GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks.  I did not even notice the AD you included in that combo.
Never heard of anyone using that combo before.

The Anno Domini, I think means "Year under the watchful eye of our absent Lord.

Aren’t you thankful we have the freedom to think whatever we want :dance:

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

...Was wierwille a double agent?...

You wrote: “...Was wierwille a double agent?...

Wow! That is a good question!

I have often marveled and wondered at how good an agent for God I have been in the past 50 years. I know the days I doubted. I know the weeks I was weak.  I know the years I yearned to be stronger against doubt, fear, and temptation.

It blows my mind, the grace and mercy of God on my life, when I was out of fellowship.

I remember days when I was a twig leader, out of fellowship over something, and would pray to God that He wouldn’t let anyone come to my twig later that night. Then some people would come anyway, and maybe one would have a need, and HOLY MACKERAL, I was able to get back in fellowship and actually help them. 

This kind of thing happened way more than once, me being in left field for a day, or even a week,  … there were even a couple of bad years in there too…. Oh the Romans 7 wretch that I am! Who shall rescue me from this great dilemma??!!  

I trust I am not being a double agent now…. But the day is long and the flesh is weak.  Please pray for me, especally if you don’t have any sin in your life. 

I hate being a double agent.  In fact, it has been God’s great grace and mercy on those times I was out of fellowship that got me slowly interested, more and more every year, to lock in to that Christ forming in my soul, and spend less and less time out of fellowship.  I love how God is more interested in my successes than my failures.

But VPW's life is not available for me to see in detail and in depth like I can see my own rotten old-man heart.  I can plainly see his successes, but his failures are hard to see, unless there are a bunch of wierwille-sin conscious people yelling at me.

How do you handle your rotten old-man heart?

The accounts of Jesus’ temptation are irrelevant to wierwille’s obsession with devil spirits!

Why?  I think they are very important to see if Jesus was similarly obsessed, and if not, how he handled them. You need to convince me.  See if you can counter my argument with more than the brush off with one word, irrelevant.

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks.  I did not even notice the AD you included in that combo.
Never heard of anyone using that combo before.

The Anno Domini, I think means "Year under the watchful eye of our absent Lord.

That's not even close to what Anno Domini means. Victor proved in one of the PFAL  sessions that he didn't understand Latin, either.

How can our lord watch over us if he's absent. That doesn't even make sense. And if it doesn't fit, it's not true to fact.

who said he's absent?

My teacher, and then he taught why it is good that he is absent.

I had written:"So what's the big deal about him being absent for a while?
He can still see what is goinng on here from his right hand seat.
At least Stephen thought so."

You side-stepped my question, so I will re-word it.

So what's the big deal about you believing he has to be non-absent?
He can still see what is going on here from his right hand seat, RIGHT?
Stephen saw the absent Christ standing way out there at God's right hand, and that was comforting to him.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

VPW's life is not available for me to see in detail and in depth like I can see my own rotten old-man heart.  I can plainly see his successes, but his failures are hard to see, unless there are a bunch of wierwille-sin conscious people yelling at me.

How do you handle your rotten old-man heart?

I know of wierwille’s success in conniving people . I also know all too well of his failures as a pathological liar, thief, plagiarist, drunkard, and sexual predator - he couldn’t hide those things from the corps.

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

So, the letters of Paul mixed with believing replace the ascended Nazarene.

NO!!!

You missed the key ingredients:  CHRIST present spiritually within a believer walking in renewed mind love.

The letters of Paul (+ whole Bible) mixed with believing, with Christ present within as holy spirit, and walking in renewed mind love replace the ascended Nazarene.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why?  I think they are very important to see if Jesus was similarly obsessed, and if not, how he handled them. You need to convince me.  See if you can counter my argument with more than the brush off with one word, irrelevant.

Your request is irrelevant 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

The letters of Paul (+ whole Bible) mixed with believing, with Christ present within as holy spirit, and walking in renewed mind love replace the ascended Nazarene.

Thanks for the clarification. Is this you final answer? Is this what the Word is? Remember, the question I've asked so many times: What is the Word?

it's NOT a trick question. If this is your final answer, fine. If not, add what is missing, and please get back to me with the final answer to What is the Word?

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

...wierwille became the lens through which I viewed Christ…and when I was in TWI, how that worked in practice was exploring what the Bible says about Christ…only it wasn’t really exploring what the Bible says about Christ. Rather it was reading, listening, and watching what wierwille said...  about Christ? Nope!   ...  – so, I believed he was getting all this stuff from God and passing it on to me....

