GreaseSpot Cafe

QUESTION

Cowgirl

I'm being honest here, I just don't understand. All this stuff that keeps getting written about Twi and it's leadership day after day, post after post, doncha kind of of want to close that chapter in your life and not keep rehashing and reminding yourself of all the horrors about it?

I've heard people say they post cause they want the innies to sse the garbage, but I really believe that there's already more than enough for them to read!

But what's it doing to your own life (something that you despised so much) to keep reliving it over and over again, day after day?

Don't you honestly think it gets kind of redundant and kind of keeps you back instead of moving ahead?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so.

Going over the stuff time and again, in lively discussions, gets the brain juices moving. Helps dig out the crap still remaining.

Besides, there are many innies that lurk here. I think the ongoing discussions help them.

***edited to remove a word I don't use anymore...can't believe I used it....there I go again!!!!

In my case, I don't often post on those threads. Smatter of fact, I often avoid them, because they get boring and repetitive.

I mostly post in the Open forum, the Computers forum, the Reading forum, and the Humor forum.

But don't downplay the necessity of the threads being there for innies - I occasionally hear from innies that are *very* grateful for the info that is there.

Sigh....every once in a while someone will ask this question....I have to wonder why it would matter to anyone else what I wanted to say or how many different ways I needed to say it...

An honest answere to your question would be that you may not understand or accept what others talk about as beneficial to you personally, however your personal preferance in noway eliminates the merits of what is said for others.....

One cannot fit all of us in a mold of when enough is enough....and if I enjoy it.... shoot, I will continue to bitch for just as long as it suits me.....(after all I was forced to shut up for over 15 years).....now it is MY turn :-)

so no...I don`t believe for one miniute it holds me back....if it is redundant to you.... just skip over my posts...lol

Edited by rascal

We're all different and in different places on our journey, CG. icon_smile.gif:)--> Just because you think a certain way, or have a certain path doesn't mean I think the same way or have the same path. I'm just being honest here, too, but doesn't your post sound just a wee bit judgemental? Why are you asking those things?

It's not rehashing to me. I have been out and divorced for under a year. This is my first chance to really say things I've been wanting to say for years. I'm glad that there are people still around to discuss these things with me.

I have also started threads based on questions I've been asked by innies who want and hope to get answers from here. Some are going through what I went through for the past five years. I want to help them.

You've been around here long enough to know that your question comes up every once in a while and you're going to see the same answers, most likely. AND you'll continue to judge those who post here AND people will continue to post here AND Paw will continue "hooking" people up. icon_smile.gif:)-->

If it's not for you, then it's not for you and not one person is going to make you come here. Really. But it's not your place to judge the rest of us.

Steve, I'm pretty much where you are, I hardly ever read the Way stuff anymore, I've moved on with my life and have pretty much closed that chapter in my life and I don't mean that from a pompous attitude.

I guess I just don't understand why some people just keep going on and on about every negative thing that happened to them in the ministry.

Like I said before I believe there's more than enough reading material on Twi and it's leadership for the innies to make an informed decision.

I know some people could say, then you just don't have to go into the Way Forum and read it if it bothers you. But that is not my point. I just think that some people are kinda stuck in a rut and can't seem to just close that chapter and move on. And please understand me I am not trying to invalidate anyone's experience but I think there comes a time when you just got to move on and live the rest of your life in the present, that's all.

Cowgirl

Some of us were in that rot-hole for over twenty years. You do have an honest question- but some people take quite a while to really "get over it".

Especially with the kind of time an resources we dumped down the hole.

That was kind of the question I had when I first started reading some of the posts here.

Then I started remembering things- and stuff really started adding up. So I think it has a useful purpose.

I don't see the same people post all the time either- I can think of quite a few that I haven't seen a post from for a very long time. Most seem to be newcomers, like Belle, Bob, and all the other nice folks.

Yeah cowgirl, but maybe you thinking that we are in a rut might just mean that you are not uderstanding what is going on.....no problem, seriously. You might consider that just becasue you think that folks should move on, or that is what you have done and is best for you personally....it certainly does not necessarily make it the right thing for someone else to do.

Seems like you are trying to put your shoe (what works for you) on someone elses foot that it may not fit. It doesn`t always work....know what I mean? Your shoe might hurt my foot, and for you to be mad at me for not wanting to wear your shoe, is kind of silly.

quote:
I just think that some people are kinda stuck in a rut and can't seem to just close that chapter and move on.

I'm in no rut!

I spent 10 years in that crap hole. Am I to ignore that 10 years? No way. It is a part of me. I'm not going "close that chapter" and just ignore it.

I think "closing the chapter" is burying it under a carpet so it doesn't have to be dealt with.

** I see a cat fight starting. icon_smile.gif:)--> My money's on Belle! wink2.gif;)-->

CG:

You referred to reasons that people give for posting here and rejected them. So you've heard the reasons, and if you hear them again you'll in all likelyhood reject them again. That's your privelege.

Honestly, I don't understand why you're asking the question...you already know the answers that folks will give icon_biggrin.gif:D--> - you just don't agree with 'em...again, your privelege.

