GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

3 hours ago, waysider said:

My granddaughter, Clara Belle (that's short for Helen.), said, "Geeze, Grampaw, don't you guys know nothin'? Sickness comes from cooties."

That girl has a mind of her own.

She is correct. You gotta stay away from those cooties and if someone gives em to you then you gotta give them to someone else so you don't have them anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

You might like this one, T-Bone. 

Yeah – I sure do! This is great! It’s like he’s breaking down all the fallacies wierwille pulls in PFAL.

Thanks for posting

My buddy calls me up and asks “why weren’t you at my Halloween party last night?”

I told him I was. 

“Really?” He says “maybe I didn’t recognize you in costume- who did you go as?” 

I said “the absent Christ.”

Ba dum bum…I’m here all week folks

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, chockfull said:

This video was too money not to post it on the absent Christ thread…

See now we have proof hes not absent...Jesus on a cloud covered hoverboard...I think hes holding a copy of PFLAP!

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

See now we have proof hes not absent...Jesus on a cloud covered hoverboard...I think hes holding a copy of PFLAP!

That hoverboard is recent technology that must be a copy PFLAP Today

Although I will say, he bears a striking resemblance to the guy in that framed picture hanging on the wall in the old PFAL video…minus the cloud and the hoverboard of course…but come to think of it wierwille - probably had lingering smoke clouds and a drink cart near the production set. :mooner:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

My buddy calls me up and asks “why weren’t you at my Halloween party last night?”

I told him I was. 

“Really?” He says “maybe I didn’t recognize you in costume- who did you go as?” 

I said “the absent Christ.”

Ba dum bum…I’m here all week folks

Dude....I was at your last show and thought I would share a little of the video I captured....I'd always wondered why you wouldnt do two shows a night!

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Dude....I was at your last show and thought I would share a little of the video I captured....I'd always wondered why you wouldnt do two shows a night!

love it!!!!!

in my opinion Michael is still the best Batman - and he has great performances in Spotlight, Bird Man and Dope Sick. 

of course, Beetlejuice, Night Shift, Mister Mom and Multiplicity showcase his funny side

10 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

love it!!!!!

in my opinion Michael is still the best Batman - and he has great performances in Spotlight, Bird Man and Dope Sick. 

of course, Beetlejuice, Night Shift, Mister Mom and Multiplicity showcase his funny side

He's awesome! Was great in Jackie Brown as a arrogant young atf agent

6 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

He's awesome! Was great in Jackie Brown as a arrogant young atf agent

oh shoot - I forgot he was in Jackie Brown - I love that movie - got it on DVD :dance:

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Taking the deke to a whole new level.

oh stop - I can see right through your fake out (said as I cautiously look about trying to see where Waysider is)

Back to topic  :rolleyes:  

This is part of what I posted on another thread  > here  - I thought it’s an interesting distinction to make with wierwille’s the Word takes the place of the absent Christ… 

…an intellectual pursuit is substituted for developing a relationship with Jesus Christ and following in His footsteps; instead of WWJD = what would Jesus do?  A TWI-follower’s subconscious motto tends to be WWwT = what would wierwille think?  There’s little concern for imitating the selflessness and compassion of someone we think we know a lot about and so we don’t bother reading the Gospels because they’re not written to us anyway. Instead a TWI-follower will tend to frame a problem with what would wierwille think about that? When I was in-residence, we watched LCM’s video VP and Me and he explains at the beginning of his presidency he would visualize how wierwille would handle an issue. See a previous post on this thread  >  here  …although if you go to the link I gave above – you’ll see how I developed this idea further

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Back to topic  :rolleyes:  

This is part of what I posted on another thread  > here  - I thought it’s an interesting distinction to make with wierwille’s the Word takes the place of the absent Christ… 

…an intellectual pursuit is substituted for developing a relationship with Jesus Christ and following in His footsteps; instead of WWJD = what would Jesus do?  A TWI-follower’s subconscious motto tends to be WWwT = what would wierwille think?  There’s little concern for imitating the selflessness and compassion of someone we think we know a lot about and so we don’t bother reading the Gospels because they’re not written to us anyway. Instead a TWI-follower will tend to frame a problem with what would wierwille think about that? When I was in-residence, we watched LCM’s video VP and Me and he explains at the beginning of his presidency he would visualize how wierwille would handle an issue. See a previous post on this thread  >  here  …although if you go to the link I gave above – you’ll see how I developed this idea further

Well,

it's obvious, but only to those who lived through it and saw it directly, that in twi under vpw, when it was said that "The Word takes the place of the absent Christ," what's meant is that "wierwille's words take the place of Christ, who's not here to object."   So, "What would wierwille think"  really did become a thing, no matter who would be slow to admit it.  Frankly, they probably should have just sold bumper stickers with that on them.