GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bible, as the revealed word and will of God, is always DECLINING

Twinky

6 hours ago, cman said:

hm psalms

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

You won't get that from your books.

Mike doesn't want you to forget that Psalms wasn't written to you. He doesn't want you to forget that if it doesn't fit, you can just cross it out.

3 hours ago, waysider said:

In PFAL, VPW proclaims the Bible to be the revealed word and will of God. To emphasize the importance of this, he stresses that the world is unaware of this fact. (the greatest secret) He then goes on to say that the Bible, as we know it, is not accurate.  So, which is it? Is it the revealed word and will of God or is it a book that's inaccurate? This is all (if I remember correctly) in the very first session of the class. Oh, but wait, "I know how to interpret it to make it accurate."  "But, don't you interpret it yourself because it can't be interpreted."  I wonder what life would have been like if I had just given some serious thought to the obvious contradictions in what he was saying.

As you know, it is also written in the PFAL book. The text has been cited here by a few posters, including Mike.

Mike doesn't want you to forget what we were "taught" -- no translation or version of the Bible is the word, because of errors.

The key to solving for these errors is comparing one erroneous translation with another erroneous translation, one erroneous version with another erroneous version. Compare the errors, chose one (an error) that fits, or else make up a new translation. BOOM! Accuracy.

I wish you could read it in the original, which we don't have -- that's in the class, as well.

Don't forget!

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Mike doesn't want you to forget that Psalms wasn't written to you. He doesn't want you to forget that if it doesn't fit, you can just cross it out.

lol, yeah none of the bible was written to me Scripture is God breathed but not written to me, although I hear it so clearly sometimes.....when the spirit of god shows me things....

17 hours ago, Mike said:

Circumstances and false evidence, discouraging evidence pile up all the time, and at the same time the memory of all the benefits of God erodes unless refreshed.  All the original reasons to believe can be slowly forgotten if the natural memory degradation is not fought.

as a man thinks in his heart there mike

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...