GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

An absent Jesus Christ blinded Saul? Was Saul so humbled by Jesus Christ's absence that he bowed down to him?

It took Paul many years to understand what he wrote for us. He was in no way going to understand much, but he DID talk and ask questions. He called him Boss, or Lord. 

I talk to people all the time on the phone, video phone. They are absent but not absent in a sense.

I'm not done brainstorming on this.  What about the phone analogy?

My problem is that I do not know what VPW taught on this to the Corps. That is a vast library that I have only heard 0.001 per cent of the volume. But I have heard people talk about this a lot, but not in an adversarial way.  This was WAY back in the past.

I have old paper notes with this topic. I've always wanted to WORK it.

*/*/*

Well I'm finished bringing up other places where God intervened in a big way, to compare with Paul's.

Using our imagination, and skipping way out to the end of this thread....  suppose for a few minutes, that you prove to me that I was wrong, and VPW wrong, and that Christ is NOT absent now in the present. So, I change my position. THEN what?  Just imagine, imagine, imagine……

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't you think we now have to coin a good word to describe
the hope of his Return?

That would be better than his non-absence, right?

And ALSO it would be good if we could describe
his “current presence” quickly!

…just to tell it apart at the farther future, when he returns.

I’m just adopting your Postulate… I mean what USED to be
yours, but it’s mine now. LoL You made me tinker with it,
remember?

Don't we have to come up with a new word to describe
his “super-presence” at the Return,

compared to his …er  …ah …less glor… no…

Come ON!  HELP me here, we’re a team now.
Remember? It’s the future now, and I’m on your side now.

For his current presence we could call it, for comparison
to the Return presence, his mundane…   no. Yikes! 
This is harder than I thought it would be.

Is there any way in this <cough> presence, non-absence,
to meet him at Starbucks and just ask him?

Edited by Mike

32 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

OMG --- ROFLMAO!!

:offtopic:

Hey Dude – true confessions here…I loved watching commercials when I was a kid – still love watching them – the weirder, the dorkier, the funnier, or the more unprofessional and/or local the better…

...here’s another dark secret – both Mom & Dad worked – so when I came home from school I was all alone…and being somewhat of a scaredy-cat I’d watch TV of course to get my mind off of unknown terrors…if I had to go in the basement for something or got tired of TV, I would sing to myself some commercial jingle…

...okay – wanna know why I really took the class…I wanted to find out what killed that little boy. Did he neglect to sing an advertisement for protection?

38 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Fascinating…I noticed you did something similar on the NT canon thread – when I commented that your literary structure idea    sounded a lot like Bullinger’s -  you went on about finding it on your own and impressing the hell out of Walter when you showed it to him…

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot that I looked it up right after you "called me" on it in canon.
What?  Didn't you?

Bullinger's stretched out structure in my paper Companion Bible looks NO WAY similar to my super simple one.

It is on-line, also.  Should we fetch it and see?

*/*/*/*

Oh, I DID get the idea of STRUCTURE from Bullinger.
But, if you look, it is obvious, now that I tipped you off.

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

:offtopic:

Hey Dude – true confessions here…I loved watching commercials when I was a kid – still love watching them – the weirder, the dorkier, the funnier, or the more unprofessional and/or local the better…

...here’s another dark secret – both Mom & Dad worked – so when I came home from school I was all alone…and being somewhat of a scaredy-cat I’d watch TV of course to get my mind off of unknown terrors…if I had to go in the basement for something or got tired of TV, I would sing to myself some commercial jingle…

...okay – wanna know why I really took the class…I wanted to find out what killed that little boy. Did he neglect to sing an advertisement for protection?

I went into great detail on that 18 years ago or so here.
I got enough on my plate now, though.

Most people forget the details of that story. There are a lot of them. 

I'm sorry that yu were little and got the wrong impression.

I went through the transcript word by word here to soothe people who had similar feelings.  If you know the exact phrases of the class, and you know how to work the advanced  search engine here, you could find how I spent days answering that.

If you can't, maybe I can help you on a slow posting day find it in the archives

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well I'm finished bringing up other places where God intervened in a big way, to compare with Paul's.

Using our imagination, and skipping way out to the end of this thread....  suppose for a few minutes, that you prove to me that I was wrong, and VPW wrong, and that Christ is NOT absent now in the present. So, I change my position. THEN what?  Just imagine, imagine, imagine……

What? Limit God because   YOU   can’t imagine He has a gazillion or more ways to orchestrate events? It's okay if  YOU  want to limit God or Christ - it doesn't bother me one bit. :rolleyes:

Don’t need to prove you’re wrong or prove wierwille was wrong – because you’ve done a fine job of mimicking how wierwille twisted Scripture and besides that you're  also showing  YOU  can’t or won’t accept the truth that Christ is transcendent and immanent…I don’t care if you change your position when sleeping through PFAL…you can slouch in your chair…rest your head on your desk…position doesn’t matter…must sleep…need more sleep… zzzZZZ :sleep1: ZZzzz

Edited by T-Bone
typos

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot that I looked it up right after you "called me" on it in canon.
What?  Didn't you?

