GreaseSpot Cafe

The Peeler Case

bowtwi

Oldsie,

As I already told you were neighbors come on over wave.gif:wave:-->

So imho, if u can't answer those simple question, i suggest as my dear Granny would say, "Take the cotton out of your ears, and put it in your mouth"

I think there may be hope for u after all. icon_smile.gif:)-->

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by oldiesman:

[... Although I will say that in some cases, I take their side because of the obnoxious and unrelenting attacks against them.

Oldies. . .It's medication time!

I WAS there (TWI-2)... and IT was OBNOXIOUS AS HELL and unrelenting! They have earned their attacks, as has TWI-1.

• 8 months later...

After a quick skim through this thread, I'll leave my input here:

Yes, I gave money to The Way International-- with a certain understanding.

I gave it with the understanding that:

The money I contributed was to go to "move the word." The people living on that money had a fiduciary responsiblity to spend it in the manner it was represented to me that it would be spent. I had a right to expect that the money would be spent frugally, sensibly, and appropriately in "moving the Word of God."

I would have never given one red cent if I had known it went to paying for $1500 suits, Bruno Mali shoes, and paying hotel rooms in which menage trois made a moggy sandwich-- all so I could live on less than half of what my income was with no allowance for savings: giving not only the tithe, but abundant sharing, and paying for all the REQUIRED attendance to functions, classes, events, and purchase of bookstore publications, not to mention all the annual birthday, anniversary, and holiday gifts to every hotshot up and down the Way Tree.

However, having said that I gave the money with the understanding that it would be used to "move the Word," I also gave it with the understanding that:

If I did NOT give, I would NOT prosper.

God would not spit in my direction unless I went above 15%.

To obtain the "blessing" and "protection" of the "household," I would have to live on a "need basis." That meant that everything that did not go to put a tin roof over my head, peanut butter in my baby's mouth, and second hand clothes on our backs, MUST go to The Way International, or disaster would befall us.

It was extortion, plain and simple. Flat out protection money, and it went to things I never agreed to pay for.

TWI and its designated ministers misrepresented to me what the money was to be used for.

To me, that is fraud.

They also used veiled and open threats in order to obtain more money from their followers.

To me, that is extortion.

Peeler vs. TWI et al is now before the TN Appelate Court in Knoxville. The Peelers' co-attorneys, Lawrence Levy & Mike Anderson, will attempt to place perspective on TWI's attempt to sling the mud of irrelevant First Amendment issues [TWI's beliefs] on the wall. TWI's beliefs are NOT the issue in the litigation; it is the CONDUCT, actions, behaviors, practices, etc that are the legal issues.

Hopefully the decision of this Appelate court will be to remand the case back to TN State Circuit Court in Chattanooga, where Judge Marie Williams is to preside over the jury trial.

If remanded, the jury trial date in Chattanooga could possibly be scheduled between July & September 2006.

jkb