It sounds to me like you went into the Corps way too early, and had not "made it your own" first.

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

First you tell me what you don't like about Jesus' statement and me quoting it, AND what you don't like about what he said about believing, and then I'll think about telling you about the success side of my life, and therefore risk you (or others) calling me a liar. 

What if I said I raised someone from the dead? 
How would you handle that?

Let's just cut to the chase, Twinky, why would you ask me that question?  To discredit me, to discredit VPW, to discredit Jesus? 

Convince me that you really want to hear what successes I have had with PFAL teaching me the Word.

How many aces up your sleeve do you have, canned raps, to reject ANYTHING I say in answering your question. 

Put another way, what kind of answer FROM ME would get you to consider the truth in the verse I quoted,  "...and greater works because I go on leave of absence to my Father." (my paraphrase)

Convince me that was a sincere question to me from a good heart and a love of the Word of God.

I’ve noticed  wierwille-fans  tend to ignore, stall and dodge the legitimate challenge of “tell us about the greater works of Jesus Christ that they have done” .

Their failure to rise to the challenge may be due to their deference to wierwille’s debilitating habit of procrastination and talking the walk but not actually walking the walk. It’s like these folks watched Perry Mason so much they think they could pass a bar exam. Uhm… do they know Raymond Burr was not a real lawyer?

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

How can our lord watch over us if he's absent. That doesn't even make sense. And if it doesn't fit, it's not true to fact.

Spiritual binoculars.  How can God see us when He's way up there also?

So, it sounds like you are getting closer to the question I asked you.
Are you implying that an absent Christ cannot see us from the spiritual realm, and has to return with his personal presence to get an good view?  Is this a Near Sighted Jesus theory you are harboring?

Just now, T-Bone said:

I’ve noticed  wierwille-fans  tend to ignore, stall and dodge the legitimate challenge of “tell us about the greater works of Jesus Christ that they have done” .

I've noticed that no matter what answer a wierwille fan has to that legitimate challenge, it will be rejected here, SOMEHOW.  That makes it a legitimate challenge from an illegitimate challenger.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It sounds to me like you went into the Corps way too early, and had not "made it your own" first.

Yup - young and naive - cognitive skills undeveloped - the perfect candidate for cult indoctrination 

8 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Thanks for the clarification. Is this you final answer? Is this what the Word is? Remember, the question I've asked so many times: What is the Word?

it's NOT a trick question. If this is your final answer, fine. If not, add what is missing, and please get back to me with the final answer to What is the Word?

It is the best answer I have right now, with my present perceptions of what you CAN understand and/or WANT to understand.  Those perceptions could be wrong.

Do you feel anything is missing from that "final" answer?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Spiritual binoculars.  How can God see us when He's way up there also?

Sounds like this is an answer to one of my many question you've evaded.

Where is God?  He's far away, up there?

NOT a trick question. If that's your answer, ok. I'm just trying to understand. I don't like making assumptions. 

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

My teacher, and then he taught why it is good that he is absent.

I had written:"So what's the big deal about him being absent for a while?
He can still see what is goinng on here from his right hand seat.
At least Stephen thought so."

You side-stepped my question, so I will re-word it.

So what's the big deal about you believing he has to be non-absent?
He can still see what is going on here from his right hand seat, RIGHT?
Stephen saw the absent Christ standing way out there at God's right hand, and that was comforting to him.

I have my doubts about your teacher’s credentials and intent

Just now, Nathan_Jr said:

Sounds like this is an answer to one of my many question you've evaded.

Where is God?  He's far away, up there?

NOT a trick question. If that's your answer, ok. I'm just trying to understand. I don't like making assumptions. 

The "far away" is a meaning more literally "the spiritual realm" which is far away from a natural man's mind to comprehend.... and similarly our old-man natures.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

my present perceptions of what you CAN understand and/or WANT to understand.  Those perceptions could be wrong.

I can assure you, you have no clear perception whatsoever what I can or want to understand. Your perceptions are dead wrong.

You continue with your assumptions. You continue with your accusations. Like the accuser. I would proceed with caution, if I were you.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

There is a reason for that.

You are distracted by things OTHER THAN his content.
put another way:
You are distracted by things other than HIS CONTENT.

That’s the greatest secret in way-world today - the CONTENT of PFAL is a misdirection - it distracts one’s attention to what the Scriptures state.