GreaseSpot Cafe

I JUST SAW A COMMERCIAL FOR THE WAY INTERNATIONAL ON MSNBC!!

RottieGrrrl

I'm NOT KIDDING. I'm sitting here watching MSNBC Imus in the morning, and getting a cup of coffee. All of a sudden I hear "The Way International" I sort of half turn, and there is a woman talking about bibical fellowship with the name Rosalie Rivenbark (or whatever) underneath her talking head.

I saw Harvey Platag (or something like that) and John Rupp. Also some guy with some french last name.

The commercial lasted like 2 minutes. Then some guy came on called Terry Bradshaw and said "this is Terry Bradshaw's pick of the week!"

I can't believe it.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be time to pump up GS's standings in Google.

Searching for "The Way International" doesn't provide a hit for here, unless it is beyond page 3.

CES has a sponsored link right at the top though. Maybe GS should do the same?

Good morning Rottie...How interesting. If you do a search on Terry's bio he claims to be a Southern Baptist.

You know how TWI can make it look like someone who is famous is associated with them..

GS has taken many from that cult and new ones lurk here everyday. Personally, I believe it was a waste of ABS for TWI.

I would love to know what the innies thought about that commercial. I think it is funny but not shocking. Nothing TWI does could shock me anymore. They are so unpredictable..

TV will sell jsut about anything to anybody if the money is there.Just think about Janet at the superbowl..Excuses-Excuses-Excuses when the audience starts giving them hell.

I did a search on Terry Bradshaw and The Way International and I got a tongue in cheek page from some website called Christian heritage online about what if the Way had run the Superbowl, and it started out like this.

"Many years ago back in the former ministry, it had been rumored that two members of the Patriots had taken the class on Power For Abundant Living (PFAL). "

So I guess maybe the rumors were true? I also put his name in Google news and found out he does suffer from clinical depression.

None of this means anything of course but I'm just throwing this out there. I just can't believe I saw a commercial for the Way. And such a long one! I kept checking the channel to make sure it wasn't some weird station that maybe I accidently flipped on but no, it was MSNBC during a break in Imus in the Morning.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

quote:
Originally posted by Shellon:

How so Bob? Threaten to with hold his meds?

No. I meant it as to how his state of mind was susceptable to them.

I was also suffering from depression when TWI found me. The love and sense of family (as it "appeared" to be) was the hook. It brought relief to the burden weighing down constantly. Of course, it turned out to be fake...

Bob wrote:

quote:
Might be time to pump up GS's standings in Google.

How do we do that Bob?

I'm amazed that TWI would have a TV commercial. More surprised that someone like Terry Bradshaw didn't do their research and look further down the Google page at all the sites that accuse TWI of being a cult. I think if anyone does Google TWI, they'd look past the first link.

Hope R. color>size>face>

...I don't know who I am but life is for learning... we are stardust...size>face>color>

I'm going to tune in tomorrow at the same time to see if they run it again. It was like 6:55am. (CST) So I'm going to tune in around 6:45am. It have been a one time thing, or they may have run it before, who knows?

I never paid attention to Terry Bradshaw's pick of the week before. This sure got my attention.

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!

Tony Collins was at WIB in New Orleans in 1985 or 86. Cant remember, but I have a pic of him on stage!!!

Dont know who the other football player is though.

Thanks for making us aware of this RottieGrrl.

The decisions we make today form our future.

A good friend who knows Bradshaw is leting him know who TWI is. They have also called, and talked to a producer, and they were unaware of who TWI was.

They were not happy after finding out. My friend is also awaiting a call from the legal dept of MSNBC. The number that takes complaints is 201-583-5000

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

That would be Irving Fryer (Fryar?)

He played with Tony Collins for the New England Patriots in the mid eighties.

Tony and Irving were used badly by Loy Boy after they got involved with TWI. Their celebrity status was touted loudly and they were set up as poster children of sorts.

Irving had his own problems. He was all over the news for some domestic abuse issues. The Patriots went to the Super Bowl in one of these years ( I think it was the Super Bowl or perhaps a playoff game. Regardless it was a big televised game.) and Irving was shown playing with a big bandage on his hand after his wife sliced his hand with a kitchen knife, alledgely to defend herself (I think). I think there was also some substance abuse issues with Irving.

After the drug incidents with Tony and this with Irving suddenly they weren't the golden children anymore. L Craiger didn't want the ministry damaged by such scandals.

If we knew then what we know now...

One thing I would like to point out.

We don't know that Terry Bradshaw is involved with TWI. Not doubting what you saw Rottie Grrl, we just don't know why his name was associated with it.

I would think if they had a big name celebrity touting their wares he would be one of the first things you'd see on their website.

Just a thought...