing" or in the alternative, the person being outside of the protection of the "household of God" is nothing more than cultural appropriation of certain 19th and 20th century American concepts and phraseology.

More from Susan Cain's book, Bittersweet. Chapter five explores Calvinism and transformation of that set of beliefs on "abundance" to more modern cultural frameworks of winners and losers. "How did a nation founded on so much heartache turn into a culture of normative smiles?" Of course, people my age or thereabouts would likely be familiar with Norman Vincent Peale, author of The Power of Positive Thinking.

Today, the division of society into winners and losers is starker [more stark] than ever. As the journalist Neal Gabler wrote in Salon in 2017, “America is deeply divided between those who are considered (and consider themselves) winners, and those who…are considered by the winners to be losers. Losers are cultural pariahs—the American equivalent of India’s untouchables….

Cain, Susan. Bittersweet (p. 128). Crown. Kindle Edition. 

I digress... and probably should start a new thread on this subject.

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I would now add inappropriate cultural appropriation to the list of sins of Victor Wierwille."Cultural appropriation is the inappropriate or unacknowledged adoption of an element or elements of one culture or identity by members of another culture or identity."

The dilettante Victor Wierwille claimed to believe and teach the importance of Orientalisms, oriental culture and meanings of original biblical texts. But the doctrine and practice of blaming tragedy on a person's "lack of believing" or in the alternative, the person being outside of the protection of the "household of God" is nothing more than cultural appropriation of certain 19th and 20th century American concepts and phraseology.

More from Susan Cain's book, Bittersweet. Chapter five explores Calvinism and transformation of that set of beliefs on "abundance" to more modern cultural frameworks of winners and losers. "How did a nation founded on so much heartache turn into a culture of normative smiles?" Of course, people my age or thereabouts would likely be familiar with Norman Vincent Peale, author of The Power of Positive Thinking.

I digress... and probably should start a new thread on this subject.

Inappropriate cultural appropriation? Redundant? Isn't cultural appropriation inherently or definitively inappropriate? Not arguing. Just seeking mathematical precision and scientific exactness. Good call. Perhaps worthy of its own thread.