GreaseSpot Cafe

What is the "1" Thing?

LooKout

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the friendship part, but if a friend wants to stop a relationship over a group thinking somone may be wrong for them I am not sure the relationship was all what I should want.

My friendships have endured twi (some are still very much "in" and loving it) off shoots, divorces and much much more , some not all but I think people move away from one another at a natural course of growth (or not) for each person.

Lookout

how did twi take away your ability to love someone without judging?

geez after all I went through with being marked and avoided I learned how judgement hurts so very deep and my experience with twi left with with a big huge capacity to stop and love someone before listening to what others may say about the situation.

Twi gave me the ability to be true to what I really really think and feel about another with honesty. Watching everyone fight and agrue about doctrine and who said what all these years has made me truly think for myself and consider what I think would be the most loving before any other source.

I never would have learned how connected the body of Christ is without twi, I never would have learned how each one of us can help or hurt another on the path of life so very deeply.

I can not blame the bible standards on twi, as I do not think they actualy did use the bible standards and grace was a bigger sell at the time. certainly not morals judgements.

I learned how people can judge one so severly in twi, for the wrong reasons and saw a very ugly outcome of it, it made me notice for the rest of my life loud and clear to not do it.

mf,

quote:
Lookout

how did twi take away your ability to love someone without judging?

Please re-read my post, my question was "what would "you take or want given back fron TWI???"

Did I say they took it from me? Maybe, I gave it to them. Maybe I just want it back, whether I gave it (foolishly)to them or not.

Mj, why are you so defensive? It's as though you are trying to "head em (any responses) off at the pass."

Please just let people speak.

You may learn something.

LooKout

[This message was edited by LooKout on February 20, 2004 at 19:23.]

God

Hi Look Out

God bless your heart but guess what we can not control the answers we get from a post

Friends for me is the thing I like to have back

And let me say most of us do not care of worldly things but what we care about is people

We can still get all those old books but few want them and after that what is there

Unless the Way took a car or house from some one

So the thing for me is friends

with love Roy

With love and peace Roy

Good, bad, or indifferent...

I am the sum of all my decisions and life experiences.

In twi I enjoyed the friendships I made.

After twi, I am saddened by friendships lost.

For me, it's hard to move forward while continiously looking back. I remember what is behind me. At times I glance back. At times it is needfull to be reminded of things gone by. I never want to forget the people and times that brought a smile to my face. When I remember the times of sorrow, it still brings a tear to my eye.

My goals and dreams are ahead of me, not behind.

plus i see that you edited your response

so sorry again

my dreams were very important to me, at one time they were all i had

then i got in the way because i thought it would help my dreams come true

at times i'm very ....ed off at wierwille

?

[This message was edited by pawtucket on February 21, 2004 at 2:20.]

quote:
Originally posted by LooKout:

After TWI, What is the "1" thing (and only 1) you would take or want given back fron TWI???

Nothing is an Ok answer.

My answer: The ability to Love without judging.

I once was able to; Along time ago.

LooKout

maybe I am reading it

wrong I read you were once able to along (I think you mean a long ) time ago .

but can not now .

you say your answer is to love without Judging.

to the question of the 1 thing twi would take or given back from twi.

I think that is the biggest thing Twi taught me is to be able to love without judging but obviously you do struggle with it . lol

I do not thanks to what I learned from the people in twi.

do not judge me if you chose not to , Im not in the least defensive we just disagree and you can still chose to love me without judgement twi isnt making you think any thoughts at all .

I have to agree with Ex (in her earlier post) about the youthful dreams. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Back then (1975 or so), I felt like I had FINALLY done something right, was with the correct group, and had answers to everything. So much for that! icon_frown.gif:(-->

Would love to feel the same again now, almost 30 years after the fact. That is what I would like back. icon_cool.gif