GreaseSpot Cafe

Your Jewelry Is Ready

OnionEater

Back in the early 80's two people gave me jewelry to be repaired at Twig Fellowship. For some reason they never picked it up. If you can describe to me what it was and what needed to be done I will gladely send it to you. Respond here and send e-mail with description to onioneater49@yahoo.com

The jewelery has been sitting on my bench for 20 years. No charge.

Item #1

From a WOW in the Waterville, Maine area.

Item #2

Someone who lived in NY City ( A Jew for Jesus ) and visited me at my camp on the Carrabasset River.

Thus Sayeth "The OnionEater"

Ayuh

OK Onion...I can hardly believe you posted this!!!!!!

The other day, while cleaning, I came across 2 14kt gold holy spirit doves. One, the typical twi lapel pin, the second was just a 14kt outline dove (to be put on a necklace).

A hippie type guy from upstate NY gave them to me at the rock to sell for him. Well...I sold one (originally there were 3)...and have the same $30 sitting in a plastic baggie. He never gave me his address (go figure icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> ) and don't ask me why, but, somehow I thought I'd run into him at the ROA the following year.

I didn't.

20 years later, here it all sits...

I'm sure this hippie guy is some old codger somewhere and may need his money and the other 2 pins back.

Are you out there? icon_smile.gif:)-->

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OE -- no it is not my jewelry, and I don't mean to derail this thread, but I gotta know -- Were you ever a wow in Duluth Mn. ??

I forget the man's name, but he was wow here, and a hell-uv-a jewelsmith. He did all sorts of stuff for the locals, as well as twi hdqtrs. His job while wow was at the leading jewelry store in town.

Was that you? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Actually Onion Muncher, I think that one of them might be mine...it was a blue wow pin and you were supposed to turn it into a roachclip for me...but that was a long time ago...keep it.

The real question here is how in the world did Wacky hold on to $30 for 20 years!!! icon_eek.gif

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread reminded me of a story....

During my first year in residence I was sent to the Indiana Campus to work for several months during the end of the year.

I remember it was summer time because we had to pick strawberries in the heat of the sun. It was so hot. People were fainting from the heat.

Then one day we were sent out to the corn fields. The plow had just gone by the corn rows and our job was to go behind it and dig out the corn plants from under the dirt. The corn was very small still, they were just little plants. So like good little obedient in-residence corps, we were digging out the corn plants from under the dirt.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this shiny thing under the dirt. I dug deeper and pulled it out. To my surprise, it was a holy spirit ruby ring. It was gold, with the ruby stone and the holy spirit dove inside of the stone. I later found out that this was one of the earlier rings because the dove was inlayed INSIDE the stone instead of on top.

Anyway, I picked up the ring and told a couple of people and they told me to hold on to it and let the coordinator know when he came back. I dont remember the man's last name other than his name being Tony. Probably many of you know who I am talking about. He coordinated the farms in WCOI. Old guy, skinny, glasses. Back in 1984.

I put the ring in my pocket I went back to doing my work, practically forgetting about the ring. About an hour later Tony showed up to tell us it was quitting time. I started to walk away when somebody reminded me about the ring. I said: "Oh yeah, I found this holy spirit ring in the dirt". Immediately his eyes opened wide open. He said: "Where!!" and "Does it have an inscription inside?". I dont remember if I had noticed before but I do remember taking the ring out and reading the inscription inside I cant remember what it said, but I think his name was inside of it. I do remember that whatever he told me was inscribed on the inside was what was actually inscribed, so I knew it was his ring.

He then began to count "8-9-10" and told us that he had lost that ring 10 years ago! After he graduated from the Corps he was assigned to the Indiana Campus. He had been working out on the fields and took his ring off. Not sure how he dropped it, but he did. Never to be found again until that day. The soil had been toiled and planted so many times and that ring just kept toiling along with the rest of the crops. It was a miracle.

I remember all rejoiced with him during lunchtime when he told his story to all present. It was a nice story and one I tell often.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Groucho!!!!!! Long time no seeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Believe it or not, I still have the money in a plastic ziploc bag with the second gold dove I never sold. I'm not sure where exactly they are...but, they're in this house somewhere!!!

It wasn't my money to spend. Still isn't. I guess I could tho...

I know I know...it's daunting, isn't it?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...