GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI commercial posted on their site

BackForty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2Strange- I just tried also and got a not authorized error- both to the video page and theway.com home page- they have probably closed the site- perhaps they are removing the video link as we speak? icon_wink.gif;)-->

The more I think about his video and why it was produced, the more I suspect that its primary purpose was to first to bolster the TWI leaderships image- first in their own eyes and secondly to the rest of the "household". If it brought in new people- that would be an added benefit.

TWI bought this ad in which they were "selected from 5 other non profit groups" because they were doing such a "good job"

I contrast this infomercial with some of the charges with the Peeler law suit:

“ 14. In pursuit of its mission, TWI recruits affiliates, followers and adherents. TWI requests, requires, demands and receives income from its adherents as “contributions”. TWI indoctrinates affiliates, adherents and followers in order to gain control over their personal lives, careers and finances to purport TWI’s covert agenda and questionable pursuits.

15. TWI Conducts its business in such a manner that affiliates, adherents and followers are “conditioned” and/or encouraged to become economically and psychologically dependent on TWI and its leadership…”

I think the lawsuits and its depositions really bothered the TWI Leadership. Imagine what would happen if this suit were granted class action status or similar suits were filed and TWI had to settle or face insolvency.

In addition since the video page is below a page labeled current news I also suspect they plan on similar stunts. We shall see.

While I hope the outcry this infomercial has stirred up here has blocked its use by TWI, the leadership will probably use the old logic - since the adversary used "tripped out grads" to block our use of this infomercial we must be doing something right! Thus reinforcing their distorted self-image.

wasn't born to follow-

false doctrines

The production was very stiff and square

and seems to be aimed at aging baby boomers as there was absolutely nothing that would appeal

to the youth of today. Damn, everybody looks so

old now.

Frankly I don't mind that TWI did this as it

drew them out into the open and gave former

followers a great oppurtunity to provide

feedback to others on just how treacherous

and whacked TWI truly is. For the longest

time they have been flying under the radar

and have operated with some measure of secrecy

but now that they've come up for air it makes

them vulnerable.

OK, I was never even in TWI (thank you GOD!) and I seriously thought I was going to puke when I saw that infomercial. I was yelling so loudly that my roommates all came in my room to see what I was watching. That is just absolutely revolting. I made everyone I know watch it and even they all agreed it was like watching something fake. Hmmm, like a cult perhaps.

That is disgusting. I still feel sick to my stomach. How could MSNBC advertise a cult!? I've got much better stories for them about TWI. Maybe they'll make a commercial about that one day. It seems all I need is $29,000.

Ick. icon_mad.gif

-RW

I just watched that commercial and just had to laugh at what a bunch of old fogies TWI makes themselves out to be!!! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

They are sitting in a library surrounded by ancient looking books, and a card catalog. icon_razz.gif:P-->

The homes featured where fellowships are taking place are decorated with ZERO style, color, or flair.

They all appear stiff, stilted, and OLD!!! Not a ministry I would be attracted to at all - and I am part of the highly desirable demographic that is returning to churches by the droves right now (mid-30's, young family, returning to the church).

Once again - they have no clue! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

DeColores! B-

quote:
Originally posted by danteh1:

Would there be any way 'WE' here at GScafe can get our own "2" minute comercial (without letting out what orginizations are mainly covered) put out on the air???

We could make our own commercial, and I would gladly donate money to it as others around here would, but even then it would be extremely expensive, moreso than anyone here can afford.

If you want to expose them, the easiest way is to get them on the news.