GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI commercial posted on their site

BackForty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, if only The Way were truly what they make it out to be in that carefully crafted little bit of video propaganda... One thing that's obvious: They really ARE on the hunt for "fresh resources". This video, posted prominantly on their website, amounts to a new tactic---probably the first of many new tactics. Time will tell if it manages to reel-in any significant numbers of the unsuspecting...

I just talked to Pat who told me he was again in contact this morning with a senior operations manager at Broadcast News Channel.

They were unaware, until Pat faxed them a copy of TWI's page, that they were making the video available on their website.

TWI does not own the copyright according to the senior manager, and the manager was very tight lipped about giving out information beyond that.

Pat's opinion is that TWI has really stepped in it, and their attorney's will probably be busy with yet another lawsuit.

It would be poetic justice if they were sued for copyright infringement after the threats they have made to him for alleged copyright infringement for owning the domain name thewayinternational.com .........

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

[This message was edited by IMF777 on February 12, 2004 at 10:48.]

I hope EVERY potential new person gets to see that video!! Oh my God--- what a horrible, DULL, flat, boring group of people!!!

There was NOTHING even remotly attractive about that promotion.

Granted --we left in the late '80's but the 'feel' of the ministry was so different then.

I guess I am just blown away at what twi really turned into. I am just appalled at the ...somthing-- and I don't even know the words!! poor God. "his" people have no energy.

I finally got the stomach to watch it. Terry Bradshaw was the best speaker...I feel sorry for him being duped into reading lies about twi. #1) TWI did not start in 1942...that is a LIE!

Many other lies regarding TWI household fellowships. They are NOT patterned after the first century church!!!!!

TWI is NOT about people having the "more abundant life" that Jesus talked about ! TWI is about material abundance. It is another "name it and claim it" or a "blab and grab" ministry. The TWI leaders are notorious for their love of money; and loving things and using people for their selfish gains.

The twi research dept is a joke. They fired all the real educated and qualified researchers that were on staff. i gotta go... before this twi video really makes me mad.

What really turned my stomach was the "focus on the family" garbage being spewed.

People are looking for ways to heal marriages and families. If someone watching that circus that day were in ongoing family crises, they may have been pulled to grasp at yet another straw and give twi a try.

The very first time I ever experienced The Way International tearing apart a family was in 1975. The Way International sent an attorney from hq to connive in a divorce in my area. What ended up happening is that because The Way International representatives painted both parents in such a bad light, the child ended up in state's custody. All so that the father would end up out of the way (pun intended) and the mother could go Way Corps without the "burden" of her child.

That piece of garbage video at one place stated that the home fellowships are handled by the head of household.

Again I barf!

The rest of that story is that The Way International has historically put so much pressure on that "head of household" to bend to The Way International leadership's demands even to the point of expecting a man's wife to perform for that leadership sexually.

Yeah...right...let The Way International into your family...that'll "cure" the problems...forever...just like death cures all problems.

Barf!

?????????????

Ohhh cw THAT is horrible...omg I dearly wish cnbc...terry bradshaw and that imus guy could be made aware of the evils of the group they so blythly promoted....

ps...ya suppose waygb has sent out the red alert to twi`s lawyers scrambeling after reading imf`s post about legal ramifications??? Hope they are sweating bullets right about now.

I am so mad that TWI has this little two-minute propaganda video to use as a witnessing tool. I agree with 2life, that it does show a “dull, flat, boring group of people,” but it is two-minutes of legitimacy to most uninformed, gullible, and desperate (just the way TWI likes em) people. In the environment of a “public ex” with the fake “love bombing” and high pressure “sign the green card,” this is a terrible tool in the hands of TWI.

I hope that Terry Bradshaw steps in and refuses to let TWI use his name and status to promote themselves.

It makes me sick to think of TWI wrapping themselves in the respectability of a major news network (MSNBC) and a recognized sportscaster.

LooKout

quote:
Originally posted by CoolWaters:

Oh, and I will not forget the children abused physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and sexually _at the hands of The Way International leadership under the guise of "children's fellowship"._

_?????????????_

Coolwaters,

I was minicorp f12 and I lived at RC then HQ from 85-94 and no one ever sexually abused me, ever. I was spanked with a wooden spoon but nothing else ever happened. and I dont know of any children that were abused sexually.

Shortly after my mom found waydale she asked me about that and I told her the same I am saying here. Maybe my temperment they knew I'd say something and other kids wouldnt. That is basically why we were kicked off campus; cause I could think for myself, I could get myself ready to go each day without my mother's input.

It's actually better if she's not there in the morning. But they could not understand a 13 yr old that was independant.

Wow. It makes you want run right out and sign up, doesn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Does anybody know if the way paid for this thing or not?

This "Pick of the Week" website makes it sound like they do all kinds of research to find these great companies and organizations to feature, but my guess is these are nothing but infomercials.

Pick of the Week

Is it my imagination, or does Rosalie look exactly like Dale Evans?

At 13 they were spanking you with a wooden spoon??? Megan...that in itself is pretty rediculous...completely inapropriate for a teen..degrading as well as humiliating... as I understand it ...any adult on grounds had that authority.

Sometimes I think that it will take growing older and having children of your own before you will see the wrongness of some of what was inflicted on you....