Bullinger's stretched out structure in my paper Companion Bible looks NO WAY similar to my super simple one.

It is on-line, also.  Should we fetch it and see?

*/*/*/*

Oh, I DID get the idea of STRUCTURE from Bullinger.
But, if you look, it is obvious, now that I tipped you off.

I don't care

4 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I don’t care if you change your position when sleeping through PFAL…you can slouch in your chair…rest your head on your desk

I recommend a lot of coffee and a stack of Jolly Ranchers so the sour/tartness will slap you back awake, even if only temporarily.

9 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Well then --- you recognize this one?

Awesome OldSkool!

Sorry – I don’t remember those.

it’s labeled 1980 commercials – and I have a good excuse for missing outin 1980 I was busy “moving the Word” and didn’t have time to watch TV…unless it was PFAL. zzzZZZ :sleep1:    again with the sleep.

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

It took Paul many years to understand what he wrote for us.

It did?

He was in no way going to understand much

He wasn't?

He called him Boss, or Lord. 

He wasn't the only one. Boss is a funny translation, but, Hey, whatever works... MAKE it fit.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Meta, pros...

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I went into great detail on that 18 years ago or so here.
I got enough on my plate now, though.

Most people forget the details of that story. There are a lot of them. 

I'm sorry that yu were little and got the wrong impression.

I went through the transcript word by word here to soothe people who had similar feelings.  If you know the exact phrases of the class, and you know how to work the advanced  search engine here, you could find how I spent days answering that.

If you can't, maybe I can help you on a slow posting day find it in the archives

no thanks :wave:

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

Awesome OldSkool!

Sorry – I don’t remember those.

it’s labeled 1980 commercials – and I have a good excuse for missing outin 1980 I was busy “moving the Word” and didn’t have time to watch TV…unless it was PFAL. zzzZZZ :sleep1:    again with the sleep.

Gotcha! Im just turning the big 50 nrxt birthday so I guess I was a keed back when you keedz were moving da pflap money trai....I mean the Word....yeah...moving the Word..lol

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

He wasn't the only one. Boss is a funny translation, but, Hey, whatever works.

If you pay attention to homie, he breaks almost everyone of wierwille's research principles....I mean Bullingers reasearh principles with reckless abandon. Epiluo - like untrained dogs running which everway - thats how it works. I mean... God could have sent Marvin the Martian to impersonate Jesus at Saul's conversion...I've found at least .000452 verses that say as much. Just imagine...

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

It took Paul many years to understand what he wrote for us. He was in no way going to understand much, but he DID talk and ask questions. He called him Boss, or Lord. 

how did that work? was it like automatic writing? 

your idea goes counter to holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

how do you come up with this baloney?

Fans call Bruce Springstein Boss  :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

If you pay attention to homie, he breaks almost everyone of wierwille's research principles....I mean Bullingers reasearh principles with reckless abandon. Epiluo - like untrained dogs running which everway - thats how it works. I mean... God could have sent Marvin the Martian to impersonate Jesus at Saul's conversion...I've found at least .000452 verses that say as much. Just imagine...

Just you wait, OS. When I get some time away from the demands of my bocce club, I'm going to HANDLE Bullinger's "Four Crucified" line by line, as promised by the Flat Earth thread tease. There will be no more confusion.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
then, Then, THEN!!!

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

bocce club

Who in the what in what...bocce club...it's the word the word and nothing but the word...u better get someone signed up for the class or your gonna have to double your abs to cover the loss!!!....lmao

Just now, OldSkool said:

Who in the what in what...bocce club...it's the word the word and nothing but the word...u better get someone signed up for the class or your gonna have to double your abs to cover the loss!!!....lmao

I don't know if you've ever played bocce, but it's a physically strenuous and demanding sport. It takes up a lot of time, so I don't have time to post here, except when I do.

Bocce is a good excuse when avoiding answering direct questions. Plus, you can have a cocktail while playing. I don't drink anymore, but it's fun to know others can. And the game is ancient, so there's always talk about wishing people knew how to play it in the original.

24 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

don't know if you've ever played bocce, but it's a physically strenuous and demanding sport. It takes up a lot of time, so I don't have time to post here, except when I do

Yeah..it's fun. Played a few times before. It's a much better option than forum posting...lol

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Don't you think we now have to coin a good word to describe
the hope of his Return?

That would be better than his non-absence, right?

And ALSO it would be good if we could describe
his “current presence” quickly!

…just to tell it apart at the farther future, when he returns.

Why would that be good?

What’s the rush?

My suggestion – don’t try to reinvent the wheel – there’s an international code signal of extreme distress

S O S savior oh savior