GreaseSpot Cafe

Are The Dead Alive Now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 5:31 AM, cman said:

the resurrection is an ongoing perpetual now never stopping, world without end

I wonder with regard to bad people who committed crimes such as murder with the thievery of money and other bad crimes with out being arrested and charged for their crimes. Right after their death, perhaps for 1 second, does cman think they are resurrected to go to heaven with eternal life? Or go to so called hell with eternal torment?  Or something else? 

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

15 hours ago, cman said:

why do you keep bringing up the same accusations against me?

heaven and hell are the same thing, same fire

Regarding accusations, cman looks like the only accusations genius on this forum. For example, when he typed "I guess you boys are the beginning and end of all knowledge and wisdom. You know, there might be more than you think." It looks like he does not know or wants to ignore that there is more than he thinks also. If I had a question asked to me like I asked to cman. I would have answered it by even quoting from the bible the following verses.

Revelation 20:11-15

The Great White Throne Judgement

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.  (NKJV)

This judgement could be considered a supreme court. God and his Son Jesus Christ are the only geniuses for this type of judgement before the new heaven and new earth as read in Revelation chapters 21 and 22.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:21 PM, Mike said:
On 7/28/2023 at 4:09 PM, cman said:

john was talking so why does this seem like prophesy?

???

more like why does it seem and taken as like telling the future? when it could be talking about real time experiences, even if one person, John, is doing it

On 7/29/2023 at 8:31 AM, cman said:

the resurrection is an ongoing perpetual now never stopping, world without end

Hi CMAN!

After reading some of your posts, I take it that you adhere to the past fulfillment or preterist explanation of eschatology? I may be wrong but you seem to be a full preterist by your above statement.

I'm an oddball in the sense that I adhere to elements of both full preterism and partial preterism. For example, I see the first resurrection of Revelation 20 being fulfilled near to the destruction of Jerusalem at 70AD. That tends to be a full preterist point of view. However I see the "thousand years" as in progress with Rev. 20:7-10 still yet to be fulfilled in our future.  This point of view tends to be more of a reformed partial preterist point of view. Revelation 21 tends to be literalized by the dispensational futurist camp which I was a member of until around 2006. Heaven and Earth to first century Jews and Christians was simply a reference to the temple. https://www.reenactingtheway.com/blog/when-heaven-and-earth-passed-away-everything-changed879420187179853150181

If the new Jerusalem were literal the dimensions of it that is described in Rev 21 would reach into outer space. I take the symbolic point of view.

Edited by Exidor

15 hours ago, Exidor said:

After reading some of your posts, I take it that you adhere to the past fulfillment or preterist explanation of eschatology? I may be wrong but you seem to be a full preterist by your above statement.

I'm not sure what all that means, but glad you responded.

Revelations does not pertain to some human event as if some group thing happens. I think it's internal. Each person individually.