Heck, I don't understand why you start so many threads with titles that give no clue as to what the topic actually is, but I'm not criticizing...oops, I guess I just did banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifredface.gif:o--> banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

What's up, CG? Are you having a bad day? Did something from the past come up and bite you on the @$$ today? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I don't see anything judgmental in my post to you. I certainly didn't mean it to be that way, but you ride in here with your ALL CAPITAL LETTER QUESTION high horse and tell us that you just can't understand why we keep posting here and why we haven't "gotten over it" and "moved on with our life" like you have. I'm not going to let you talk to me like that. Just saying you don't mean something "pompously" does NOT mean that it doesn't come across that way. You know it does or you wouldn't have tried to dismiss it.

How do you know how much is enough information for an innie? How do you know that just reading old threads instead of participating and reading and watching "live" action on a site it enough for someone? How do you know how long is long enough for someone to post on here? How do you know how much it takes to heal or "get over" the things that happened to some of the people on here? Are you God? You sure seem to think so.

CG, everyone heals at different rates.

Some people never need a counselor, some need one for a few weeks, some need one for years.

For some here, yes, it is *very* therapeutic to get it all out, because more keeps coming out, little by little.

With over 6 BILLION people in the world, there is NO SUCH THING as "one size fits all".

no -

1. no one can decide what it takes for another to heal

2. when you know something is evil....should you not tell anyone?

3. Open forums are for non-way things....and many posters only post there.

4. I keep checking "about the way"because this is where many come out of the closet if you will.

5. Where else are ya gonna talk about the way...when you need/want (I hated typing that) to do that...many people ONLY have the internet to that

The one thing I know I learned by going through my "way" experience is how wrong it is to judge where others are at or why they do what they do. I can make judgements like, I dont plan on talking -hanging out with or communication with so'n'so, but I wont jump to conclusions about them.

Lianne Pierce

PS I also come to this particuler forum in hopes That one day, there will be a post...."Way out of Business" Yepper...almost as good as Christ coming back!

I think that when you first get to GSC, you are amazed that there are so many people who shared or at least understand your "past", not unlike siblings who grew up in an abusive household.

Not many people understand the terror the threat of being M&A is, and if the truth be told noone else but an ex-twi will giggle as much if you mention athletes in tights.

So, you find this great place and you watch and "talk" and realize it's safe, then you share yourself.

People don't heal, trust, or love, at the same pace and like any other tramatic event different things bring it to the forfront. I can't imagine that the majority of GSC'ers are walking around 24/7 thinking about twi, but they most likely think about it daily.

How could they not? It wasn't part of your life..it was your life, it dictated everything.

To say close the door on it is to say disregard for some more than 1/2 there lives.

GSC, allows for questions that can be answered no where else, I know that my family stills thinks I was a fool for ever being involved, and they will never understand.

There is a comfort in seeing others who where there got out and made it, not just for innies but for everyone. There is comfort in knowing that other people made the same mistakes that I did.

I think that closing the door on any tramtic experience leads you no where but down.

Cowgirl, you said

Like I said before I believe there's more than enough reading material on Twi and it's leadership for the innies to make an informed decision.

ok where is this info? on the web? most of the links are gone, a book? as far as I can tell only one real book has been written..

and it should be said that most of the material that is available is pushing another group. Is there an unbiased puplication on twi, that retells everything? If there is let me know I've looked everywhere.

I also think that it is difficult (for me)to understand why somedays I miss it, then I remember I miss the love(and there was love in my area), I miss the laughter and I miss the people, so I come here and laugh and argue, cry and remember, also I hope that I help someone, even if that help is a smile or nod that someone understands them.

If we all waited to "UNDERSTAND" why people do what they need to do....we would be waiting a long time

I certainly have moved on with my life...ask anybody who deals with me on the outside of greasespot.

But validation and judgment of what is "morally" or ethically the right way to handle multiple experiences is singleminded and frankly aligns with egoist subjective ethics...not a real effective system -for making decisions in a pluralistic society such as greasepot.

Lianne Pierce

quote:
But validation and judgment of what is "morally" or ethically the right way to handle multiple experiences is singleminded and frankly aligns with egoist subjective ethics...

These wise quotes are making me mad with joy.

I love this thread. Lots of good opinions.

4_1_105.gif

I wanted to ask an honest question but obviously it rubbed some of you the wrong way and I apologize.

My intention was never from a judgemental point of view. Maybe I worded it wrong and it came across that way and I apologize for that. I never meant to step on anyone's toes or hit a sore spot and I wasn't trying to invalidate anyone's experience, I really was just trying to understand.....

Cowgirl

Cow girl, I think that we are struggling to try to tell you why it is so important to us to be allowed to continue to speak.

It has nothing to do with not moving on, or being in a rut....

When you use terms like this, it appears as if there is something wrong or inapropriate with what we are doing.

as I have to tell my spouse many times....just cause he doesn`t *get it* does not mean that it is irrelevant or unimportant.

Don`t worry about us....lol we are doing what we need for reasons that are uniquely important:-)